Black Desert

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm glad we agree that it is no longer an open world sandbox pvp game and is now just a pretty korean grinder with lowest tier pve. Thanks for SUFFERING me pointing this out to anyone thinking about playing again and still expecting it to be a game where you can achieve things and be rewarded for it.

Game hasn't been an open world sandbox pvp since months before they added pri-pen enhances, back when they removed exp loss on pvp death. But like I said before, you were probably some shitstain nobody carebear who didn't play on Eden back when it WAS an open world pvp game, and instead came in late and p2w some gear advantages and then used your "god gamer skills" to 1v15 guilds into quitting the game, solo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the weirdest game flex spaz out I've seen in a long time.

Seriously, no one fucking cares.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is the weirdest game flex spaz out I've seen in a long time.

Seriously, no one fucking cares.
They don't care so much that they spazzed out and cried that i'm bad at games so my opinion doesnt matter. Then they cried that i'm a bully that I just camp noobs so my opinion doesnt matter. Then they cried and called me a braggart when I explained why i'm better at games than them. I'm very glad Kirun doesnt care at all and is so cool at being a shitter at every game he plays =p.

• 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ps I just tested how empowered griefers are now. I fed people for 3 hours straight, 32 feeds, and there are 0 consequences in the new pvp system. They can't dec me, they can't fight me, they can't attack my guildies.
LOL the fact that some newbs allowed you to feed them for 3 fucking hours straight proves my point. They probably didn't even know how to switch channels, let alone go into Marni realm. But congrats on keeping the playerbase low, because they were likely griefed into quitting.
Next time i won't update the state of the game
Thx bro. I appreciate it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Dumb question, but when and which cups did you all start working on as you got higher AP? I'm sitting at 281AP awakening Sorc/Guard right now and have been farming Orcs and Braghi den, but i'm kind of doing it aimlessly. How and what should I be going for?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dumb question, but when and which cups did you all start working on as you got higher AP? I'm sitting at 281AP awakening Sorc/Guard right now and have been farming Orcs and Braghi den, but i'm kind of doing it aimlessly. How and what should I be going for?
I'm just selling them atm. While the ap/billion ratio on cups is slightly better than my next 3 upgrades(2x tet disto+duo godr main hand to get 294 ap bracket), there's also the fact I have to equip them on my current shit earrings and then remove them later so feels like a waste since removing costs a couple billions. 3% crit dmg ring might be better than AP and I might slap one on my pen jetina ring but other ring same issue it's not finished, and same for belt. Only cup I use is necklace since that one's basically free.

Up to you how you go though, I just figure I'm gonna be grinding these elvia spots for a while, and whenever I need cups I can always come back, it doesn't take that long I usually get about 20 shards per hour so a cup is "only" 10hours and the value of the spots isn't bad so even if I come back later I'm not actively losing money.

That said I'm kinda holding money for now and hoping for a disto event(dark rift events usually, potentially combined with a drop rate event) and see if they get cheaper. They were so much cheaper during summer I'm hoping they dip under 20b again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The necklace is super cheap to make. After that I went ring.

Next up is probably going to be an earring just because I'll update my Capotia ring instead of putting a cup on it, and belt is kind of meh.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Basically the "rule" I use is that if the accessory is more expensive than the cup, you want to grind the cup for said accessory.

I went AP on earrings and belt, HP on neck, crit damage on rings. Some people go DR on belt and HP on rings, but that's mostly for PvP reasons. Possibly really difficult grind zones as well, like Crypt of Resting Thoughts, Dehkia Ash Forest, etc. depending on the survivability of your class.

EDIT: It also looks like the nerfs for Lahn, DK, and Awak Wizard didn't go live in KR. So, it looks like PA might've changed their minds and want to let the changes playout a couple more weeks first(thank god they're giving it time before kneejerk nerfing).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah saw the lack of nerfs, but they might still nerf next week(to pretend they had a bit more time to gather data, which wouldn't be wrong) or they might nerf once they get to these classes for their phase 2 buffs as a balancing point(you get your dmg back down but eh look you get bigger aoes/shorter cds/better movement/whatever). I don't care either way though can leave them broken as long as they don't go nerfing other classes instead.

Been playing Awakening Guardian for the past week or so, it's my old "main" from back in 2020 or whenever it was I played, tagged her for gear and she's really quite nice after the buffs they did to her dmg. Her other features are honestly not bad generally speaking it was just her dmg that had been slowly powercrept over time and that boost was plenty. Apparently she's a top tier Dekiah Thornwood grinder now even.

I still hate that her speed buff is only 10s(and yes I also hate that every other buff is 10s, I feel 15 or 20s would be a lot better for filler skills buffs) and that it can't be cancelled quickly into something else but in the spots I'm farming I can keep BSR up most of the time so I just don't use it(doesn't stack with BSR) and it feels fine. Movement is a bit clunkier than Maegu, but it's honestly not that bad, and while the skills look slow, they still do more dmg than my Maegu does in the same amount of time. I've been farming the same/slightly more trash on her than on Succ Maegu in those Elvia spots(but I also finished upgrading my pets inbetween so some of the values might be slightly off for Maegu too).

Molten Core Raider
Same here with the cups. I only have the HP one on my neck cause i bought it. With only TET accessories, I havent put much time into them, but selling might be a good way to save up for PEN accessories I guess. Ive been tempted to use my big ass stack on going for a PEN Tungrad neck (12% chance of success). Optimistically, it'd save me a crapload of silver, but in reality it'd probably just cost me 9bil to buy a new one when this one blows up because I have horrid luck.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Same here with the cups. I only have the HP one on my neck cause i bought it. With only TET accessories, I havent put much time into them, but selling might be a good way to save up for PEN accessories I guess. Ive been tempted to use my big ass stack on going for a PEN Tungrad neck (12% chance of success). Optimistically, it'd save me a crapload of silver, but in reality it'd probably just cost me 9bil to buy a new one when this one blows up because I have horrid luck.
Never gamble gear you don't have a backup to/can't replace. That's how the vast majority of people end up quitting this game.

33Bil away from buying PEN Blackstar. It's so close I can taste it, but goddamn am I starting to get tired of Giants.

• 1Truth!

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I wouldnt dream of attempting an accessory enhance without having the cash to buy another. I know that attempting to do the enhance myself would just result in a blown up necklace (my luck sucks), but there's that annoying spot in my brain that wants to try for that dopamine hit. I watched a twitch streamer tap a PEN debo earring on his stream earlier today and I got both annoyed at his luck and inspired to try for myself. It's a long way til I can afford one outright, but I should resist the urge and just keep grinding.

I started giants this weekend and was surprised how much I liked it. For some reason it wasnt as painfully boring as orcs. Got wild at one point earlier with Gehaku and the rift event up at the same time. Had friggin giants everywhere.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I wouldnt dream of attempting an accessory enhance without having the cash to buy another. I know that attempting to do the enhance myself would just result in a blown up necklace (my luck sucks), but there's that annoying spot in my brain that wants to try for that dopamine hit. I watched a twitch streamer tap a PEN debo earring on his stream earlier today and I got both annoyed at his luck and inspired to try for myself. It's a long way til I can afford one outright, but I should resist the urge and just keep grinding.

I started giants this weekend and was surprised how much I liked it. For some reason it wasnt as painfully boring as orcs. Got wild at one point earlier with Gehaku and the rift event up at the same time. Had friggin giants everywhere.
Giants is definitely one of the more fun spots because of all the cool little events. I'm just the type who gets tired of the same spot for hours on end, no matter how much I enjoy it. I have to break it up a bit, even if it's at slightly less efficient spots. I usually grind Giants until my Agris fills up and then go burn it all at Jade Forest. That's usually good enough so that it doesn't get too monotonous.

I really can't wait to get into the 300+ bracket though so that I can breakup Giants with more things - like Hexe, Quint, Ash, etc.

Molten Core Raider
Ive been kinda wanting to try Hexe but im borderline on it AP wise and my sheet DP is a little low, so I havent attempted it. I dorked around in lower Gyfin to get knowledge the other day and got beat around pretty good there at 380 DP. I wish I could drop these Disto earrings, losing 8DP to them hurts. My AP is as high as it's gonna get without some PEN accessories, so climbing any higher is gonna be a long time coming, which is why i keep toying with the idea of trying to enhance myself versus saving 80bil

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
New spot and Slumbering Origin shoes are out finally.

The new spot looks fantastic. I love smaller, quick respawning packs similar to Jade Forest. I wish I wasn't stuck at Giants for the next 7 years, because the new spot looks like it might be an all-time fav of mine.

I got another Iridescent to drop at Jade so I was able to make my human damage lightstone set finally. Allowed me to successfully crack the 30k/hour trash mark on my Lahn. I've been rolling on the weapon exchange coupons to no avail, trying to get a set to swap BACK to Lahn and leave Witch as a tag for "tower" spots. I love Witch, but I just can't stand her at any spot that requires movement. She's fine for Gyfin, Tower spots, Boss Blitz, etc., but outside of that she's bleh to play.

I'm about 40 red cookies away from a belt AP cup, but this grind has made me realize this will be my last fucking cup grind. I was pretty sure already I shouldn't be grinding my own cups because I hate Serendia Elvia, but I wanted to confirm it one last time. I'll just be grinding spots I enjoy 100x more and buy them from here on out. Not only is the silver just not really there(Orcs is the only one I'd consider decent), I just fucking hate all the spots except Biraghi. But Biraghi's silver/h is pretty shit money.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That event sucks dick. Haven't gotten a single item and I did most of pulls on things like crons and arti memories that should've had higher drop chances.

Also, the game has been closing randomly on me a lot recently. Like, I loaded it up, opened the market, and instant close. Makes me just want to say fuck this game.

Molten Core Raider
Same with the event. I knew I'd never get a Garmoth heart, but it sure didnt stop me from trying every single day. Im real close to completing the quest for one now (just a few more Nouver kills), but Im also saving for a neck upgrade and really hate that the heart quest has a big money sink in it. I know the heart is a huge upgrade but dang if i dont hate losing ground toward my neck too.

I havent had any crashing issues (knock on wood) but ive read about a lot of people crashing a bunch. We all may soon have a new mess of problems if they go through with dumping EAC for XIGNCode

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Same with the event. I knew I'd never get a Garmoth heart, but it sure didnt stop me from trying every single day. Im real close to completing the quest for one now (just a few more Nouver kills), but Im also saving for a neck upgrade and really hate that the heart quest has a big money sink in it. I know the heart is a huge upgrade but dang if i dont hate losing ground toward my neck too.

I havent had any crashing issues (knock on wood) but ive read about a lot of people crashing a bunch. We all may soon have a new mess of problems if they go through with dumping EAC for XIGNCode
The only thing I'm concerned with XIGNCode on is the occasional performance hit. It essentially works like Malwarebytes or Microsoft Defender, where it scans your entire PC compared to a "library" of known/suspected cheats/viruses/malware. I think the kernel fears are overblown, since most people are running apps at the kernel level already.

EAC isn't any better anyhow IMO. That program is and has always been a pile of shit that does nothing much to curb anything but the most basic/lazy cheaters. Otherwise, it's just a performance hit as well. And them dropping EAC allows me to play more shit while having BDO running in the background, which I'm all for.

I only experience crashing when in the Magnus really. I'd say 1 out of every 6 or so entries or exits to the Magnus results in a crash for me. Outside of that, I basically never crash. Every once in a blue moon if I'm swapping back and forth between screens heavily (I run in full screen windowed), but that's about it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I played a lot of DFO and they use XIGNcode and honestly couldn't really tell the issues. I have cheat engine and ahk installed(not running obviously) and it never gave me issues about these, couldn't really tell if there was any slowdown cause not much else to compare to, I guess bdo players might see differences, but then again people get performance changes with no reason from patch to patch(same for crashing).

On the raffle event I think the main "issue" with it is how it's presented. The fact you decide what to roll for and you can clearly see other people winning when you aren't(even if they removed the popups you can just see the numbers go down on the screen) makes it so you feel bad about losing, when really it's no different than when they give you random boxes from Finto farm or for using simple alchemy on random drops or whatever, then opening the boxes at the end of the event and getting fuck all. Basically you have the guaranteed shit from the NPC exchange, and anything else should be considered really lucky draw like when you pull a garmoth out of a random event box, but because of how it's done it feels like you're losing more.

I haven't won anything yet so it's not like I've been lucky but I kinda expected to win nothing in the first place so not too annoyed at it, and the guaranteed rewards weren't bad(5 feathers, 200 ferns, 1 maid, Jhammer and a 100 stack, it's overall quite good rewards for an event).

I got all my nouver scales last week but have yet to craft the heart. It is quite a bit of silver sink, I got all the random materials but there's like 4.5b of raw silver to drop on it so I was kinda waiting to see if I'd get a free heart from the event, which didn't happen, but now I'm also wondering if the ~6b is worth 1 crystal slot at my current gear(doesn't feel like it at least). I still need distos and that takes a while as I don't farm that much, plus they're rising in price so that's not helping, hopefully they run some disto event soon(dark rift event or something like that) so I can save a few billions.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Finally done with both potions! It was a fun grind. Now I am bit in a lull, because I need a new goal. I am sitting on 20 Billion and just thinking about saving up for a pen weapon, because I dont have a clear goal with my money.
I just gave up on garmoths heart. Ordering it seems impossible and I hate bosses, because it interrupts my grinding.
Still having fun though after a break.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users