Black Desert

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the karma abuse?
Get that packet editor which will allow you to PK people without getting negative karma, since it's apparently client side. Any google search will tell you how hard is it to edit stuff. The karma abuse one is kind of rampant since some people got PK'd numerous times on fisherman spots from characters being able to afk fish in Heidel minutes after. We all know cheat / hack stuff is rampant in korean mmos, it's not BDO major problem right now but it's an important one since the game has been release in KR / RU for years now and they still can't be arsed countering that.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
For the first time with a new MMO, I only have minor complaints.

Mostly quality of life shit, coupled with cash shop abuse. You get a pathetically small inventory which eventually expands via quests, but your weight limit is jokingly small. BUT FOR FIVE SMALL PAYMENTS IN OUR CASH SHOP you too can actually loot more than 2 things.

Ive leveled up my breath for extra stamina and that was nice, assumed the same would happen with strength training. Nope, it's a sad +1 lb per level give or take, so really doesn't help.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a sorc I find breath very handy because of dodges, etc. So I didn't use a horse for the first 20 levels or so to get breath (stamina) up above 20. Health is always useful, so I spend some silver to get 30 min or more food (cooking is cheaper I'm sure). But the percentage increase is not all that much so I don't focus on it. As for strength, I just don't see the point in leveling it because of the low returns and painfully slow time it takes to increase it. I work on it a bit here and there but just carrying around a decent belt (wt limit +40 or some such) is much easier.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
If you're prepared to drop 50 bucks, you will get more mileage by buying the 30 dollar version then invest the other 20 in the cash shop for pets, inventory spots or weight limit increases.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I dropped the cash on the pearl shop weight increases cause I got sick of going overweight when I actually started grinding stuff in my early 20s. I'm like 31 or 32 now and i'm seriously considering dropping some more cash to get an army of pets (I grouped at red orcs with one person who had 3 pets and I literally got like one loot out of every 40 because it was all cleared by the time I got to it and/or got done fighting the mobs). Not that it matters when soloing but i've also had stacks of 5-10 loot piles disappear quite often because super fast respawns prevent me from looting in a never-ending stream of mobs I have to fight/dodge.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So do we have a forum guild? PRX seems a little too intense for me at this point.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So do we have a forum guild? PRX seems a little too intense for me at this point.
Good question. Curious for this myself. I got the $30 edition. However, looking for a 2nd buddy code for friend if anyone has an extra lying around they could message me. Trying to convince our old guild to buy into this but everyone so hesitant with new MMO's these days.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So I have not followed this at all. I watched a video on this today and it looks interesting, and the graphics are impressive. It does not seem to be a quest to max level game which is good. Whats the high end like if there is one?

So I have not followed this at all. I watched a video on this today and it looks interesting, and the graphics are impressive. It does not seem to be a quest to max level game which is good. Whats the high end like if there is one?
End game is Grind grps for Gear and Pvp other grind grps trying to steal your shit, also makeing all the silver you can stock pile, thru tradeskills or just killing shit and selling stuff in ah. Castle siege coming soon.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got a Repayment 3 letter if someone wants to trade. I'll send it to the name of whoever sends me one in-game.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Interesting article from MMORPG.com (I know, I know but they make one comment that I found interesting).

"But unlike so many MMOs I review these days, I feel confident in saying that I'll be playing Black Desert long after I assign a numerical indicator of its worth. Black Desert isn't about killing or questing your way to some mythical endgame. It's about carving a path in a huge and varied world, making a name for yourself as a baker, a fisherman, a blacksmith, a warrior, a pirate, or a scoundrel. In short, it's exactly the kind of MMORPG we've been wanting for years. Warts and all, I think every MMORPG fan needs to at least try Black Desert Online. And even if you don't like this particular flavor of game, I'd wager this is the sort of MMO we should be hoping comes out of the next round of games on the horizon. Lord knows we've all had enough trips to "Almost Azeroth" to last a lifetime."

Regardless of how you feel towards BDO, is it the step in the right direction for future MMO's?
Well this mmorg.com article must come from someone who never played ultima online, eq before velious or swg pre-cu. Because to be honest the best thing about BDO right now, its maybe that. A "step in the right direction for future MMO's". And maybe all this formated blizzard player will want to play something else than a shitty queue online game fest.
Beside one or two cool game mechanic, BDO still suffer from the F2P approach, the cockblock crafting, the non-trading system and the lack of itemization. In fact there is no itemization at all in this game. Also the feeling you're playing this game alone and for yourself only is really present from the beginning and even worse when you'll hit higher level.

This game like all other mmorpg lately is designed to bomb fast, but cash-up fast. Its a one-shot. Even by knowing that, i have real difficulty to see if it'll last longer than some months, or still running in after one year like for example guildwar2. But in the end i really feel this game lack everything a sandbox comes with. Maybe it'll be better after some content patch, but it'll stay as it is. A damm F2P game with the worse cash shop i ever seen handle by the worse company that they could find.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
End game is Grind grps for Gear and Pvp other grind grps trying to steal your shit
More like "let's kill these guys once or twice before it's getting too penalizing karma system wise, then let's flee, switch channel and the give them the spot if the fuckers still come back".

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm enjoying afk fishing giving me xp and money. It's slow, but it's there. Then I get more money and xp for selling the fish to the trade manager. Feels weird.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
A friend told me: "I can craft shit, but I can't trade it to guildmates or friends, so where is the difference between this and Skyrim?".
It's a soloing game, except if you like PvP, in which case it becomes an exploiting game or a "bigger guild wins" game. The solo part is quite good, I admit, but it's not really a cooperative environment. I like it, but not praise it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
A friend told me: "I can craft shit, but I can't trade it to guildmates or friends, so where is the difference between this and Skyrim?".
It's a soloing game, except if you like PvP, in which case it becomes an exploiting game or a "bigger guild wins" game. The solo part is quite good, I admit, but it's not really a cooperative environment. I like it, but not praise it.
Your 'friend' is retarded.