Black Desert

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The XP tag thing is pretty awesome. Tagged a 56 and took my zerker to Biragi for an hour. When from 56.01 to 59.75 without using any XP mods other than the server mod and a Cron Meal.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am still in the summer season. Once I hit 62, is there a reason to stay in the season? I am still doing the daily grind for Jetina daily accessory. I have been grinding inf pot locations. Outside of getting more exp from being on a season server to go above 62, is there another reason? It seems like graduating and being able to put on three Capotia accessories and then quickly go after a blackstar TET would only speed up the Inf pot grind.

Also I got another Crescent Guardian Ring (PRI) from some box that gave over night. Should I sell it? I doubt I can level it up like I can my other Crescent ring using Jetina?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only reason to stay on season is to not have to deal with PVP, and the exp buff. I personally don't care to stay on the season servers at all, but some people love it for grinding out centaurs or whatever. Although with Marni changes that seems even less worthwhile.

Also, regarding tags, there's another 1 fuel tag event going on. Not sure why they even bothered to pause it a week. I'll try to tag my level 18 or whatever char that I figured would be timepieced, before they announced they were getting rid of it. Probably do BM so it should be some massive exp.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I am still in the summer season. Once I hit 62, is there a reason to stay in the season? I am still doing the daily grind for Jetina daily accessory. I have been grinding inf pot locations. Outside of getting more exp from being on a season server to go above 62, is there another reason?

Easy Item Collection scrolls with the Time-filled would be the only real advantage.

It seems like graduating and being able to put on three Capotia accessories and then quickly go after a blackstar TET would only speed up the Inf pot grind.

1695222507191.png

This set up has 534 monster AP, the highest level AP capped target for Infinite potions is Sherekhan (Night) at 480. Any further AP, sheet, hidden or monster is pretty much worthless for this. So unless I missed something, there's not really any point to getting better gear if potion grinding is all you are doing.

A TET Blackstar, 3 PEN Capotia accessories and the Jetina PEN crescent will put you at 276ap/317dp and 664 monster AP (assuming you've done almost all of the AP/DP journals). I'm still missing a +1DP journal.

Getting the Jetina Urugon's and getting to at least R2, plus doing the Magnus questline for the free PEN Griffin Helm C4 (or whatever you want, take whatever costs the most) will see you hit 330dp. 276ap/330dp puts you into range for Hystria and Biraghi Den.

Also I got another Crescent Guardian Ring (PRI) from some box that gave over night. Should I sell it? I doubt I can level it up like I can my other Crescent ring using Jetina?

Sell it, sell ALL the things. Enhancing is the surest way to go broke. Now, assuming you read my post before about my stupidly lucky gains over the past 2 weeks... I had back ups for everything, which is why the Capotia items are so damned good. NEVER enhance something you cannot afford to throw straight in the trash can -- because that's where it's going to end up almost every. single. time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PEN Capotia also last you a very long time. Upgrading the ring, neck, and belt to other PEN accessories is generally one of the last big upgrades at end game (usually earrings will get replaced first, and much earlier since distos are good at TET and cheap compared to 60-100b for PEN accessories).

Drat

Easy Item Collection scrolls with the Time-filled would be the only real advantage.
Although you can still convert time-filled for item collection scrolls, they nerfed one of the major sources I was doing it with. I was converting Coelacanth fish (afk fishing) for time-filled in mass for more scrolls. Today's patch doesn't allow you to turn them in for time-filled anymore.

Drat

This set up has 534 monster AP, the highest level AP capped target for Infinite potions is Sherekhan (Night) at 480. Any further AP, sheet, hidden or monster is pretty much worthless for this. So unless I missed something, there's not really any point to getting better gear if potion grinding is all you are doing.
I see. I wasn't considering the AP caps.
I wonder if its more efficient to grind in areas that don't drop the potion for more silver and then buy it from the market.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Although you can still convert time-filled for item collection scrolls, they nerfed one of the major sources I was doing it with. I was converting Coelacanth fish (afk fishing) for time-filled in mass for more scrolls. Today's patch doesn't allow you to turn them in for time-filled anymore.

Even more reason to have a seasonal character then... doesn't mean you can't graduate your main and roll another seasonal. Then you can grind Inf pots with your seasonal and do some higher level stuff when the fancy takes you.

I'll probably smash out both seasonal tickets soon to have some decent gear on my boss alts.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That actually means you'd have even MORE reason to stay seasonal. Once you've built up a decent stockpile of loot scrolls and have full PEN armor/accessories, I always just graduate at that point.

Drat

That actually means you'd have even MORE reason to stay seasonal. Once you've built up a decent stockpile of loot scrolls and have full PEN armor/accessories, I always just graduate at that point.
Maybe I explaining poorly. You can no longer convert the fish to time-filled IN season (or out) any more. I am missing the reason why I would have MORE of a reason to stay seasonal.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I explaining poorly. You can no longer convert the fish to time-filled IN season (or out) any more. I am missing the reason why I would have MORE of a reason to stay seasonal.
Because if you can't convert the coalcinth to time-filled outside season anymore, it's a major source of time-filled stones for loot scrolls that is now lost. Meaning, seasonal servers are now one of the only ways to get time-filled stones for loot scrolls (via mob grinding, seasonal quests, etc.).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

You're aware that non-seasonal characters could fish those fish, convert them to time-filled and then convert those to Loot Scrolls, right? I posted about this awhile ago. With this nerf the only real way to get a bunch of scrolls is to roll a seasonal character and grind on it.

Drat

I see what you are both are saying. I have never had a non-seasonal char. (Yes I need to make an alt or two).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that fucking sucks.

Tagged my lvl 18 char. Ran an hour at BM with 2215%. Ended up at lvl 49 and I'm like...what? Yeah, that stupid fucking lvl 50 quest which I still don't understand why it's still in the game. Wasted whatever exp I might've gotten.

Molten Core Raider
Well, it only took 2ish years, a dozen Jhammers, and tens of thousands of cron stones, but my Blackstar Awakening wep finally hit PEN today. Now I get to decide whether I switch the Lahn to awakening or flip back over to the Nova as my main.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So graduated my Maegu(timepieced a Sage on impulse in case I needed a door valet), started new season char, made a Lahn, I can definitely see the truth in the previous few posts about how even lower APM than Maegu it is. Had to check a guide on what to spec cause it seemed weird to combo and apparently the thing is to lock like half the skills cause they're trash/mess with standard combos, and then just rotate 3 skills+movement. Moves quickly, clears nicely, pretty fun. Very weird not getting a side dash until 56 though, like that first fight against Red Nose at lvl 6 or whatever was so weird having to do the equivalent of Dark Souls fat rolls.

Got to 59 without pushing too hard, clearing out the map and ecology sections of areas in valencia/mediah, got Desert Fogans, Bashim and Waragon Nest done(well don't have knowledge on the big worm but fuck that place wastes too much time). Lahn was definitely nice for Bashim with how spread out these fucks are. I'm also getting my old ass upgradeable belt quest by collecting marni stones in these place even though I'll never use the belt but can clear it out of my account this way. Also love the Dine in the desert not being a slow ass pos.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that fucking sucks.

Tagged my lvl 18 char. Ran an hour at BM with 2215%. Ended up at lvl 49 and I'm like...what? Yeah, that stupid fucking lvl 50 quest which I still don't understand why it's still in the game. Wasted whatever exp I might've gotten.
I guess I was wrong. So you do the quest, and then hit the gather exp button or whatever...over and over. There are a bunch of break points, 50, 55 I think, 56, 60, 61, and then the remaining exp.

So anyway, I ended up at 61 and some change in that hour (5.6%), from level 18.

Not bad.

Last edited:

Drat

I guess I was wrong. So you do the quest, and then hit the gather exp button or whatever...over and over. There are a bunch of break points, 50, 55 I think, 56, 60, 61, and then the remaining exp.

So anyway, I ended up at 61 and some change in that hour (5.6%), from level 18.

Not bad.
That is great. Sounds like easy leveling of alts then. Maybe I should consider some boss alts. I guess something that has nearly no gear and just dies to the boss?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Beats the crap out of timepiece (minus skill exp). I was pretty sad to see timepiece go, but this is pretty awesome. Plus I can use it on chars I've neglected for years.

Drat

For fishing I’ve noticed for silver and imperial turn ins, Elton is one of the best spots. The imperial turn in is right next to the bridge as is the blacksmith. Quick turn around and good percentage of good gold/blue turn ins
I am checking out this spot. Not too bad so far. It isn't in the fishing event, and since it doesn't have unlimited time-filled turn-ins anyway, it seems like its good not to be in the event. Maybe there is another aspect I am missing about not being in the fishing event? Anyway, I still get moon pieces so its good.