Black Desert

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Purchasing this weekend for Spring Break gaming.

Edan is locked or whatever for new characters. (or was during my trial) Any other servers with peeps? Maybe get a list going on first post?

I've read some pretty vague comments but are they going to release the other classes and gender options for NA?

Bruman

Golden Squire
I think the "feels like EQ" depends a lot on what EQ was to you. As said, there's very little feature-wise they share, aside from leaving you feeling lost and no quest hub to quest hub systems, apparently.

For me, EQ was always about danger and exploration, and how those two tied together. Nothing I've read/seen about BDO (I'm not playing it) seems to convey those senses for me.

If the game had kick-ass sprawling dungeons, then I'd probably be all over it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Interesting article from MMORPG.com (I know, I know but they make one comment that I found interesting).

"But unlike so many MMOs I review these days, I feel confident in saying that I'll be playing Black Desert long after I assign a numerical indicator of its worth. Black Desert isn't about killing or questing your way to some mythical endgame. It's about carving a path in a huge and varied world, making a name for yourself as a baker, a fisherman, a blacksmith, a warrior, a pirate, or a scoundrel. In short, it's exactly the kind of MMORPG we've been wanting for years. Warts and all, I think every MMORPG fan needs to at least try Black Desert Online. And even if you don't like this particular flavor of game, I'd wager this is the sort of MMO we should be hoping comes out of the next round of games on the horizon. Lord knows we've all had enough trips to "Almost Azeroth" to last a lifetime."

Regardless of how you feel towards BDO, is it the step in the right direction for future MMO's?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember Clementine from GW2 when I was in PRX. She is one of the two things I remember, and the other is Tuco bitching about some elementalist lightning ball spell not being able to glide off cliffs after a nerf or something.

Here is Clementine and Draegan, let her voice flow through you, deep into your bones:

PS: can someone PM me a guest pass?
In GW2 I went to WvW at level 5 or so and never left. A couple years post-release I set everything up to come back so I could actually see the world, do all the quests etc. I saw that they nerfed ride the lightning into the ground so I logged out and uninstalled the game.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man there is so much fucking going on in this game, it's a complete sensory overload. So hard to figure out wtf I'm even doing.

Made a Valkyrie.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man there is so much fucking going on in this game, it's a complete sensory overload. So hard to figure out wtf I'm even doing.

Made a Valkyrie.
If you're into gathering, crafting and trading. I suggest turning on the quest filter for those since they are disable by default which means you don't see the icons over NPC's head, or actually have the quest available when talking to them. If you're not into that keep it off since it will add tons of quest you won't want.
smile.png

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're into gathering, crafting and trading. I suggest turning on the quest filter for those since they are disable by default which means you don't see the icons over NPC's head, or actually have the quest available when talking to them. If you're not into that keep it off since it will add tons of quest you won't want.
smile.png
I actually despise all of those things, I just want to fucking kill things, not talk to people and watch cut scenes and do conversations.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the "feels like EQ" depends a lot on what EQ was to you. As said, there's very little feature-wise they share, aside from leaving you feeling lost and no quest hub to quest hub systems, apparently.

For me, EQ was always about danger and exploration, and how those two tied together. Nothing I've read/seen about BDO (I'm not playing it) seems to convey those senses for me.

If the game had kick-ass sprawling dungeons, then I'd probably be all over it.
BDO absolutely has quest hubs. However, the quests themselves don't give much (if any) leveling experience so they are semi-optional. If you want to do any of the crafting / trading, you'll need to do a tremendous amount of them. The setup I have, where I have 9 tree nodes + 1 wheat node + 3 carpentry nodes requires 88 CP.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually despise all of those things, I just want to fucking kill things, not talk to people and watch cut scenes and do conversations.
If you just want to kill things (in PvE) this is the perfect game. There is nothing but the grind for competitive players.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Fucks sake you folks look too deep into things.

I feel like I just mentioned to a room full of addicts that this is the closest thing to heroin they will get. Then they spent the next 6000 pages claiming I said it was heroin.

TL;DR You're never getting EQ again...sorry. But this is the closest thing to it. No one is ever again going to give players the freedom in combat that EQ did. Protip: It wasn't intentional in EQ either...
This. I'm just having fun and hitting things with axes.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you just want to kill things (in PvE) this is the perfect game. There is nothing but the grind for competitive players.
And if you want to kill things in PvP, get a Ghillie suit, stage guild wars for grind spots ownership or abuse karma system like everyone else.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Made a Valkyrie.
Solid choice from what I've heard. Supposedly much better than warrior (its counterpart).

The in-game guide, accessed by your black spirit ",", is actually pretty helpful. There are also introductory quests to all things like trading, nodes, buying houses/setting up shops, crafting, etc. Grab a fishing pole from a fishing vendor (little fish icon on the map once you discover one) and clear your inventory to AFK fish while you don't play. Sell those fish to a Trader npc in a town (make sure you have nodes linked between where you fish and the town you sell in) and you can make a good amount of money while not playing.