Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Garmoth also counts a lot of random shit that you might not be selling if you input them though. Still I guess it's nice especially when you're new as it shows you the "hidden" value of some stuff. Did an hour at blood wolves and if I count only the direct silver from vendoring trash it's only like 140m or something, but if you add up the rest of the shit it goes up to 450m(got a Kagatunak, some pot pity pieces which are now assigned values since you can sell them even though I wouldn't, and the usual caphras and what not sell value).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The numbers for Orcs is from people on Reddit. There was a thread earlier this week where people were giving their numbers and they were WAY more than I've ever gotten.

Speaking of numbers and Garmoth though, is everyone fucking subbed to that thing? All kinds of people throw around numbers for their classes they pulled from Garmoth, but I can't access that. Am I just missing something?
I'm subbed, and when I started looking at other Awak Wtch numbers at Giants, I made sure to limit the search to after the trash loot patch and with the same item drop buffs I typically use. That average seems to be 24k/hr, compared to my avg of 22k. I think people with mult--brackets higher AP using min/max Human Dmg are pushing that number up. I'm in an odd spot for Giants as Garmoth says my total AP is 856, which is right at the AP cap there, so if I'm understanding the AP cap thing, if I were to use Human Dmg stuff, I'd actually lose dmg... maybe. So I don't worry about that just yet, once I hit 305, I think I'll need to start trying to change up my crystals / buffs / lightstones since I'd get the full amount of Human Dmg.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The numbers for Orcs is from people on Reddit.
Even worse.

Yeah, I'm subbed to Garmoth. It's like 4 euros/month. Worth it for me. I'll usually drop the sub until a new grind spot comes out but I picked up a sub recently because of the new Mediah spots.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ended up rolling extra breath, continuous care for fairy after the auto-potion & WR, then got rank 1 rez as last skill, so enough usefulness without much invested. I'll reroll the rez one when I have 5 tokens, not worried enough yet to change it, I don't die yet lol

Have 2 T3 Polar Bears, a T4 Hawk, T4 Arctic Fox, and T3 Hedgehog, so I suppose that's good enough for now too for general set of pets. Eventually get around to the quest that gives you the T5 upgrade.

40$ for that conq pack was a good newbie boost, I wouldn't have ever bought it at full price. I don't care about skins, and they don't seem to sell for a lot, considering the amounts yall talking about grinding in an hour, so they sit in my storage heh.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mostly keep costumes in pearl inventory and pass them them around as I make 2 characters for seasons. Though not sure what I will do now, depends what happens so how seasons function now. 840m for one might seem like a lot, but it really isn't.

I don't think I have bought a costume for $ since the game launch and got them for first character. At the times I didn't have spares sitting around(they give them away so much recently), I could just put up a PO and it would get filled eventually.

One thing I do wish was more filled is the 30 day VP. In the years I have had a PO up for it, it has never filled.

I am almost out of free ones.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A costume "buff" (in terms of what they "max price" at) should be coming soon(ish). It has been a while since the last one. That said, if you have costumes you never plan to use, I'd just extract them for the Cron stones rather than selling them on the market. You might also want to wait on that too though, depending on what they do with the "buff", since it might coincide with a cron price increase.
Though not sure what I will do now, depends what happens so how seasons function now.
Basically the way it's going to work now is you're going to be given a "season" coupon sometime in mid-September, whether you've already graduated this season or not. Once you have that coupon, you can use it AT ANY TIME. Save it for a period when you have more time to play, use it immediately, it's up to you. That essentially enables you to roll a season character and then you can graduate/not graduate that character whenever you want. Save up 50 coupons, use them all asap...like Olmec says, "The choice is yours and yours alone".

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A costume "buff" (in terms of what they "max price" at) should be coming soon(ish). It has been a while since the last one. That said, if you have costumes you never plan to use, I'd just extract them for the Cron stones rather than selling them on the market. You might also want to wait on that too though, depending on what they do with the "buff", since it might coincide with a cron price increase.

Basically the way it's going to work now is you're going to be given a "season" coupon sometime in mid-September, whether you've already graduated this season or not. Once you have that coupon, you can use it AT ANY TIME. Save it for a period when you have more time to play, use it immediately, it's up to you. That essentially enables you to roll a season character and then you can graduate/not graduate that character whenever you want. Save up 50 coupons, use them all asap...like Olmec says, "The choice is yours and yours alone".

Hmm so you can basically sit in season server forever? Also what about grad rewards, season pass , season events that give things away. If it's just season anytime you choose, will all that just fall to the wayside?

Granted all there is now for season rewards is a 100 stack. Wish they would add more to it. The pen capotia stuff was nice, but doesn't take long to get them all and the star stone.

I'm pretty swamped with games atm anyway.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hmm so you can basically sit in season server forever? Also what about grad rewards, season pass , season events that give things away. If it's just season anytime you choose, will all that just fall to the wayside?

Granted all there is now for season rewards is a 100 stack. Wish they would add more to it. The pen capotia stuff was nice, but doesn't take long to get them all and the star stone.
I think the grad rewards will still exist, once you actually graduate. The season pass/events I'm not too sure on. Those might just go away or maybe they'll just be "always-on" and rotate every 6 months or so. Not a lot of details on those yet. I imagine they'll really lay out a ton of stuff at the Calpheon Ball in the winter regarding specifics.

And yeah, you can basically sit in season forever. I'll probably park one character there just to farm time-filled for loot scrolls here and there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been mixing quests and a bit of grinding here and there so far, lots of quests to catch up so working at it. Kinda like the Magnus questline, the eerie situations and music reminds me a bunch of FFXIV Wings' Promyvion stuff. Also love that it partially unlocks, usually for this sort of feature you'd need to finish the whole thing at once but I stopped halfway and already unlocked a lot of the zones(the older ones where I had stuff in storage) so it's cool.

Went to Kratuga to farm, got slapped pretty fucking hard. I'm not even full pen tuvala(well missing 2 accs), thought it'd be easier. Died a couple of times to figure out that I really can't facetank this shit, after that managed to not die the rest of the hour in there, but had to V twice and almost died when the boss thingie spawned(free Layton though). At least I got to learn my rotation a bit more, since other spots so far were one tap. Fucking hate they have a single "space" key and it's one of the most important spell though, there's so many free keybindings they could have used instead but nope, back+space it is.

Have to rebuy random gear on my world boss alts cause they all used to be wearing event gear and apparently I threw away all my naru stones too on them, just dropping random garbage green/blue cheap-ish stuff, like 50m full set and hope that's enough for credit, although so far I haven't bothered besides Garmoth(rework is still just as shit as it used to be lol).

Also can't seem to get this event race betting done at all. I'm like 0/8. Bet on rabbit 7 times, then bet on turtle and obviously rabbit comes in first that one time. I already bought all the stuff with the coins anyway so it's whatever, just weird shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure there's any reason to do it after you've gotten the stuff to buy. Those rng chests are shit.
There was a weekly for a 10hour mount xp scroll so I figured I'd do it, eventually got it on the 9th after I bitched so now done. Kinda like that I got every reward from the event in a single week(technically almost in a single day) so didn't miss anything even starting this late into it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I think I was probably too harsh on bartering. I think it could actually be worthwhile to make some super-afk income. Although the caveat to that, like pretty much any lifeskill, is it'd require a lot of legwork up front like having a carrack and a ton of goods saved up.

But I calculated how much all my crap I have would be if I did 1:3 conversions, and sold everything as a base T5 (not Margoria). It's like 183 billion silver. Now, obviously you're limited by how much parley you have so I have no idea how long it'd take to do that (years?). But it's definitely good for a few hundred million a day while I do other shit.

Untitled.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Man Kirun that Hysteria info makes my day! It is such a great zone
Been mixing quests and a bit of grinding here and there so far, lots of quests to catch up so working at it. Kinda like the Magnus questline, the eerie situations and music reminds me a bunch of FFXIV Wings' Promyvion stuff. Also love that it partially unlocks, usually for this sort of feature you'd need to finish the whole thing at once but I stopped halfway and already unlocked a lot of the zones(the older ones where I had stuff in storage) so it's cool.

Went to Kratuga to farm, got slapped pretty fucking hard. I'm not even full pen tuvala(well missing 2 accs), thought it'd be easier. Died a couple of times to figure out that I really can't facetank this shit, after that managed to not die the rest of the hour in there, but had to V twice and almost died when the boss thingie spawned(free Layton though). At least I got to learn my rotation a bit more, since other spots so far were one tap. Fucking hate they have a single "space" key and it's one of the most important spell though, there's so many free keybindings they could have used instead but nope, back+space it is.

Have to rebuy random gear on my world boss alts cause they all used to be wearing event gear and apparently I threw away all my naru stones too on them, just dropping random garbage green/blue cheap-ish stuff, like 50m full set and hope that's enough for credit, although so far I haven't bothered besides Garmoth(rework is still just as shit as it used to be lol).

Also can't seem to get this event race betting done at all. I'm like 0/8. Bet on rabbit 7 times, then bet on turtle and obviously rabbit comes in first that one time. I already bought all the stuff with the coins anyway so it's whatever, just weird shit.
yeah Kratuga needs some good DP to just toe to toe tank the mobs. That little gopher thing that pops out of the ground always hits hard. I’ve got an alt (Nova) with 307 DP there and she still gets hit hard if I just stand still. Make sure you use a Frenzy draught. I’ve always loved that place as the trash is ok, but I seem to get tons of Layteens, books, and other junk that make it worthwhile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man Kirun that Hysteria info makes my day! It is such a great zone

yeah Kratuga needs some good DP to just toe to toe tank the mobs. That little gopher thing that pops out of the ground always hits hard. I’ve got an alt (Nova) with 307 DP there and she still gets hit hard if I just stand still. Make sure you use a Frenzy draught. I’ve always loved that place as the trash is ok, but I seem to get tons of Layteens, books, and other junk that make it worthwhile
Yeah I quickly noticed that I need to a) not get hit by the big guys or at least have super armor otherwise I get knocked down and I'm basically dead and b) make sure I don't stand still too much to avoid the little guys burrows, and kill them cause they often don't die as fast due to dodging stuff. Overall it wasn't that bad just has been a while since I was in a challenging area so I just had to play a bit better, and yeah I should probably use more buffs, I just throw a simple cron and go.

I've been bouncing around spots anyway to not get bored and also to do whatever I'm doing. Cleared the first part of Odytta today, never did it back when I last played I stopped at Kama was burned out from all the questing back then plus gear was shittier so the recommended AP stuff felt scary, not so much anymore. After that I ended up close enough to 61 so I did a few sidequests in Kama, turned in Fughar's neck for 15% free xp into 61 and now started the Elvia questline, need to get that cleared out tomorrow to start the weekly. Once that's done I'll finish Odytta and start the mountains shit and then Land of Korea.

Slowly re-activating all my passive shit, first day I just quickly threw back together workers on the nodes that are unlocked but haven't really looked into getitng better ones(both nodes and workers), 2nd day I remembered I could do imperial cooking, turns out they added a way to make 10boxes at a time too, it's pocket change(like 30m a day with my contribution and profession lvl) but it takes like 2minutes so eh. Today I reinstalled my farm for some reason it got dismantled and I was being lazy about it(also the fences were in Valencia so before magnus quest I wasn't getting those back), have to get seeds back though. Also trying to put random pieces of garbage gear on my world boss alts cause they're all naked since the event gear disappeared and I didn't keep Naru shit. I could like farm more Naru by doing Mediah quests but fuck that noise, so they get random greens and blue shit from the AH.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ended up rolling extra breath, continuous care for fairy after the auto-potion & WR, then got rank 1 rez as last skill, so enough usefulness without much invested. I'll reroll the rez one when I have 5 tokens, not worried enough yet to change it, I don't die yet lol

Have 2 T3 Polar Bears, a T4 Hawk, T4 Arctic Fox, and T3 Hedgehog, so I suppose that's good enough for now too for general set of pets. Eventually get around to the quest that gives you the T5 upgrade.

40$ for that conq pack was a good newbie boost, I wouldn't have ever bought it at full price. I don't care about skins, and they don't seem to sell for a lot, considering the amounts yall talking about grinding in an hour, so they sit in my storage heh.
Assuming you've got enough spawns, and you can basically one shot them all, grinding essentially comes down to a minigame of "keep pets at 100% work at all time." If you've got stuff on the ground, you're actually maximizing your grind (although then I guess you could argue you should go somewhere that makes more money). It seems counterintuitive, but the game is kind of odd like that.

It's also why this Marni change to Elvia is so crazy. Like with orcs, when I've got a weapon up, I don't even give a shit about clearing a camp. I just move from camp to camp as fast as possible. If I miss a guy at 5% hp, who cares? Move on to the next pack. The respawn is so quick I could never overclear it, so it's all about maximizing the amount of shit I kill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
What main class are people here playing for grinding?

I am currently doing a Season character and I know I can duplicate that experience onto another char when I get done with it, however how hard is it to change class? I know the Blackstar weapons are very costly so I imagine once you buy/craft a Blackstar weapon to PEN, you are making a commitment to that class being your main. Where is the point of no return short term? I am aware around not using and pearl items that only work on a single character until I am sure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What main class are people here playing for grinding?

I am currently doing a Season character and I know I can duplicate that experience onto another char when I get done with it, however how hard is it to change class? I know the Blackstar weapons are very costly so I imagine once you buy/craft a Blackstar weapon to PEN, you are making a commitment to that class being your main. Where is the point of no return short term? I am aware around not using and pearl items that only work on a single character until I am sure.
For the easy spots, Succ Zerk and Awakening Valk are the best due to stupid movement and fast one tap skills. Especially great on spots that usually suck due to movement like centaurs which these 2 make look like an endgame spot in terms of trash loot. Zerk scales better though, Valk kinda is only good for those one tap spots it looks like.

For the higher tiers, Woosa seems to be the best atm.

As for swapping, it is expensive. That said there's a system in the game called Character Tag which lets you copy all your gear to another char. It is costly for a new player(although there's an event running atm so it's virtually free) but you can switch it to another class and stuff. The main issue is when there's gearing differences between the classes(like if you have a pen blackstar main weap and tet bs awake, and you tag an awake char, obviously they'll be weaker, and also dr/evasion split on armor). Oh and Shai gets absolutely fucked by that system cause their instrument doesn't count as an awake weap.

Gearing 2 actual chars is stupid expensive, and doing a full switch is annoying cause you lose the silver on the AH taxes from selling your weaps to buy the new ones(and you need to potentially preorder the new ones for a while if you're getting big ones like pen blackstar). That said it's doable at any point if you can live with the lost silver. Obviously the loss is less impactful when you do the switch early.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are weapon swap coupons you get from time to time that allow you to change a main/off/awakening weapon into another class. I'm sitting on 3 of each at the moment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user