Black Desert

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How many Atanis pieces are you getting at Polly's? I've heard people say they're getting 10, but that sounds insane to me and like they're probably full of shit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How many Atanis pieces are you getting at Polly's? I've heard people say they're getting 10, but that sounds insane to me and like they're probably full of shit.
With the event I was pulling around 5-7/hour at Polly's. I did an hour of 8 and an hour of 9 at Traitor's Graveyard. I think if you had a really insane class at low level spots like Musa or Zerk you could probably pull 10 or close to it at Polly's. Lahn is decent at low level spots, but even her movement doesn't compare to Zerk and Musa.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Problem is loot speed though, I was reading a thread about polly too on reddit and some guy was saying 24k trash on blue was what you were supposed to do and I'm nowhere close even with 1 T5 and 1 T4 and I feel I'm basically always on pet cooldown with stuff staying on corpses and shit.

My average was only about 4 based on garmoth entries but I only grinded there for 7hours so sample size is low and variance was stupid, one hour I got a big fat ZERO, other hours I got 8 and 9. Other spots were around 3-5 too so seems somewhat consistent and it seemd more about other drops/xp kind of choice, with polly being nice for leveling. Protty too but without a horn you can't get a horse down there(not even sure a horse works, iirc they fucked with horses on islands in the past not sure if they ever reverted) so while it's apparently even better xp I just can't be bothered with the logistics.

My 2nd seasonal char(corsair) is done with her tuvala upgrades though and only need like 30% xp and I'm only 5 pities away from full mp pot, so I'm basically almost done with the low end farming. I'll put Lahn or Corsair in Pila Ku/Ruud for map farming when I feel like it and start gearing up my Maegu, after playing Lahn a fair bit I still prefer Maegu. I'm also about to hit 15b so can buy a TET BS and get a nice jump in power, should be able to handle orcs or kratuga decently enough with buffs and I finish Jetina ring next week.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Problem is loot speed though, I was reading a thread about polly too on reddit and some guy was saying 24k trash on blue was what you were supposed to do and I'm nowhere close even with 1 T5 and 1 T4 and I feel I'm basically always on pet cooldown with stuff staying on corpses and shit.
24k doesn't seem that outlandish on the right class, tbh. I was pretty consistently pulling between 20-22k(I think my best hour was 21.7k) on my Lahn without going full tryhard. While I was using the spot to practice Maegu, I even ended up pulling 20.2k on her one hour. If you're going balls to the wall on a Musa or Zerk? I can see it for sure. I have full T5 and T4 for reference.
My average was only about 4 based on garmoth entries but I only grinded there for 7hours so sample size is low and variance was stupid, one hour I got a big fat ZERO, other hours I got 8 and 9. Other spots were around 3-5 too so seems somewhat consistent and it seemd more about other drops/xp kind of choice, with polly being nice for leveling. Protty too but without a horn you can't get a horse down there(not even sure a horse works, iirc they fucked with horses on islands in the past not sure if they ever reverted) so while it's apparently even better xp I just can't be bothered with the logistics.
I can't stand the mechanics of Protty. The spot is amazing EXP and with red shards dropping there it ends up being decentish silver, but I can't stand the way it works.
after playing Lahn a fair bit I still prefer Maegu.
Yeah, I fucked around on Awakened Witch a bit during the tag event a couple weeks ago. I used one of my season coupons for Maegu and have her tagged now. I'm really starting to enjoy her now that I'm getting the hang of her.

I fucking LOVE Awakened Witch combos (she's really easy to "reset" if you mess up a combo, have to move, etc.) - her sustain is fantastic, frontal guards and protected skills out the ass, great aoes, etc. She's almost perfect, except her pack to pack movement is just complete and utter dogshit. So, she's great at spots that don't require much movement (most of the endgame stuff now, some of the Elvia stuff, etc.), but she's pretty fucking awful at mid-game stuff that still relies on good pack-to-pack like Underwater, Orcs, Bloody, Jade to some extent, etc.

Maegu on the other hand has fantastic pack to pack but she definitely has some gaps in protection and her sustain isn't the greatest. I feel like if I could just meld Awakened Witch with the movement of Succ Maegu I'd have the perfect class. I'm still searching for a replacement for my Lahn after they changed her, but so far I just haven't found the right fit yet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
24k doesn't seem that outlandish on the right class, tbh. I was pretty consistently pulling between 20-22k(I think my best hour was 21.7k) on my Lahn without going full tryhard. While I was using the spot to practice Maegu, I even ended up pulling 20.2k on her one hour. If you're going balls to the wall on a Musa or Zerk? I can see it for sure. I have full T5 and T4 for reference.

I can't stand the mechanics of Protty. The spot is amazing EXP and with red shards dropping there it ends up being decentish silver, but I can't stand the way it works.

Yeah, I fucked around on Awakened Witch a bit during the tag event a couple weeks ago. I used one of my season coupons for Maegu and have her tagged now. I'm really starting to enjoy her now that I'm getting the hang of her.

I fucking LOVE Awakened Witch combos (she's really easy to "reset" if you mess up a combo, have to move, etc.) - her sustain is fantastic, frontal guards and protected skills out the ass, great aoes, etc. She's almost perfect, except her pack to pack movement is just complete and utter dogshit. So, she's great at spots that don't require much movement (most of the endgame stuff now, some of the Elvia stuff, etc.), but she's pretty fucking awful at mid-game stuff that still relies on good pack-to-pack like Underwater, Orcs, Bloody, Jade to some extent, etc.

Maegu on the other hand has fantastic pack to pack but she definitely has some gaps in protection and her sustain isn't the greatest. I feel like if I could just meld Awakened Witch with the movement of Succ Maegu I'd have the perfect class. I'm still searching for a replacement for my Lahn after they changed her, but so far I just haven't found the right fit yet.

I didn't mean 24k was outlandish, just that I wasn't anywhere close, I'm around 18-19k and as far as I can tell I just can't go faster as I'm looping back to the unlooted corpses as mobs are respawning using Marni polly while my pets are almost completely on cooldown, so I think the pets do make a big difference for loot capped spots like this, I don't think switching classes would help me much in this regard, upgrading my pets probably would though but this shit's expensive when you need T4s.

I have a Witch that I liked a bunch, still use her for Kzarka. I did most of the original quest stuff on her back when I last played, was split between her and Guardian. But yeah her mobility for long distance or repeated mid distance is trash. Her short distance evasion is amazing that side hop is so good so fast and moves a decent distance so you can easily reposition for back attacks constantly at almost no cost, but yeah anytime you have to run around a bit it sucks. I also wish she had the Wizard elements, fire skills just look nicer than the rocks imo but eh.

And yeah Maegu has some issues bunch of skills unprotected and bunch of skills that are slow cast even if protected(forward RMB and shift F where you trade high damage but often get hit). I also dislike how floaty her side/back dash is unlike Witch', makes it hard to get behind stuff like boss blitz/pit of the undying mobs and get skills off before they just turn around. Can do position swap shenanigans but it's annoying to setup unless it's a super scripted boss.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Where can I find a list with alternate farming spots for pity pieces? I am sick of the default spots.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Where can I find a list with alternate farming spots for pity pieces? I am sick of the default spots.
In game find "Monster Zone Info" and search for "Atanis"

Bashim, Candry Ruins, Cresent Shrine, Desert Naga Template, Fadus Habitat, Murumok Ruins, Pollys, Protty, Titium Valley, and Traitor's Graveyard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I currently play a zerker and I am debating what to timepiece and then what I will play in the new season, here is my list:
Witch: Seems chill pve but isn't super mobile, seems decent pvp
Woosa: Most likely still top in many grind locations, less chill than witch, also not super mobile
Sage: Succ Sage, decent pvp, chill, and mobility might be better than woosa/witch (not sure)
Guardian: Guardian just looks generally fun and easy, might be too close to the zerker, also good pvp
Maegu: I haven't looked hard other than then the fact that you need to turn down your effects because they are so bright. Good pve, good mobility

I am guessing I am going to be super tainted by playing zerker first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I timepieced a Sage, so I can tag it and open doors for free. He doesn't even have gear other than Naru so can't do too much with them, I guess you can give them a Tuvala set from another season but yeah it's kinda whatever, especially with the new shared xp tag thing you can level chars to 61 just grinding whatever so it's not a big deal to timepiece the "right" class.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Her short distance evasion is amazing that side hop is so good so fast and moves a decent distance so you can easily reposition for back attacks constantly at almost no cost, but yeah anytime you have to run around a bit it sucks. I also wish she had the Wizard elements, fire skills just look nicer than the rocks imo but eh.
Yeah, Witch's i-frame is nearly unmatched. It's definitely up there with Sorc in terms of insanity. You can spam the shit out of it because it uses almost no stamina. She's who I use for weekly boss blitz purely because of that. She makes Pig King a total joke fight.
I currently play a zerker and I am debating what to timepiece and then what I will play in the new season, here is my list:
Witch: Seems chill pve but isn't super mobile, seems decent pvp
Woosa: Most likely still top in many grind locations, less chill than witch, also not super mobile
Sage: Succ Sage, decent pvp, chill, and mobility might be better than woosa/witch (not sure)
Guardian: Guardian just looks generally fun and easy, might be too close to the zerker, also good pvp
Maegu: I haven't looked hard other than then the fact that you need to turn down your effects because they are so bright. Good pve, good mobility

I am guessing I am going to be super tainted by playing zerker first.
I guess you really have to ask yourself what it is you hate about Zerker and what it is you love about Zerker and go from there. It's hard to really offer advice without knowing what it is that bothers you about Zerk. Or is it the fact that you're just bored of it? If that's the case, just tag another character to mess around on for a while - we all typically have to do that every now and then.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About Awakened Witch mobility (and Wiz as well), is the limitation of Teleport. The normal and ultimate Teleports really, really, really need to be on separate timers, that would help a lot. Also, you can build a Witch to have super fast run speed, especially if you're grinding easy spots and do not need better Add-Ons or a Vells. Along with that, both Witch and Wiz need an attack or two that can flow straight out of Sprint. The one thing that irritates me about playing either is the feel of stop & go, where I stop... then cast... then teleport or run. It is very jarring.

Anyway, yea, A. Witch needs split teleport. I find myself gravitating to, or making, rotations where I can use normal Teleport every 4sec if needed and/or where Sprint (with max speed) is better. A spot like Marni Gahaz is pretty great on A.Witch because using Teleport 2-3 times in the rotation + max Sprint keeps respawn nearly perfectly timed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So random thought I just had, is Godr now a better option than Blackstar, with the increase in cron price?

TET Godr is 5.4b a click versus 10.8b for Blackstar. Yeah, it's still got extra attempts to get there, but...?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So random thought I just had, is Godr now a better option than Blackstar, with the increase in cron price?

TET Godr is 5.4b a click versus 10.8b for Blackstar. Yeah, it's still got extra attempts to get there, but...?

You're the guy with the Stonks medal, I guess that makes you the most qualified to make that assessment. At first blush, I would assume that the price change doesn't make either more or less attractive than before. Should still be the same, but hey, I'm not the guy with the Stonks medal.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Godr at a 240 stack is roughly 145.6B at "average" clicks/attempts with new cron prices.

Blackstar at a 240 stack is roughly 220.2B at "average" clicks/attempts with new cron prices.

Godr also "feels" better in many cases because you don't have to dump as many crons into a single attempt, plus the fact that it has "incremental" AP along the way. The only reason to have a TET BS is to throw JHammers at. Even a new player I'd recommend buying a DUO Godr over a TET BS.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh right I should probably convert TET BS into Godr uh. Looking at it, the requirements are really low just need to spend 100m on random crap and turn a TET BS to get a Godr, then I can upgrade that to like DUO to get some free AP in the process and resell it later to buy PEN blackstar or something.

Finally spent my money on the TET BS for now, also upgraded Kutum to Reform 4, my AP jumped a shit ton(over 50 hidden AP between the new bracket and the AP vs monsters on BS). Wanted to get TET Jetina ring while I do the few more days of daillies, but apparently it costs a bunch of silvers to do that and I'm dry so I guess I'll wait until I'm done and hopefully I'll have the silver by then. Upgraded to farming Kratuga now, before the upgrades was doing 750m/h with Agris+blue(I spend about 20k agris in that hour which is perfect if I want to just farm an hour a day there), gonna see how much it jumps after upgrades. Still far from optimal values for that but it's not so bad, way better than the hour I did before I was even full PEN Tuvala lol that one was a big struggle with a few deaths and several close calls, now I barely feel them hitting me and they die in a couple of spells. I should probably open my magnus reward too since I've been sitting on it.

Also learned an interesting lesson, don't afk fish in Elvia. Couldn't get out of Elvia without deleting my fishes. Luckily googled some stuff and you can still access storage in Glish so I dropped all my yellow fishes in there, threw away all the blue fishes then turned in the yellow fish so wasn't wasted. Was mostly getting coelecanths anyway so not a big loss overall.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh right I should probably convert TET BS into Godr uh. Looking at it, the requirements are really low just need to spend 100m on random crap and turn a TET BS to get a Godr, then I can upgrade that to like DUO to get some free AP in the process and resell it later to buy PEN blackstar or something.
Assuming you have a 200+ stack, keep the TET BS for tapping with JHammers while you save up to buy a DUO Godr. I think converting TET BS is a waste if you're sitting on a 200+.

If you're not sitting on a 200+, it can be a "cheap" way to squeak out a few more AP but only really worth it if it gets you to a new bracket.

I still think converting in general is a waste though. Either save up and grab a DUO or TRI and enhance from there, or just keep them for a while if you know your plan is to buy PEN. If your plan is to get PEN asap, I'd keep the TET BS while you save for DUO or TRI Godr, buy Godr, sell the TET BS to get back most of your silver, then save for PEN from there. Once you have enough for PEN you can sell the DUO/TRI Godr and make back another chunk for a TET Disto or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Assuming you have a 200+ stack, keep the TET BS for tapping with JHammers while you save up to buy a DUO Godr. I think converting TET BS is a waste if you're sitting on a 200+.

If you're not sitting on a 200+, it can be a "cheap" way to squeak out a few more AP but only really worth it if it gets you to a new bracket.

I still think converting in general is a waste though. Either save up and grab a DUO or TRI and enhance from there, or just keep them for a while if you know your plan is to buy PEN. If your plan is to get PEN asap, I'd keep the TET BS while you save for DUO or TRI Godr, buy Godr, sell the TET BS to get back most of your silver, then save for PEN from there. Once you have enough for PEN you can sell the DUO/TRI Godr and make back another chunk for a TET Disto or something.
Well I don't have a J hammer and it's not like they give them frequently, I know one is coming(maybe 2) at the end of the year but yeah. Don't have a 200 stack either though, like only 160 or something.

And yeah I wouldn't convert it before I can upgrade it to get to something, it's not a right now thing, it's for much later, I have a ton of slots to upgrade first. In fact most guides recommend TET Disto before PEN BS anyway, and then I need vell heart and a bunch of upgrades on my armor and maybe TET BS awakening too before I even go there. And probably need to fix my crystals and get better lightstones and such, lots of stuff that gives better value than PEN BS I'm pretty sure so yeah not in a big hurry to do that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I don't have a J hammer and it's not like they give them frequently, I know one is coming(maybe 2) at the end of the year but yeah. Don't have a 200 stack either though, like only 160 or something.

And yeah I wouldn't convert it before I can upgrade it to get to something, it's not a right now thing, it's for much later, I have a ton of slots to upgrade first. In fact most guides recommend TET Disto before PEN BS anyway, and then I need vell heart and a bunch of upgrades on my armor and maybe TET BS awakening too before I even go there. And probably need to fix my crystals and get better lightstones and such, lots of stuff that gives better value than PEN BS I'm pretty sure so yeah not in a big hurry to do that.
You can expect at least 1 JHanmer during the Calpheon Ball, which should be in December (no confirmation on that yet).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, you're pretty much guaranteed at least 2 hammers/year during Calpheon and Heidel ball events. It's more something you just stick in storage and hope you hit the "lotto" one day on.

I finally used my season tokens for weapon exchange coupons and rerolled my Lahn over to my Awake Witch. I really just wasn't gelling with the Lahn ever since her latest PvE changes. I was never the biggest fan of Blooming Nether moving you through mobs from the minute I played her, but I still mostly loved her "flow", movement, and simplicity. After her last PvE buffs, she just feels too awkward to me now on most of her inputs. She's still piss easy, but I just wasn't having fun on her. I'm really going to miss the movement, especially since Witch is ass in that department, but on "stationary" spots I just consistently pull more trash than my Lahn (usually around 2k more at Jade, 4k more at Rhutums, etc.). Plus, Witch is soooo much better at endgame spots with all her protections whereas Lahn really starts to falloff the further you get away from "mid-game".

I rerolled my Maegu's Tuvala to my Lahn so that Lahn can be another boss alt. I also think I'll keep Maegu as my tag to swap to on spots where Witch suffers a bit due to movement like Serendia Elvia spots and Lower Sycraia to some extent. But I'm also sitting at 290/380 AP/DP so I don't really touch Serendia Elvia anymore outside of rare cup farming when I change/upgrade accessories. Which I'm thankful for, since I've always hated Serendia Elvia outside of Biraghi and Fogans. The others just have mechanics I never liked.