Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thanks! I didn't know about that NPC near him (Ellie). I saw quite a few things for 1 silver, but no exp scrolls (assuming I am looking at the correct one)?
Sorry bro I was wrong and got confused where I got them from. The exp scrolls are in the loyalty shop for 1 loyalty each and they cap you at 50 of them. Hit pearl shop, then hit the loyalty tab on the right, then scroll until you see them. You get loyalty points just for playing and completing challenges, make sure you claim them, they look like blue? purple baloons?

loyalty.PNG

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Welp, just hit 61 on my chick. Noit a bad run in like 8 days(and 1/2 or more of that was AFK fishing). Did the last 2 levels questing after getting Chenga Tome, which ups your quest exp by 30%. Used a video guide of the dude I posted up above. Took like 5 hours today to hit 61 from 59. I wish I had done this sooner and leveled this way from 56-61. Grinding, even with the 1000% exp and the 530% scroll and all the other bullshit extras was just taking too long at 59. I was getting like maybe 10% per hour if that. Maybe it was the spots I was hitting up but kinda limited by my gear. Now I can concentrate on just playing the game, leveling up my armors, which BTW this whole leveling RNG thing they have going with gear is kinda whack if you ask me. I know people say you dont have to partake, just buy everything, but still. I dont ever remember playing a game where it would delete rare ass items from your inventory just for a fail. And this season gear is supposed to be easy, lol. I failed on my boots like 5x in a row at like 70% ish using the 60 valks scrolls.

Anyway going to try some more life skill shit. I wanna try hunting and more fishing, now I can finally play the game now that the season milestones are met. The leveling was super fast from 1-56, but then took a sharp decline, I think 3/4 of the total time was spent in these last levels.

Then next season I want to try a striker me thinks. Those look fun. Anyway cool game, totally different than what other mmorpgs are all about. Definitely worth a play through for sure if youre on the fence. Im kinda addicted to this shit.

Ended up with about a billion silver just playing and selling the crap that was dropping, the +greens and +blues, vendored the rest. Got lucky a few times from the black spirit shit, it dropped some rare shit I sold as well. Like ogre ring, is the one I remember.

BDO_61.PNG

_bdo_totals.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Welp, just hit 61 on my chick. Noit a bad run in like 8 days(and 1/2 or more of that was AFK fishing). Did the last 2 levels questing after getting Chenga Tome, which ups your quest exp by 30%. Used a video guide of the dude I posted up above. Took like 5 hours today to hit 61 from 59.
Poly forest is pretty great xp/skillpoints for grinding in the 57-61 range. worth popping a 530 there or two on newer characters once you get your grind speed up. when you get a bit more ap/dp (like 220/270 fully buff (trinket, food, free draughts, health potions) and test out Hexe sanctuary. Pretty awesome you just tap a tombstone and it constantly spawns enemies for 15 minutes.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Little slower than I had been hoping for (average is 154.3%), but I'm done leveling it. Did coupons so it's got 24/24 skills.

Untitled.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Little slower than I had been hoping for (average is 154.3%), but I'm done leveling it. Did coupons so it's got 24/24 skills.

View attachment 343503
I'm just going to end up buying my Dream horse. T8 coursers are roughly the same speed (mine has 154.3% with horseshoe), just without the special skills like water walk, floating, etc. I briefly looked at the whole T9/T10 horse system and noped the fuck out - too frustrating for my taste.

I had around 3k crons sitting in my storage and decided to go for PEN on my Dande. Ended up hitting it after 3 taps, once I figured out it's stupid to cron PEN attempts and much easier to cron TET attempts, so that PEN raw taps increase your stack. You typically save yourself some crons that way also (way less required to cron TET attempts vs. PEN). Wasted the rest trying to hit a second one to sell, but I had already spent too many on 5 cronned PEN attempts, before realizing the more productive route.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Poly forest is pretty great xp/skillpoints for grinding in the 57-61 range. worth popping a 530 there or two on newer characters once you get your grind speed up. when you get a bit more ap/dp (like 220/270 fully buff (trinket, food, free draughts, health potions) and test out Hexe sanctuary. Pretty awesome you just tap a tombstone and it constantly spawns enemies for 15 minutes.

Yes I found out about this spot end of last month. Not sure how it is on xp skills but far and away best timeless enhancing loot spot. Braindead bad, blue scroll, with my wiz and I pull over 300 an hour. Streamer gets 4-5 hundred. Gonna be spending alot of time here next season with my awake guardian.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is the grinding spot encyclopedia, all tested by this dude for hours, lol.

• 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just installed this game and Im blown away.

Beautiful but so so hard to understand. Crazy

Trying to figure this game out is insane!!!!!!!!!

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just installed this game and Im blown away.

Beautiful but so so hard to understand. Crazy

Trying to figure this game out is insane!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the graphics and animations are really well done. They also did a great job with the towns/world with things going on that make it feel a lot more immersive than a lot of other games. As far as complexity it really is the POE of MMORPGS.

Tooken

Trakanon Raider
I'm installing this now and playing for the first time. What is the most important thing to shoot for before this season ends? I'm watching the linked videos now.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm installing this now and playing for the first time. What is the most important thing to shoot for before this season ends? I'm watching the linked videos now.
Play through the story and you will get one blue set you need to upgrade to pen (V) its easy and they give you plenty of stones. Then tomorrow they come in with patch, they are adding in a brand new set you then trade in the pen blue stuff in for the new one to level up. This armor is supposedly more powerful than the last set they had in. So it will be worth upgrading that. You can then take that armor back to normal after season is done.

Just play through main story is what I would concentrate on. Not sure how far you will get with only 8 days left. But at least you will be more ready for next season?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Play through the story and you will get one blue set you need to upgrade to pen (V) its easy and they give you plenty of stones. Then tomorrow they come in with patch, they are adding in a brand new set you then trade in the pen blue stuff in for the new one to level up. This armor is supposedly more powerful than the last set they had in. So it will be worth upgrading that. You can then take that armor back to normal after season is done.

Just play through main story is what I would concentrate on. Not sure how far you will get with only 8 days left. But at least you will be more ready for next season?
The new armor traded in for Naru gear is NOT better than PEN Tuvala, it's just a tad worse. If falls between TET Tuvala and Pen Tuvala in quality. It's probably the "new player" gearing method though, as they also made capotia accessory rewards happen a lot earlier with the patch as well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I didnt see stats until today. But still it comes out the box like that and you dont have to bang your head against wall to pen that shit either and farm tuvula oar or those other mats. So IMO its a win-win. Which is a good thing IMO. I still have yet to pen my weapon on my guardian after trying a few times now with the 60 valks scrolls. Waiting for the 70 to drop from my log in rewards this week to hopefully hit on that. Honestly whomever designed this RNG bullshit item upgrade system needs to be beat down.

Still with the capotia stuff they give you and this gear here you should be sitting pretty at about 235-240 AP and 280ish DP which is not a bad start and no RNG bullshit to get it all leveled either. Lets be real here, by all intents, it is better than Tuvula because who the fuck has all that shit to pen anyway? Tet is about all youre getting maybe save the weapon or if youre really really lucky and the offhand which you try to get to pen because that has the most bang for your buck AP wise if youre into the whole PvE farming thng.

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I didnt see stats until today. But still it comes out the box like that and you dont have to bang your head against wall to pen that shit either and farm tuvula oar or those other mats. So IMO its a win-win. Which is a good thing IMO. I still have yet to pen my weapon on my guardian after trying a few times now with the 60 valks scrolls. Waiting for the 70 to drop from my log in rewards this week to hopefully hit on that. Honestly whomever designed this RNG bullshit item upgrade system needs to be beat down.

Still with the capotia stuff they give you and this gear here you should be sitting pretty at about 235-240 AP and 280ish DP which is not a bad start and no RNG bullshit to get it all leveled either. Lets be real here, by all intents, it is better than Tuvula because who the fuck has all that shit to pen anyway? Tet is about all youre getting maybe save the weapon or if youre really really lucky and the offhand which you try to get to pen because that has the most bang for your buck AP wise if youre into the whole PvE farming thng.

Just wish they would have said something before I turned all of my pen Naru in for Tuvala. Don't have the mats to do a full set again.

They thow gear at you so I'm not that bothered by it, but it would have been nice to have gear for some of my umpteenbazillion alts.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So no new season in the next few weeks. Guess gonna start gearing up my striker. Been trying to level a ton of classes to 56 as it only takes a couple hours and about 10 mil silver, with this 1000% boost.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Except you still have to PEN Naru gear to exchange it for the new stuff. Granted, getting PEN Naru is FAR easier than PEN Tuvala, but Tuvala is pretty easy to just slam over and over with all the mats you get. If it goes back down to DUO, just use the guaranteed stones to bring it back up to TRI. Decent way to build stacks also. You also shouldn't be attempting PEN on anything less than a 100+ stack IMO. I mean, it's probably fine for shit like Tuvala because the mats are so easy to get in comparison to Crons, but still..

The enhancement system is definitely AIDS, but it's SO much fucking better than it was when I played in 2017. Just being able to see your % chance to succeed alone is massive. Then you add cron stones on top of it? So much better. That said, I do VERY little enhancing and skip it as much as possible, since my RNG luck in video games is horrible. I usually keep a TET boss weapon I use for failstack building and sell when I tap it PEN. I also ONLY do this with the free crons they hand out. Fuck trying to buy costumes and shit off the market to melt, especially since you don't really make money enhancing anymore unless you have MASSIVE capital to work with. I'll sometimes use the free crons to gamble accessories as well, but Distortion Earrings are about the only thing really worth gambling for nowadays.