Black Desert

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
There's an open invitation for RR members to join PRX. It's not a casual "let's hang out and goof off" experience though. It's a serious and competitive guild with very specific goals.
Yea I played with yall in GW2 for the first few months and got a feel for it. I'll likely reapply once im 50 and meet req's. 41 now and fairly close on the armor reqs so should be this weekend. Will be nice to have folks to play with soloing getting lonely

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This level speed bullshit is such a lie. 1-50 in 15 hours as a ranger or wiz/witch, 1-50 in 279 hours as any melee.

I'm convinced there's some model hitbox issues. I can land my punches on a giant that doesn't move and when it enters certain animations I can't hit him with my tiny character until the swing stop, seriously I can land 10 punches and it won't do damage despite the fact they chunk them when they do land. Meanwhile my cat has no problem chowing down in the meantime.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's probably not a lie. I admit to being pulled in by the promise of being 50 in 15 hours. And since every recent mmo has been a crappy copy of the last theme park, that was a killer selling point. But this game has a way of sidetracking me to do stuff that I haven't enjoyed since EQ days.

So I'm still not 50 and don't give a fuck.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's probably not a lie. I admit to being pulled in by the promise of being 50 in 15 hours. And since every recent mmo has been a crappy copy of the last theme park, that was a killer selling point. But this game has a way of sidetracking me to do stuff that I haven't enjoyed since EQ days.

So I'm still not 50 and don't give a fuck.
I don't really mind but there's just no way that's accurate for first run through on a melee toon, at least certainly not without a steady leveling group. Mobs react so slow they won't clump as melee. It can take a full 30 seconds for some mobs in the camps you need to level in to stand up and engage you.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. Wiz / ranger probably have a much easier time mass aoe'ing. On sorc it's not too bad but you still have to get the slow mobs grouped up enough to do the cone damage. Slows things down a bit and gives the Wiz gankers time to steal the mobs. On pure melee, I can see it being worse.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EjA9Zfq.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Right now I just have my Ultimate Basteer weapon up to +4. I have a ton of silver though (I think 3M total), should I just DE that to recover the stones and buy an 'end game' weapon off the AH?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game looks beautiful. But I hear there is not much of a PVE endgame?
There's no real raiding, correct. This game is basically Asheron's Call without the good loot system. There's just a bunch of stuff you can go murder until you get enough random items and materials and then you can leave. Some good farm spots, some shit ones. Dungeons are just ... there. Caves, castles, whatever aren't instanced (besides the server-channel instance scheme). There are some bosses you can summon with scrolls that drop loot but if you're looking for WoW/EQ style trash/boss/trash/boss/trash/epicboss raid then it's def not here.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no real raiding, correct. This game is basically Asheron's Call without the good loot system. There's just a bunch of stuff you can go murder until you get enough random items and materials and then you can leave. Some good farm spots, some shit ones. Dungeons are just ... there. Caves, castles, whatever aren't instanced (besides the server-channel instance scheme). There are some bosses you can summon with scrolls that drop loot but if you're looking for WoW/EQ style trash/boss/trash/boss/trash/epicboss raid then it's def not here.
What's the point of playing, once you hit cap?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right now I just have my Ultimate Basteer weapon up to +4. I have a ton of silver though (I think 3M total), should I just DE that to recover the stones and buy an 'end game' weapon off the AH?
No. Go Cephelon, find the Weapon vendor named Ronatz, bearish North gate. Play the convo game to get 500 Amity, then buy the Yuria Weapon for 90k. Great weapon until you can get/afford Liverto.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NO. Keep the basteer weapon. When you hit 50 and equip it, it starts a quest line that gives around ~13 weapon stones. Same with dobart armor. Keep one(I had boots). When you hit 50 and if they are in your inventory, will open a quest line for about 18 armor stones.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
NO. Keep the basteer weapon. When you hit 50 and equip it, it starts a quest line that gives around ~13 weapon stones. Same with dobart armor. Keep one(I had boots). When you hit 50 and if they are in your inventory, will open a quest line for about 18 armor stones.
Narrowly avoided a tragedy, then.

EDIT: shit I did sell my dobart piece because it was junky. Can I get another by then?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Narrowly avoided a tragedy, then.

EDIT: shit I did sell my dobart piece because it was junky. Can I get another by then?
Should get multiple dorbart pieces leveling up, not sure if they all trigger the quest line though.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont know about Asherons Call comparisons. AC darktide was fucking miles better than this game. It seems like a pretty good game overall but too much rang and currency bullshit to last and be remembered years from now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Basically this is early AC. Later AC everything was quest hub based much like WoW, daillies, +gooder crafting etc. Right now it's pretty much just go into whatever woods and murder things for loot. Unfortunately it's got a shitty loot system compared to AC but the feel is kinda similar in how it's more a sandboxy endgame rather than anything like WoW or EQ put out.