Black Desert

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I switched over to direct simply because I wanted to run it without steam. Their payment system was a bit odd for me, and triggered my bank and they locked my credit card until I verified it was me & legit transaction, but fine now, wasn't THAT much money lol.

I didn't have any particular issue with steam either, just preference of not having it running, and I wasn't sure if it was possible to make another account via steam. Purchasing was smoother.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reading the KR patch notes, one interesting change that wasn't on test server is apparently they're making the event only alternate infinite potion farm spots permanent. You can only get pity pieces from them(or well an item that can be exchanged for pity pieces) but that adds a lot of potential spots you can grind at if you want to finish a piece with some pity, although obviously they're not necessarily great spots, but some are nice(Polly, Mirumok, Protty)

Element of Altanis part

Edit: They also posted about some details on the upcoming season changes. The changes will actually start in September. Google translate is shaky on some of this stuff but the gist of it as far as I can understand is basically every season, you'll get a season creation ticket. This ticket can be redeemed at any time to create a season character. The tickets can be stacked too. Once you redeem the ticket you get the usual season stuff, including tuvala gear and graduation rewards(supposedly, they haven't shown the full details on this).

This does put me in a weird spot cause technically I could continue the season char I made to grab the rewards, get the PEN tuvala from that, graduate, then start another seasonal char right away. The issue is I don't think I'd be able to delete the char and remake it in the "current" season before my returning player cooldown is back(sept 15th). Maybe I can just use the timepiece to make a new char and inherit summer season stuff on that char even after they start the new system. Kinda wish I didn't name this random seasonal char gibberish I wouldn't feel as bad playing it to the end. Char name change coupons are 1000 pearls I believe which is kinda too expensive to bother with. If I lvl it and timepiece after though I get a lot of free combat fame whatever thingie, since I'd have 2 high chars instead of 1. Still gonna have to wait to see how it works.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also game's on sale. Both the base game(3$) and all the pack stuff you can buy on the side. 40$ for 40$ worth of pearls+a bunch of additional stuff for the conqueror pack, probably gonna end up buying it. Steam will update the sale stuff in a few hours I think.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I switched over to direct simply because I wanted to run it without steam. Their payment system was a bit odd for me, and triggered my bank and they locked my credit card until I verified it was me & legit transaction, but fine now, wasn't THAT much money lol.

I didn't have any particular issue with steam either, just preference of not having it running, and I wasn't sure if it was possible to make another account via steam. Purchasing was smoother.
Yea, thats one of the nice things with Steam, no bank triggers. Still debating which version, since there isn't a way to convert it after the fact.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Reading the KR patch notes, one interesting change that wasn't on test server is apparently they're making the event only alternate infinite potion farm spots permanent. You can only get pity pieces from them(or well an item that can be exchanged for pity pieces) but that adds a lot of potential spots you can grind at if you want to finish a piece with some pity, although obviously they're not necessarily great spots, but some are nice(Polly, Mirumok, Protty)

Element of Altanis part

Edit: They also posted about some details on the upcoming season changes. The changes will actually start in September. Google translate is shaky on some of this stuff but the gist of it as far as I can understand is basically every season, you'll get a season creation ticket. This ticket can be redeemed at any time to create a season character. The tickets can be stacked too. Once you redeem the ticket you get the usual season stuff, including tuvala gear and graduation rewards(supposedly, they haven't shown the full details on this).

This does put me in a weird spot cause technically I could continue the season char I made to grab the rewards, get the PEN tuvala from that, graduate, then start another seasonal char right away. The issue is I don't think I'd be able to delete the char and remake it in the "current" season before my returning player cooldown is back(sept 15th). Maybe I can just use the timepiece to make a new char and inherit summer season stuff on that char even after they start the new system. Kinda wish I didn't name this random seasonal char gibberish I wouldn't feel as bad playing it to the end. Char name change coupons are 1000 pearls I believe which is kinda too expensive to bother with. If I lvl it and timepiece after though I get a lot of free combat fame whatever thingie, since I'd have 2 high chars instead of 1. Still gonna have to wait to see how it works.
That’s not bad with pity pieces. Hate Ronaros, so boreing. I’d rather grind 100 pity at crescents.
Wish they would do this with map and compass pieces

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That’s not bad with pity pieces. Hate Ronaros, so boreing. I’d rather grind 100 pity at crescents.
Yeah, I think alternatives are always great to have, even if I don't particularly love the alternative spot or hate the "usual" spot.

I grinded the map and actually like both Pila Ku and Sulfur Mines, but I also wish they'd add alternate spots for those. Especially the compass, as I hate every fucking bit of the compass spots and it's the sole reason I haven't even bothered with it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't realize that Marni's got buffed, I thought the only thing we were expecting was the 12 hour thing. Getting about 950m/hr at Orcs (although a lot of that is "cups" silver which doesn't ever materialize). Think it's around 600-650m actual raw silver.
Well this is fucking ridiculous. Got 720m raw silver from this today.

Included my last 2 grind sessions before I took a break as a comparison (which also happened to be two of my best hours). Currently 287k AP.

Have 23 Agris coins saved up that I may finally use.

Untitled.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some ppl on Reddit have noted that this might end up being KR only since this event they're making permanent didn't exist here, so we'll see.

I think they've purposefully made it easier to farm the pots with all sorts of ways but are keeping the other treasures specifically annoying cause they're less integral to gameplay. Same reason they can be sold now and stuff, so doubt they'll be changing map and compass. Best they could do is buff the spots so they're better but that's also not super likely.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Map and compass don't really seem all the useful to me. Like, the amount of time required to farm them will never be made up for.

At least with the potions they're valuable for the convenience with fairies. And in many cases, necessary items for farming.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Map and compass don't really seem all the useful to me. Like, the amount of time required to farm them will never be made up for.

At least with the potions they're valuable for the convenience with fairies. And in many cases, necessary items for farming.
Compass is almost completely useless unless you do lots of ocean content (NOBODY does desert content outside the grind spots, which are easy enough to find/navigate). So, I agree with that.

Map on the other hand is pretty damn useful, especially now that the cooldowns are separate. The ability to warp back to your portal point is massive for places like Sycraia. Or even just to warp to town, sell all your shit, sort your inventory, and then warp back for another grind session the next day or whatever. It's a pretty nice QOL boost. I agree, it's nowhere near the level of usefulness of the pots. But since they've updated the trash loot at Valencia spots, I don't think they're that bad of a grind to do now, especially with seasonal chars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So started playing again, wanted to wait for the timer on returning player but the timing was fucky with the season restart and shit so checked my other account and figured I could get all the rewards still(barely) so started playing. Remade the season char, leveled that bitch up, shit's much faster than last time I played for sure, even accounting for the fact I have a billion xp bonuses, hit 57 first day just doing normal grind stuff and then spent a couple of hours at polly to hit 60. Also helpful that they unfucked skill points at some point I'm guess? I got 1500 somehow(polly was good but not that good iirc) and only needed like 1000 to max all my skills anyway, rest went into weight.

Still have to finish some season gearing stuff, only have a few piece of PEN tuvala atm rest is TET mostly I haven't pushed the last bit needed more mats(now I got a bunch after grinding). Also got free Pegasus, great mount definitely don't regret it, the floating thing is super useful for shortcuts.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So started playing again, wanted to wait for the timer on returning player but the timing was fucky with the season restart and shit so checked my other account and figured I could get all the rewards still(barely) so started playing. Remade the season char, leveled that bitch up, shit's much faster than last time I played for sure, even accounting for the fact I have a billion xp bonuses, hit 57 first day just doing normal grind stuff and then spent a couple of hours at polly to hit 60. Also helpful that they unfucked skill points at some point I'm guess? I got 1500 somehow(polly was good but not that good iirc) and only needed like 1000 to max all my skills anyway, rest went into weight.

Still have to finish some season gearing stuff, only have a few piece of PEN tuvala atm rest is TET mostly I haven't pushed the last bit needed more mats(now I got a bunch after grinding). Also got free Pegasus, great mount definitely don't regret it, the floating thing is super useful for shortcuts.
I think the skill point changes went in sometime around the class reworks back in late 2021. Skill points just don't really matter anymore really. Or at least not enough to where you have to "grind" them at Polly and such like back in the day.

There's a 400% EXP bonus going on right now so that's likely why it helped feeling like leveling was so fast.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'm at 2692 points on my main. They're just collecting now.

I also apparently suck dick at this game. Used an agris coin at Orcs and got a whopping 30k trash. Apparently lots of other classes can do that with just a yellow loot scroll.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Compass is almost completely useless unless you do lots of ocean content (NOBODY does desert content outside the grind spots, which are easy enough to find/navigate). So, I agree with that.

Map on the other hand is pretty damn useful, especially now that the cooldowns are separate. The ability to warp back to your portal point is massive for places like Sycraia. Or even just to warp to town, sell all your shit, sort your inventory, and then warp back for another grind session the next day or whatever. It's a pretty nice QOL boost. I agree, it's nowhere near the level of usefulness of the pots. But since they've updated the trash loot at Valencia spots, I don't think they're that bad of a grind to do now, especially with seasonal chars.
Yeah compass would be great for Margoria coin/special barter runs/sea monsters. I just can’t get motivated after all the horror stories about drop rates in Hysteria. I wish they would at least buff the loot to be on par with centaurs or make a higher rare drop rate like at Kratuga. At least there the drops make the low $$ trash loot not as bad

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
The sea content needs a buff. Is there a way to make silver doing sea monster stuff? I’m trying to make the Nineshark chandelier but I keep realizing how much silver I am not getting via grinding.

That is the one hard part of the game for me. There is so much stuff to do, manor, sea realms, horse gear, crafting….but if you do that it seems to be a long term waste as to the amount of silver/hr is just not there via grinding. And the game seems focused on silver/hr since everything is so expensive

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm at 2692 points on my main. They're just collecting now.

I also apparently suck dick at this game. Used an agris coin at Orcs and got a whopping 30k trash. Apparently lots of other classes can do that with just a yellow loot scroll.
Yeah, I'd be HIGHLY skeptical of Garmoth numbers. I usually just use blue or sometimes yellow as the "baseline". Shit gets really muddy when you add shit like agris, agris coins, etc.

Orcs is actually a really good example, because people CLAIM that they're getting around 35k trash there with agris + blue scroll. Issue is, you can't grind a full hour there on agris and there's no fucking way you're pulling 17k+ more trash loot over blue off of 15-20 mins or so worth of agris points. Depending on the amounts, as long as I'm close to the "average" for my class on blue scroll, I figure I'm good and that should roughly translate if I add in yellow scroll, agris, etc. I don't care about big dicking the numbers but if the "average" for my class is 10k at a spot and I'm pulling 6? I know I'm doing something wrong. If I'm pulling 9? 9.5? Meh, I'm good with it.

For instance, Lower Sycraia is around 6.7k average trash on a blue for Succ Lahn. I typically pull right around 6.5-7k depending on how try hard I'm going, how much I'm paying attention instead of peeking at a YouTube I'm watching, podcast, etc.
Yeah compass would be great for Margoria coin/special barter runs/sea monsters. I just can’t get motivated after all the horror stories about drop rates in Hysteria. I wish they would at least buff the loot to be on par with centaurs or make a higher rare drop rate like at Kratuga. At least there the drops make the low $$ trash loot not as bad
Your wish is PA's command. Aakman and Hystria are both getting huge buffs. Aakman's trash is getting bumped to almost 13.1k and it's at 7.5k now, Hystria is going to 24.3k and it's around 15k right now.

Just looking at rough trash "averages", it bumps both spots by about 200m/hr in raw silver(little less for Aakman - about 171m), which is pretty huge, especially for Hystria. It probably puts Hystria above Lower Sycraia now (especially if you don't craft Frenzy Draughts) and it'll put Aakman right around even with Lower Sycraia. I'll definitely grind for the compass after the changes, since my retarded ass decided to get a Carrack. Aakman was always one of my favorite grind spots in the game but it was pretty outdated even back when I occasionally grinded there in 2021. It's WAY outdated now.

EDIT: Fucked up my math and forgot to calculate in the current value of the trash. Buffs aren't quite as big as I thought. It's about 70m/hour more for both spots. A decent little buff but probably doesn't put either above Lower Sycraia. Hystria gets close though.
The sea content needs a buff. Is there a way to make silver doing sea monster stuff? I’m trying to make the Nineshark chandelier but I keep realizing how much silver I am not getting via grinding.

That is the one hard part of the game for me. There is so much stuff to do, manor, sea realms, horse gear, crafting….but if you do that it seems to be a long term waste as to the amount of silver/hr is just not there via grinding. And the game seems focused on silver/hr since everything is so expensive
Sea content definitely needs a buff but it has been "dead" content for a long time and they're super slow to change anything with it. Like anything in BDO, it's all about incremental progress - don't worry that much about wasting time, just worry about slowly "progressing" whatever the content is. But if silver/hr is your goal, definitely steer clear of sea content.

Plus, you don't necessarily try new shit in BDO because it's MAX SILVER!! You switch it up to keep shit interesting/fresh. Whether that be a new life skill, a new grind spot, sea content, etc. Sometimes you realize after a while it sucks compared to what you were used to, then go back to your old grind spot or whatever, repeat.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'd be HIGHLY skeptical of Garmoth numbers. I usually just use blue or sometimes yellow as the "baseline". Shit gets really muddy when you add shit like agris, agris coins, etc.

Orcs is actually a really good example, because people CLAIM that they're getting around 35k trash there with agris + blue scroll.

Garmoth numbers are so weird. I put in my second hour of Orcs, never saw a boss and pulled 11.6k trash with a blue loot scroll and 73k agris. I'm guessing the massive variance is from different AP/buff levels competing in the slot. At 285 I feel like I'm killing them pretty fast -- but at 300+ with a frenzy? I might just be standing still compared to some people.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I didn't realize that the change to infinite pots in family inventory meant they could actually be used from the inventory. No wonder people were excited about. So basically just one set and you're good forever. Plus it cuts down on my weight!

I decided to try Arena of Solare last night to get my free crons and the +100 valks. Apparently you have to go through 10 placement matches and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how those are paired up. Took me 9 to get the three wins I needed. BDO PvP still sucks terribly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Orcs is actually a really good example, because people CLAIM that they're getting around 35k trash there with agris + blue scroll. Issue is, you can't grind a full hour there on agris and there's no fucking way you're pulling 17k+ more trash loot over blue off of 15-20 mins or so worth of agris points. Depending on the amounts, as long as I'm close to the "average" for my class on blue scroll, I figure I'm good and that should roughly translate if I add in yellow scroll, agris, etc. I don't care about big dicking the numbers but if the "average" for my class is 10k at a spot and I'm pulling 6? I know I'm doing something wrong. If I'm pulling 9? 9.5? Meh, I'm good with it.

For instance, Lower Sycraia is around 6.7k average trash on a blue for Succ Lahn. I typically pull right around 6.5-7k depending on how try hard I'm going, how much I'm paying attention instead of peeking at a YouTube I'm watching, podcast, etc.

Your wish is PA's command. Aakman and Hystria are both getting huge buffs. Aakman's trash is getting bumped to almost 13.1k and it's at 7.5k now, Hystria is going to 24.3k and it's around 15k right now.

Just looking at rough trash "averages", it bumps both spots by about 200m/hr in raw silver(little less for Aakman - about 171m), which is pretty huge, especially for Hystria. It probably puts Hystria above Lower Sycraia now (especially if you don't craft Frenzy Draughts) and it'll put Aakman right around even with Lower Sycraia. I'll definitely grind for the compass after the changes, since my retarded ass decided to get a Carrack. Aakman was always one of my favorite grind spots in the game but it was pretty outdated even back when I occasionally grinded there in 2021. It's WAY outdated now.

EDIT: Fucked up my math and forgot to calculate in the current value of the trash. Buffs aren't quite as big as I thought. It's about 70m/hour more for both spots. A decent little buff but probably doesn't put either above Lower Sycraia. Hystria gets close though.

Sea content definitely needs a buff but it has been "dead" content for a long time and they're super slow to change anything with it. Like anything in BDO, it's all about incremental progress - don't worry that much about wasting time, just worry about slowly "progressing" whatever the content is. But if silver/hr is your goal, definitely steer clear of sea content.

Plus, you don't necessarily try new shit in BDO because it's MAX SILVER!! You switch it up to keep shit interesting/fresh. Whether that be a new life skill, a new grind spot, sea content, etc. Sometimes you realize after a while it sucks compared to what you were used to, then go back to your old grind spot or whatever, repeat.
The numbers for Orcs is from people on Reddit. There was a thread earlier this week where people were giving their numbers and they were WAY more than I've ever gotten.

Speaking of numbers and Garmoth though, is everyone fucking subbed to that thing? All kinds of people throw around numbers for their classes they pulled from Garmoth, but I can't access that. Am I just missing something?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The numbers for Orcs is from people on Reddit. There was a thread earlier this week where people were giving their numbers and they were WAY more than I've ever gotten.

Speaking of numbers and Garmoth though, is everyone fucking subbed to that thing? All kinds of people throw around numbers for their classes they pulled from Garmoth, but I can't access that. Am I just missing something?

Yeah, that's people subbed, I just look at the overall.

Last edited: