Black Desert

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aren't dungeons and raids the definition of what you want end game?
No, that's the definition of what killed the genre. When there's a whole world of activity available, why offer one linear path of progression (that had nothing to do with the rest of the game?)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No, that's the definition of what killed the genre. When there's a whole world of activity available, why offer one linear path of progression (that had nothing to do with the rest of the game?)
Then make dungeons and raids part of that whole world, along with all they are currently offering.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah let's not forget DAOC's Darkness Falls, still waiting for a game to recreate that kind of contested dungeon properly. Am only level 30 here though so maybe there's something similar?

Also I think it's possible to have challenging pve raids/dungeons without having to go down the whole tiering detatched-from-rest-of-game path. You just need to make sure the rewards aren't independent from the rest of the game, but rather are part of a larger whole. So a successful guild needs some raiders to beat content for material x, which when combined with crafted material y and pvp raided material z leads to something useful for the guild. It's only a problem when the raiding is the only way to get gear, and/or that gear is only good for further raiding.

Hmerly

Heh, every spot can be contested. Lots of aholes will try to pk you just cause they were in an area first. They'll wait for you to be engaged and attack you from behind. Especially if they're with a buddy and you're alone. Its some of the most fun you can have actually in this game. The unexpected PK fight. You lose some, and you win some. Either way, its a blast.

Cerzi

Hows the pvp death penalty? Does it actually mean anything beyond just pushing someone off your grind spot for a short while til they run back?

Am playing catchup and just nolifing it to 40-50ish atm as I had clearly misjudged this game severely.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It kinda makes me feel like EQ did. Maybe a bit like EQ's hotter younger sister that does the freaky shit!

The game it self is well crafted. There is a ton to do from start when you are completely lost to endgame when you know what you want to do but you need to get 53 things in order first. But there is also the potential. EQ had that in droves, before Kunark we all had hopes and even dreams of what might be coming. This game has that to a point. Wow vanilla had it too, in droves actually, BDO is worth the money, easy.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If I had to put a finger on it I would say the current state of the game is similar to EQ at Velious or WoW at Lich King, where the game itself is in a sweet spot for things to do to take up your time, while also being new enough to feel like exploration is a goal.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Inventory space is such a headache.

Edit: Anyone got any quick info on some easy stuff to cook/craft to work on this health stat? I'm currently running around velia getting the hang of this crafting thing before getting back into the levelling grind.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sute tea for leveling up life skills. Milk tea for leveling up combat. And any 30 minute plus food for just autofishing or whatever. The important thing is to eat every 30 minutes on cooldown. If you want to level up cooking get the grape farm near Olivia noded that will help you get the mats for both Sute Tea and Like Tea by making Tea with a fine scent. More expensive food will get you more health xp I think but it is a lot more expensive.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Anyone got a more casual guild on edan? I dont think im high enough for prx and i kinda just want to chill and explore the game anyway. My valkyries name is Nyrruk.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's nothing like eq imo.
That's fair, but specifically I just meant what was promised with EQ Next. If this game had Everquest lore and was called EQNext I'd be quite happy.

To be specific, I think the real association might just be the complete lack of spoilers and rewarding both exploration (crafters esp enchanters took huge risks figuring things out) and lets face it...pure grinding.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Anyone got a more casual guild on edan? I dont think im high enough for prx and i kinda just want to chill and explore the game anyway. My valkyries name is Nyrruk.
You could always join PRX3 and learn the ropes, hang out with the rest of PRX on TS and have a good time.