Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah just saying that's what I've been seeing ppl say that it's been a while on the same system and they've done that before when they started giving out pen boss pieces from quests and pen capotia upgrades and all that. I think it wouldn't be like straight to 300AP or anything, but maybe another pen boss quest, or a tet desto equivalent or maybe making tet blackstar easier to make and so on, basically push up the baseline a bit higher, but still with a lot of stuff to farm.

As for orcs I think the idea is the new grind spots would be that much superior that orcs would become the new entry so it'd balance out I guess? Like if you make 1.8b in new spots or something, then fresh(relatively) players being at orcs isn't that much of an issue, probably.

Anyway was just stuff I read from people who assumed they were gonna do that in the next ~6months. I don't really care either way.

I just hope they let me switch my seasonal char without using my timepiece for now. Sucks I won't be able to get the 4th PEN Capotia though, was counting on that one during next season so I'd have neck+belt from season rewards and earring+ring from crystals and then then PEN jetina ring leaving only one earring slot to fill for minimal effort, but basically now need a ring too. Not a massive issue I guess.
I would be ok if they bumped it up a couple brackets is all. Like you said, maybe another pen boss, tet disto quest, some stuff like that.

Full PEN Tuvala puts you at what? 245/307? I'd be alright if they brought it up to around the 253/315 brackets. Maybe even 257, which is a pretty big bracket boost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah so the english version of the notice is a lot more readable than the garbled shit Google Translate was saying, and it seems clearer it will in fact be basically a personnal thing. No mention about the rewards/pass so they might remove/move away from that and add them in other ways, but it sounds like you can just make every new char into a "season" char at any point in time, and leave whenever you want. Effectively that sounds like permanent pve servers.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only care about the rewards (and even that less so since all that's left are 100 Valks). That, and if timepiece stays in.

Anyway, succ zerker getting more buffs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I only care about the rewards (and even that less so since all that's left are 100 Valks). That, and if timepiece stays in.

Anyway, succ zerker getting more buffs.
Right hopefully they'll post more news about the timepiece/end of season rewards, if the new system goes in though I guess I can "graduate" my current shit char, delete it, then make a new season so at least that's something. Now I just need to find something else to do for the next 3-4 weeks while I wait for my returning status to cooldown so I get a fresh proper start once I'm done with DFO and FFXIV.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Got around to the fairy quest, had a bunch of petals from rewards/harvesting/ect so bought 5 more. Ended up with a T3 and last one gave me a T4, apparently this is lucky? Have plenty of mats for leveling a fairy up, so just follow the guide and get best skills, and level it up as much as possible?

Distracted by Bg3, but with season change, there isn't any real rush now, other than finishing off my season pass I guess.

I'm currently stuck on the Succ Berserker quest, part with shadow boss that kicks my ass, I'm assuming that would get easier with a couple levels, tweak up the gear some more? Or perhaps there just a trick to it. Was quite the brick wall, considering everthing before it is faceroll easy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got around to the fairy quest, had a bunch of petals from rewards/harvesting/ect so bought 5 more. Ended up with a T3 and last one gave me a T4, apparently this is lucky? Have plenty of mats for leveling a fairy up, so just follow the guide and get best skills, and level it up as much as possible?

Distracted by Bg3, but with season change, there isn't any real rush now, other than finishing off my season pass I guess.

I'm currently stuck on the Succ Berserker quest, part with shadow boss that kicks my ass, I'm assuming that would get easier with a couple levels, tweak up the gear some more? Or perhaps there just a trick to it. Was quite the brick wall, considering everthing before it is faceroll easy.
Buy some potions and spin to win, you beat eventually.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It's "lucky." But faeries are still super RNG, and you can get a T4 that fucking sucks.
Got the auto potion V first, that's quite the game changer, then the WR, it's not max, but only 5-10% difference, then 3rd skill is for desert I assume, auto consume water ect Out of reroll tokens, not sure if I want to keep the desert one, rerolls cost 3 now, so I'll leave fairy at 30ish until I decide, potion one is the big deal I assume. I'd like to get the slot one, and the death prevent if possible.

Buy some potions and spin to win, you beat eventually.
Yeah no shit lol, never realized Zerkers could essentially play like Diablo Barbarians until recently, I thought it was just the single spin. Starting to get a handle on skills, and autopotion is a big help, I'll prob try this again today.

Fishing, is it just fine to sell off all these to trader like I've been doing, or should I be saving any? They all have timers to sell, but I assume thats just for trading, they keep forever for cooking? Been getting a bunch of prize fish and have 2 super rares, don't want to throw away something useful.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Got the auto potion V first, that's quite the game changer, then the WR, it's not max, but only 5-10% difference, then 3rd skill is for desert I assume, auto consume water ect Out of reroll tokens, not sure if I want to keep the desert one, rerolls cost 3 now, so I'll leave fairy at 30ish until I decide, potion one is the big deal I assume. I'd like to get the slot one, and the death prevent if possible.
Choice should have a guide on fairies and how to "reroll" them as a F2P player. It's one of the remaining systems that's still pretty P2W but there are ways around it, sorta.
Yeah no shit lol, never realized Zerkers could essentially play like Diablo Barbarians until recently, I thought it was just the single spin. Starting to get a handle on skills, and autopotion is a big help, I'll prob try this again today.

Fishing, is it just fine to sell off all these to trader like I've been doing, or should I be saving any? They all have timers to sell, but I assume thats just for trading, they keep forever for cooking? Been getting a bunch of prize fish and have 2 super rares, don't want to throw away something useful.
You can sell off what you can to the imperial fishing delivery dude but anything leftover I just sell to the trader, yeah.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Miraculous Cheer V
Feathery Steps V
Fairy's Tear IV

Tear isn't the most important if you don't die a lot, but it's certainly nice to have. After that, it's kind of up to you.

Continuous Care is nice, but I've never actually used it (don't grind longer than an hour because I'd rather stab my eyes out).
Tingling Breath is decent too, but there are limited uses for underwater breathing.
Lots like Morning Star for the light as skill #5.

Inexhaustible Well is worthless, especially if you get Cheer V. Just autoheal through that shit.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Inexhaustible Well is worthless, especially if you get Cheer V. Just autoheal through that shit.
Good to know thanks, know nothing about desert stuff yet, looked potentially useful.

See the arctic fox is in the store, thinking of grabbing that and exchanging it with a pet that doesn't do much other than pickup. I have them all at T3-T4 now, only the polar bear and hedgehog are ones I keep for sure, is hostility detection needed? If not I could swap the T4 cat with fox, and then make fox T5 with quest? I assume the item drop buff is one of the more valuable skills to max out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Good to know thanks, know nothing about desert stuff yet, looked potentially useful.

See the arctic fox is in the store, thinking of grabbing that and exchanging it with a pet that doesn't do much other than pickup. I have them all at T3-T4 now, only the polar bear and hedgehog are ones I keep for sure, is hostility detection needed? If not I could swap the T4 cat with fox, and then make fox T5 with quest? I assume the item drop buff is one of the more valuable skills to max out.
Item drop is one of the best for "combat" pets, yeah.

And yeah, you can basically turn any T4 into a T5.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So this happened today...

dropxx.png

Grats on the Fairy btw, getting it that early is huge. I think it took about 150 turn ins to get mine, maybe more.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally went ahead and got my last 3 Macalod crystals, and man does that make a noticeable difference. Just need to save up for 2 Rebellious, and 2 Ah'krad...and obviously a Girin's, but that's going to likely be just grinding it out myself with once every 2 month drop from the weeklies.

Didn't realize that Marni's got buffed, I thought the only thing we were expecting was the 12 hour thing. Getting about 950m/hr at Orcs (although a lot of that is "cups" silver which doesn't ever materialize). Think it's around 600-650m actual raw silver.

Yesterday I figured I'd finally grind out the stuff for blue carrack cannons since currents are gone, and holy shit is the drop rate horrendous. I had previously just been doing margoria coin runs and I'd hit up crocs for a little bit before finishing. Was able to get close to 50 of each item (need 100 per blue carrack piece). Did an hour at crocs with 281 DR and got like 10 of each. Went to Lek afterwards and got 1 single drop through an entire rotation (probably 30 min). Now I just wanna say fuck it and not bother.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Finally went ahead and got my last 3 Macalod crystals, and man does that make a noticeable difference. Just need to save up for 2 Rebellious, and 2 Ah'krad...and obviously a Girin's, but that's going to likely be just grinding it out myself with once every 2 month drop from the weeklies.
Just grab the red crystal - Bonghwang's in the interim. The main difference is a couple monster AP and 5% item drop rate. They're way cheaper too.
Yesterday I figured I'd finally grind out the stuff for blue carrack cannons since currents are gone, and holy shit is the drop rate horrendous. I had previously just been doing margoria coin runs and I'd hit up crocs for a little bit before finishing. Was able to get close to 50 of each item (need 100 per blue carrack piece). Did an hour at crocs with 281 DR and got like 10 of each. Went to Lek afterwards and got 1 single drop through an entire rotation (probably 30 min). Now I just wanna say fuck it and not bother.
Yeah, I regret this ocean shit so bad. I only have around 17 days left now so I'm just going to deal with it, but holy fuck did I not realize how involved all this shit was. I'm probably just going to grab some green gear, max it, and call it good. Just do barter runs here and there when I'm watching something that requires more attention. But goddamn am I losing a lot of silver/hr focusing on this crap, stocking mats, etc.

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Sorry if this has been answered already gents, but when is the official start of the new season? Is it Sept. 1st or is it the first patch day in Sept. like the 5th? I have 4 friends willing to give this a try, hailing from all sorts of other games and I haven't touched it since before the Kakao/PA transfer, this should be a lot of fun!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's possible "seasons" are done. Sounds like we'll be getting a rolling season that is up to the player for when it starts/ends.

Wouldn't be the first time. I came back to the game a few years ago when seasons first rolled out and they decided after about 3 of them to stop doing them for like a year.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sorry if this has been answered already gents, but when is the official start of the new season? Is it Sept. 1st or is it the first patch day in Sept. like the 5th? I have 4 friends willing to give this a try, hailing from all sorts of other games and I haven't touched it since before the Kakao/PA transfer, this should be a lot of fun!
It's never atm, they extended the current season to the end of the year while they're reworking them or whatever. They made one cryptic announcement post about it then silence, shit doesn't even explain anything.

If you haven't done current summer season yet you can all just start the current one since it's basically not ending anymore.

I'm waiting on my returning player cooldown clearing out some other games then I'll restart the season stuff.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Some stuff on sale that might be useful for anyone new/returning. Base game is 3$ for anyone that doesn't have it, 1/2 off the packs. I'm gonna grab one of the upgrades myself, only got base game. 40$ for Conqueror pack is pretty good for what it gives, basically buying 4000 pearls, and getting a huge bonus pack free.

Having no issues now, the succ quest boss was easy when I did it other day, first time it was dropping my HP in half in seconds. Cleared out all the rift bosses easy, I just have to wade through this massive amount of quests to shrink them down some, and do those Magnus quests.