Black Desert

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. Overnight training depends heavily on your connection. BDO horse training is very sensitive to minor connection issues that most other games don't notice.

I use to overnight all the time with few issues in my old place. Moved to a new place that's only a few miles from the old one and now overnight rarely works. Same cable provider and high speed service. Had them come out and test the lines. Even bought an upgraded modem and still have overnight issues. Daytime is fine usually.

All I can surmise is that the old subdivision my new house is in just doesn't have as robust a cable network. Or perhaps my neighbor is downloading too much PRON at 3am. Whatever, somewhere along the way occasional interupts happen and that stops the horse dead in it's tracks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm on AT&T fiber, so I'm not sure that's it. It's significantly more reliable than my options in the Mojave Desert, where it seemed to mostly work.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah shit... start buying Crystal Despairs:

KR Gets:
  • Ulukita Pt 2 Release
    • Alch Stone from Ulukita Questline
      • 7 AP / 9 Accuracy / 4% Ignore Resist + Attack / Cast Speed
      • Can be upgraded with Blessed /Exalted

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
From what I've read, it's not sheet AP. So basically like a Khan's heart.

Vell's should still be the go-to unless you're a maniac getting one of the super rare stones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, was just coming back to mention its not sheet AP, but clicky. Though, having it be upgraded should give it the DP, which gives you some AP at least for a DP alch like Peria.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a 50% coupon, which expires in a couple of days. I already have the Tent and sorted out my fairy. Maybe a pet for super cheap? Maybe a tailoring coupon to make the swift crystal? Maybe nothing? Anything I should be considering?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First, I would look for something would benefit your Account vs. Character.

Is there a good bundle?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have a 50% coupon, which expires in a couple of days. I already have the Tent and sorted out my fairy. Maybe a pet for super cheap? Maybe a tailoring coupon to make the swift crystal? Maybe nothing? Anything I should be considering?
If you don't already have the Celestial Calling Horn and plan on doing seasons, the season pass is a really solid value. If you already have a horn and don't need a 2nd for another character, it loses a good chunk of its value though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can you use the 50% on the pass? If so, yeah, that'd be a decent one. Calling horn is pretty awesome.

Weight is a decent option if you need it, although not really necessary.

Drat

Not a bad idea on the season pass. I am currently on Summer season, and they give the flute not the horn. I assume the pass is like anything else and I can bank it and use it later?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not a bad idea on the season pass. I am currently on Summer season, and they give the flute not the horn. I assume the pass is like anything else and I can bank it and use it later?
Horn is part of the "new" season pass. You can hold onto season pass, yeah.

The Black Spirit's Beginning Pack is really solid value also. But it's on discount and I'm not sure if you can double up with a discount coupon as well. If you can, it's pretty amazing value. Comes with season pass, a 20% coupon, 2 storage maids (way more valuable than weight IMO), 2 premium outfits, and a 7-day kama or old moon box.

Drat

So I have been grinding a bunch of trees. I get ~ 3 atanis an hour. Pulling on a average run 400+Million (prolly low since I don't really calc all the drops). Exp is good too for the 61-62 grind. I will most likely keep doing it, but I really don't like the flow of killing a wave and waiting for the other to popup. It isn't a long time, but mentally, I just don't dig it. The issue is it really checks all the boxes for me: pity pieces, exp, decent silver for in-season char. Anything else I should be considering?

Another question I have is when do weekly quests reset? I thought It was Thursdays at 0:00 UTC but I did the "week 1" of the fish tank quest on Wednesday and I went there last night and I didn't have the next quest waiting for me. I also don't know what time Jetina resets for daily. I also though it was 0:00 UTC, but If i did the quest in the morning that day, I don't have one after what I would assume would have been the reset. I cloud also just be screwing this up some how.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weekly resets are kinda wonky, some are Monday, some are Wednesday, some are Thursday. Then some are just seven days after you finish.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think something weird happened a month or two ago with the weekly resets, and now they're on Wednesday (overnight Tuesday/Wednesday if you're US). It used to be that I could knock it out Wednesday evening and they'd be up for Thursday, but that seems to have changed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I have been grinding a bunch of trees. I get ~ 3 atanis an hour. Pulling on a average run 400+Million (prolly low since I don't really calc all the drops). Exp is good too for the 61-62 grind. I will most likely keep doing it, but I really don't like the flow of killing a wave and waiting for the other to popup. It isn't a long time, but mentally, I just don't dig it. The issue is it really checks all the boxes for me: pity pieces, exp, decent silver for in-season char. Anything else I should be considering?
By "waiting" do you mean between when the tree spits out mobs after you hit it? Or do you mean after you've killed the stump? If it's the latter, you shouldn't be waiting like that. You should be moving stump to stump.

As far as a pity piece spot that has solid EXP, silver, as well as pity drops? Bloodwolves and Manshaums have decent silver, but pretty shitty EXP. Traitor's Graveyard has good EXP and pretty insane pity drops with the +100% drop rate event going on, but the silver is absolute dogshit - even worse than Tshira. Desert Nagas and Fogans both have the same issue as Traitor's Graveyard where the EXP is really good, but the silver isn't. They have better silver than Traitor's, but slightly worse pity rates IMO because of the way Traitor's functions.

So yeah..if you want all 3, Mirumok is about the only spot that offers pity pieces, solid EXP, and solid silver.
Another question I have is when do weekly quests reset? I thought It was Thursdays at 0:00 UTC but I did the "week 1" of the fish tank quest on Wednesday and I went there last night and I didn't have the next quest waiting for me. I also don't know what time Jetina resets for daily. I also though it was 0:00 UTC, but If i did the quest in the morning that day, I don't have one after what I would assume would have been the reset. I cloud also just be screwing this up some how.
Most weeklies reset at 5PM PDT on Wednesdays, which is the same day of maintenance. But like others have mentioned, some weeklies are a little weird. Jetina is a good example of that. Her weeklies are based on when you completed the weekly. So, if you did it at 5am on Friday morning, it'd reset the next Friday morning at 5am.

Now, maybe the fish tank quest works the same way? There may also be a prerequisite quest between each weekly as well. I vaguely remember something being a little weird with prereqs when I did it, but I did it during the big underwater event it was introduced in. So, I'm not sure exactly how it functions now.

Drat

By "waiting" do you mean between when the tree spits out mobs after you hit it? Or do you mean after you've killed the stump? If it's the latter, you shouldn't be waiting like that. You should be moving stump to stump.
Before the stump dies. Kill the first pack, last one dies and then you get a new pack. When fighting in other areas where you aren't waiting for the "next wave" if I have a single mob that didn't die, I will often move to the next pack. Maybe I am just bored of spin to win the more I think about it. heh.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As tempting as farming a potion in alternative locations is with Atanis, it seems like it'd save you infinitely more time by grinding out the actual spots. Getting lucky and getting the full piece would potentially save you a dozen or more hours.

I've only gotten one full piece, at Sherekhan, but it was at something like 27 pities. When you're only getting maybe 4 an hour, that's a crazy time savings.

Theoretically, I think the actual best thing to do would be grind the best silver spot and completely forego the potion, and then buy it later. You'll probably come out way ahead.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Theoretically, I think the actual best thing to do would be grind the best silver spot and completely forego the potion, and then buy it later. You'll probably come out way ahead.
Yeah, if I had to do them all over again I'd probably just buy them, especially the HP pot. MP becomes a slightly different proposition if you're still at early-mid game level grinding though, since about the best silver/hour you can hope for is 500-600m/hour or so, meaning the MP pot is still going to take you 40ish hours of silver grinding. If you can do Dehkia Thornwood, Underground Gyfin, Hexe, or have really high AP to shred Orcs to where you can pull 1b+/hr, now you're talking only 15-20hrs and at that point it's probably far easier to just buy it.

The thing with doing pities (especially if you're only in the 250-280ish AP range) is that you're essentially getting 17-20b in "value" out of the pot when it's done, PLUS any money you make while doing said grind.

I ended up having to grind out the MP pot (never really needed it back in the day on my Awak Guardian) and it's a massive QOL upgrade for MP consuming classes. My Awakened Witch doesn't give a fuck, but for my Lahn, Succ Maegu, etc.? It's a huge improvement never needing to incorporate MP building skills in combos.

I also agree that it's usually a better "time investment" to grind the actual pity spot since a lucky drop can save you tons of time/earn you a huge silver "asset" - except when it came to Navarn Steppe. I ONLY did the weeklies there, because I can't fucking stand lifeskills in this game. ESPECIALLY tanning/butchering. I don't mind logging/sapping/mining/hoeing as much (although hoeings gathering mini-game is godawful) since you're mobile, but tanning and butchering makes me want to blow my brains out. So, the rest of my Navarn pities I did at the Atanis spots.
Before the stump dies. Kill the first pack, last one dies and then you get a new pack. When fighting in other areas where you aren't waiting for the "next wave" if I have a single mob that didn't die, I will often move to the next pack.
Yeah, that's the exact reason I hate trees too. Waiting on mobs to spawn if your killspeed is fast enough feels like shit. I don't mind as much at a place like Underground Gyfin where there are slight pauses between packs due to the way the spot functions, because you're earning good money. But when you're only earning 400m or so an hour? Feels awful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For MP pot, Tshira also feels like shit cause of the really low silver so overall I've been farming Atanis pities in other spots, polly especially for the xp(tagged 2 world boss alts together to get them to 60, used my Shai and tagged other world boss alts to get them both xp and my Shai some skill points since she was old school and had like 600points at lvl 60) but did a bit of every spot to see how they worked, they're all fairly similar in pity pieces. Sure in theory the main spot can drop a full piece but yeah Tshira feels like meh, Navarn was terrible money but at least it was fast(for me).

And yeah MP pot varies a lot by classes. My Lahn didn't give a fuck. My Maegu could use it so I don't have to use mp skills as often but otherwise is pretty ok. My succ corsair is guzzling mp constantly, she has some ok mp regen skills but if I didn't have to use them constantly it'd be a lot less annoying.

For Mirumok, you want to jump between 2 camps. Kill initial mobs+finish current wave, then jump to nearest crystal, kill initial mob+finish current wave, then go back to first crystal, it should have 2 waves stacked+3rd spawning as you're clearing, kill that, then go back to 2nd spot, same deal, and then should be one or two more waves depending on clear speed. You can basically clear 2 spots in the time it takes to clear one if you just wait(well maybe not exactly but close enough). Then you move on to the next 2 spots and just back and forth like that, when I did it on my season maegu the respawn rate was about the time it took me to clear so was constantly fighting, which felt a lot better than the wait for waves approach. If you're geared better though you might run into an issue with not having a 5th+6th spot to jump to in range unless there's no one at the spot(and with atanis I feel there's quite a few ppl at Mirumok most of the time nowadays).

Also yesterday found out I had been doing sailling daillies wrong. I was telling someone how the young rust quests sucked cause killing 5 small rusts took even longer than a big one, and someone gave me the revelation that they added spots specifically for the 5small quest with 5 smalls close enough together you can group all of them. On top of that, that spot is like halfway between OE and the actual black rust spot, so you save 10mins travelling back and forth. Big game changer for soloing these with a non carrack boat, still takes a bit longer than a big rust cause one of these fucks will leash for no apparent reason so you have to finish stragglers and shit but the distance easily makes up for it. They also have similar spots for candidum/ninesharks but not bothering with these since I can just do a Khan as a merc and get all the mats I need anyway. I still need like 2-3weeks of daillies+barter though, so I'm just gonna do every now and then when I'm bored.