Black Desert

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yes. Doesn't mean it wont be delayed, and I think it will be. But that's the plan. There's no reason not to buy it now unless you've been in the clink and need to catch up on GTAV, Inquisition, and the series finale of Lost. Sorry, the last one sucked.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So DL'd the game went to start and i saw on a forum a list of only 3 US servers and all were crowded and i couldn't even create a character on them...

Variise

N00b
That sucks for the player but it's a good problem to have as a developer/publisher. They obviously need to scale up.

I'm waiting until Kunoichi drops before I invest any time in this game.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Alright so i have been floundering for 8 months since i took a new job where i have alot more free time and work from home. Guess i'll give this a go but figured might as well do it right. Picked up a lvl 55 for fairly cheap (witch), figured i'd start with an alt and use some of her gear for quicker leveling while i learn the game and then can circle back to her as time progresses as thats probably the class that sounds interesting.

So for an alt....how does sorc do? I've been a glass cannon type of player since age 6 (4 BLM Final Fantasy Clear anyone!) so i'd like something with some burst. I fucked around on the guest pass enough to see how combat could be kind of fun but going to have to mess around with key bindings alot as i've gotten 100% used to Smite and having basically 90% of action buttons on my mouse.

How is ranger compared to sorc?

Variise

N00b
Ugh.... just saw that Kunoichi is being turned into a hula hoop dancer with her awakened weapon. I'll reserve full judgement until they release the video but....really?

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Witch and Ranger are two completely different playstyles. Rangers jump around, kite, and are constantly moving/dodging. Wizards are more like turrets, and are the main support class in the game. Wizards are way more desirable in groups, but Rangers are great soloers.

They're both fun, both ranged, but couldn't be further apart. I'd say it's like Vanilla WoW's Priest (Wizard) vs a Ranged Rogue.

Rangers are really strong in grp pvp, but if you roll ranger be prepared to spam one ability the whole time in grp pvp cause its that good.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Turbo ITT:

9:53 gets guest pass
11:31 gets game downloaded but can't make a new character because population capped
12:49 buys a level 55 account and asks about basic class questions

that's some dedication right there

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I don't half ass anything sir! But.....newest developement the fucking idiots at playerauctions literally want you to verify as a person GIVING THEM MONEY to show a selfie of you taking a piss with your grand mother behind you holding a copy of your ID and the 3rd grade copy of BFG she used to read you. So after they kept sending me credit card validation forms on top of that even though it was a paypal direct bank account i fucking lost my shit and got banned from their chat in which led me to emails and i'm "pretty" sure the transaction will be canceled and my account banned because i think i used FUCK in capital letters 1 out of 4 words when i got it escaled to the chinese masters.

So....guess i saved myself 2 years of hardcore dedication then waking up thinking fuck this isn't fun! Back to Smite
frown.png

Cybsled

The full servers isn't permanent. Just try in the morning. Prime time on a Saturday night isn't the best ;p

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Do you know what the Amity game is? It's basically scrolling through a wheel to select a bunch of game pieces to gain points. There isn't strategy or anything and you have to do it a few dozen times just to buy armor to repair existing armor.

I would of liked the ability to create sets and just reclick sets.

Variise

N00b
Do you know what the Amity game is? It's basically scrolling through a wheel to select a bunch of game pieces to gain points. There isn't strategy or anything and you have to do it a few dozen times just to buy armor to repair existing armor.

I would of liked the ability to create sets and just reclick sets.
So bad game design. =/

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Game devs have been trying, and failing, to make a good game mechanic for socialization for decades. Every idea I've seen just breaks down once you learn the gimmick.