Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This MMO is supposed to launch in 2013 with beta scheduled for the first half of the year. It look pretty good visually, has housing and is supposed to be a sandbox game. Its a korean MMO so its probably a grinder. Its on my radar but I didnt see a thread here so I made one.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09...ler-impresses/

Sorry I don't know how to embed youtube vids on this site.

Links for more articleshttp://massively.joystiq.com/tag/black-desert

-------------
Note from Tuco:
As always in sandbox games with a heavy PvP focus, PRX is competing in this game in a very serious way. And Rerolled members are welcome to join. We've had some 300 folks from Rerolled join PRX in the last three titles PRX competed in. In GW2 we went 72-4 in WvW, one of the top scores of all time. In ArcheAge we competed on Kyrios for a year before moving on. ESO was fine for two months until the game died.

If this sounds great and you want to really enjoy Black Desert Online for all its worth, then you'll need to go through our recruitment process. Going through the application process is a little antiquated but it's critical that you get access to our forums to see our plans and it's also useful for us to get to know you. Read ourCode of Conductand if you agree to its termsfollow this processto post an application. Note that you are from Rerolled and if your desired name in ArcheAge differs from your forum name, please post it. If I know you I will respond to it vouching for you. If I don't know you I'm unable to vouch for you and your success or failure will determine on the quality of your application, so be specific and verbose in why you are a good fit for PRX.

Also note that people from PRX, including me, are strictly forbidden from engaging in drama shit-talking on public forums like this one. There's going to be some very salty tears from some very sore losers over the next month, but we will only address them ingame. Generally the only public posts we make are recruitment posts like this one. If you have any questions about PRX, please PM Tuco.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The graphics are pretty awesome for an MMO, but it's korean, so pretty safe to assume that it's a grindy snorefest.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Wow, that looks pretty sharp. Plus, it's a sandbox, another positive. Here's hoping it doesn't go complete Korean mode on us.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I don't mind a longer leveling curve tbh. I hope I can't make it to max level in a month. I'm so tired of being done in an MMO in less than a month. I looks good, has housing, and a few other systems so I'll give it a shot. Idk when it's supposed to hit the west. If it launches in Korea this year, it won't hit us until December or 2014.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
If those battles they showed at the end don't degenerate into complete slide shows, I will be thoroughly impressed by that alone... Also, it appears that friendly fire is on, for artillery anyways. When those two cannons go off the second one takes out his own front line.

I hope they don't plan on culling the view distance to 2 inches past your toes just so they can maintain everyone's flowing hair and supple skin textures during the big fights.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
This actually looks like a Next Gen MMO. I'm intrigued. Will be watching for more news.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...asses-and-wea/

Pearl Abyss has released seven minutes of stunning new footage from its Black Desert MMORPG. The clip features an eyeful of the game's unique weather and climate systems (which are specific to each region) as well as plenty of fly-through shots featuring varied environments.

We also get a good look at mounts, combat, and closeups of various classes like the Valkyrie, Wizard, and more. Steparu has posted a brief write-up on the game as well as a couple of additional videos covering housing and the trade map. Combat is described as a hybrid between third-person action titles like TERA and Vindictus and FPS-style systems like those in the Elder Scrolls series

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there more information than just whats presented in teaser videos somewhere?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Looks cool as hell... but if Blade & Soul is any indication of how long it takes to fucking localize shit, we won't see this till 2015.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this was called eq next, everyone on this site would have gone apeshit!.

Player built housing
World PVP
SANDBOX!!!!!!
Large scale seiges
Persistent world, no zones
HORSE DRIFTING!!!!

booksy_sl

shitlord
What is the day to day gameplay like in this game? I was interested in Archeage until i saw it just looks like every other questing game.

Blackwulf

N00b
Love the graphics in this game. Hate the Dragon Ball Z combat. Also, their engine was chunking like a mother f'er during that castle siege scene.

But man... those graphics. Lovely!