Black Desert

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally done with both potions! It was a fun grind. Now I am bit in a lull, because I need a new goal. I am sitting on 20 Billion and just thinking about saving up for a pen weapon, because I dont have a clear goal with my money.
I just gave up on garmoths heart. Ordering it seems impossible and I hate bosses, because it interrupts my grinding.
Still having fun though after a break.
Im up to 77b saving for pen bs as well. Seeing Choice do 81 taps today for tet rock shoes was crazy. Also made me think no way im going to go for it with crons and a 240.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Finally done with both potions! It was a fun grind. Now I am bit in a lull, because I need a new goal. I am sitting on 20 Billion and just thinking about saving up for a pen weapon, because I dont have a clear goal with my money.
I just gave up on garmoths heart. Ordering it seems impossible and I hate bosses, because it interrupts my grinding.
Still having fun though after a break.
Plenty of other treasure items to grind for if you want a "goal" to work toward. Compass, Map, Telescope, etc. A lot of those spots are decent money now too.
Im up to 77b saving for pen bs as well. Seeing Choice do 81 taps today for tet rock shoes was crazy. Also made me think no way im going to go for it with crons and a 240.
FUCK everything to do with enhancing Slumbering Origin armor. Just getting to DUO on those things is a massive PITA that eats a ton of 70-150 stacks. Now that I'm at full DUO(except boots, obviously), my plan is to just slowly buy TRI and then sell off my DUO. Then buy TET, sell off the TRI, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
but now I'm also wondering if the ~6b is worth 1 crystal slot at my current gear(doesn't feel like it at least). I still need distos and that takes a while as I don't farm that much, plus they're rising in price so that's not helping, hopefully they run some disto event soon(dark rift event or something like that) so I can save a few billions.
Im in exactly the same boat with the heart. Karanda hearts didnt sell at all for a few days, price inflated a bit then the floodgates opened. You can get that one crystal slot for under 200m now, is that second slot really worth the extra billions? I mean, sure another slot is huge but with how accessible that first one is, the need for that second just doesnt seem as pressing. Ill get a 5AP boost from the PEN accessory Im over halfway to saving towards, maybe ill finish the heart after that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what the fucking deal is. I mentioned my game randomly closing.

Apparently it'd been a while since I updated my Nvidia drivers, so I gave that a shot, and now the game won't open at all. It's on steam, it just opens that Black Spirit splash thing and never opens the patcher to launch. Reinstalled the entire game and still nothing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know what the fucking deal is. I mentioned my game randomly closing.

Apparently it'd been a while since I updated my Nvidia drivers, so I gave that a shot, and now the game won't open at all. It's on steam, it just opens that Black Spirit splash thing and never opens the patcher to launch. Reinstalled the entire game and still nothing.
I've seen a bunch of ppl have the same issue, I don't but I also haven't updated Nvidia drivers in forever. You tried reinstalling an older one?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I finally figured it out. Apparently in the game setting for Geforce Experience, it changed my windowed mode setting to "Full Screen" which I guess made some kind of conflict with the launcher? I don't really quite know why, but changing it to borderless fixed it.

I can't figure out why that has anything to do with the launcher not opening, but whatever. This game is kind of a mess of programming.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plenty of other treasure items to grind for if you want a "goal" to work toward. Compass, Map, Telescope, etc. A lot of those spots are decent money now too.

FUCK everything to do with enhancing Slumbering Origin armor. Just getting to DUO on those things is a massive PITA that eats a ton of 70-150 stacks. Now that I'm at full DUO(except boots, obviously), my plan is to just slowly buy TRI and then sell off my DUO. Then buy TET, sell off the TRI, etc.
That is exactly what I'm doing as well. Getting my gloves to DUO was hideous. To bad I'm distracted by gacha games ATM, lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've left mine at PRI. I really need to try for DUO, but the helmet fucking killed me. I posted about it here, but it was 22 attempts, plus every base to PRI each time it failed (usually 3-5 attempts). It cost something like 11b to enhance that one. And also destroyed my memory fragment stash.

I really wanted to buy a Blackstar awakening just for the monster AP, but they shot way up in price. I'm thinking maybe because of the J Hammers? But they've started falling the last 1-2 weeks. My boots are C7 so I should probably C10 them before anything else, but I dunno.

I'm sitting at 301 AP and will likely be stuck here for a while. Basically my only upgrades would be PEN accessories and those are just so daunting. Which means it's still the DP grind and I've got caphras on boots, Vell's upgrades x2, and DUO gloves. I guess also my Kutum since it's been sitting at reform 4 for ages. DP upgrades are just so boring.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've left mine at PRI. I really need to try for DUO, but the helmet fucking killed me. I posted about it here, but it was 22 attempts, plus every base to PRI each time it failed (usually 3-5 attempts). It cost something like 11b to enhance that one. And also destroyed my memory fragment stash.

I really wanted to buy a Blackstar awakening just for the monster AP, but they shot way up in price. I'm thinking maybe because of the J Hammers? But they've started falling the last 1-2 weeks. My boots are C7 so I should probably C10 them before anything else, but I dunno.

I'm sitting at 301 AP and will likely be stuck here for a while. Basically my only upgrades would be PEN accessories and those are just so daunting. Which means it's still the DP grind and I've got caphras on boots, Vell's upgrades x2, and DUO gloves. I guess also my Kutum since it's been sitting at reform 4 for ages. DP upgrades are just so boring.
My Gloves took me 38 attempts back and forth between base, PRI, DUO before finally hitting DUO. Vowed I'd never enhance Slumbering Origin again. Bought both the chest and the helm at DUO after that bullshit. The only good thing about DP is that you're essentially "done" after 401, since that's the last bracket. Anything after that is just for how "safe" you want to play it at grind spots.

2x Vell upgrades? You know you can skip exalted and go straight to blessed, right? And that upgrade is actually worth farming yourself, because the Elvia Calpheon spots are actually decent cash. You could even get omega lucky and get the raw drop.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exalted is the higher tier one. And based on the item description, you have to do both unless I'm missing something.

And yeah, 38 doesn't even sound bad to me if you're counting total clicks. Mine was 22 just to DUO. Probably around 100+ if you include the re-taps to PRI. Don't remember how long the FG took.

I was actually curious about the DP thing. All the Dehkia spots say 410+ DP. But holy shit that'd require basically end game everything to the point where why are you even grinding anymore (TET on all slumbering, C20 boots or the Ator's upgraded, which good luck). If it's 300 AP and 400 DP that's actually doable.

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider

I am at the point were after I get my Pen MH I have nothing else to spend money on except debos(yeah fuck that nonsense). Soooo I might as well just throw money at outfits and cron the tri attempts. 2100 crons with 190ish stacks doesn't really seem to bad. 30 durability loss on each fail can suck my asshole tho.

Oh wait a sec... Silents are only 70b, I was thinking they were 190b. I might need to rethink this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of, decided to just get my DUO gloves over with. Had a fucking streak of 15 clicks to get them back to PRI after one of my attempts.

Ended up getting it in 23. I'll fucking take that.

Puts me at 301 AP and 385 DP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Well, guess I am autistic. I continue to farm potion pieces to sell the end result. So stuck in that loop, that I cant motivate myself for a different goal yet. I had 91 Tshira pity pieces and ~60 Manshaun leftover, so I guess it will be quite faster this time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, guess I am autistic. I continue to farm potion pieces to sell the end result. So stuck in that loop, that I cant motivate myself for a different goal yet. I had 91 Tshira pity pieces and ~60 Manshaun leftover, so I guess it will be quite faster this time.
Hey, whatever it takes to earn silver. It isn't the fastest method by any means depending on your gear, but BDO has always been about consistent, long-term gains/goals. Even if you're only earning 500m/hr, if you can maintain that over a longer period that the guy earning double that? You're still ahead.

People get caught in the WoW/EQ mindset where an upgrade has to come every week. The better your gear gets, the further between upgrades you are.

Molten Core Raider
Hit 400 Nouver scales yesterday, only thing standing between me and a garmoth heart is 7-8bil silver (I need to finish the alchemy shards and a few more concentrated black stones along with the straight up silver sink). I just dunno if i wanna set myself back that much silver atm. Id been saving for a PEN accessory, but decided to shift over and save for a Silent Labreska helm instead. I managed to bump my gloves to Distorted and a Silent helm would push my DP to 390 and maybe allow me to start grinding Hexe. I know the garmoth heart is a huge boost to power but i dont think it would surpass moving up a DP bracket.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hit 400 Nouver scales yesterday, only thing standing between me and a garmoth heart is 7-8bil silver (I need to finish the alchemy shards and a few more concentrated black stones along with the straight up silver sink). I just dunno if i wanna set myself back that much silver atm. Id been saving for a PEN accessory, but decided to shift over and save for a Silent Labreska helm instead. I managed to bump my gloves to Distorted and a Silent helm would push my DP to 390 and maybe allow me to start grinding Hexe. I know the garmoth heart is a huge boost to power but i dont think it would surpass moving up a DP bracket.
Just get a Karanda heart as a "good enough" interim. It's only 500m for 1/2 crystal slots. I think the DP bump is more important for now, especially if it opens up Hexe for you. Although, Giants is typically better silver/h and you can grind it with a lot less DP.

Molten Core Raider
Ive actually got 2 Karanda hearts (from those boxes the special black spirt dice thing a month or so ago), been holding off on using one til i decided what to do about the Garmoth thing, so Im good there.

I had thought Hexe was better than giants, interesting to hear that it's not that way. I honestly kinda love grinding giants, im not sure why. I think the little events just make the grind time seem to fly by, although i usually have terrible luck with Gehaku spawning. Im trying to sell my current Labreska helm to finish funding my Silent purchase, but that feels unlikely to actually sell, so we'll see. Ill give it a couple days while i work on knowledge gathering

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ive actually got 2 Karanda hearts (from those boxes the special black spirt dice thing a month or so ago), been holding off on using one til i decided what to do about the Garmoth thing, so Im good there.

I had thought Hexe was better than giants, interesting to hear that it's not that way. I honestly kinda love grinding giants, im not sure why. I think the little events just make the grind time seem to fly by, although i usually have terrible luck with Gehaku spawning. Im trying to sell my current Labreska helm to finish funding my Silent purchase, but that feels unlikely to actually sell, so we'll see. Ill give it a couple days while i work on knowledge gathering
It's because the Distortion Earring chance at Hexe isn't very good. As it is currently, the big disparity in Distortion chance throws it off - Giants has around 7x the chance at an earring compared to Hexe.

In fact, they really just need to bump all of Calpheon Elvia's spots to Giant's in terms of Distortion Earring drop chance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I just ran giants for the first time yesterday and that was one of the most chill grinds ever. I kind of got crap money for it (little under 1b, with a disto drop) but it was the first go around and also I'm trying succ zerker out too, which even though it's straightforward I'm still new at.

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just ran giants for the first time yesterday and that was one of the most chill grinds ever. I kind of got crap money for it (little under 1b, with a disto drop) but it was the first go around and also I'm trying succ zerker out too, which even though it's straightforward I'm still new at.

add human damage crystals and damage to humans in addons.. zooooom zooom