Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did my first hour at primal giant to see if my new stats were fine, seems at least my DP is now good enough for this place with 363. Didn't really take much damage even playing pretty boldly(facetanking gigagord and shit), it was on awa guardian though so lots of hp regen even if I'm getting hit a lot as long as I'm not fumbling my skills/getting CCed I'll just outheal. Damage was so so, definitely need to get distos now to push that further(and then more dp to compensate). Money was about the same as the other elvia as I currently don't have enough power to use a full human setup for this, no cups but well if I do 1b at giant and 1b at biraghi cups don't matter.

Disto price is so fucked right now though, kinda wish I had prioritize buying one back when they were under 20b. I had hoped the 120% item rate event would help but not really, ppl just can't be bothered farming star's end I guess.

I've also been cleaning up my knowledge stuff the past few weeks as I find doing an hour or two of random list completion is somewhat relaxing. Up to 642 energy, I have almost everything besides odyllita/eternal winter/ulukita done, only straggler energy here and there like papuar crinea daily timegated stuff and the stupid fucking loml cooking daillies(everything about loml was absolute ass even those energy points), trying to do half or a whole region a day.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Distos drop at those calpheon elvia places. In fact, quite often. I imagine most disto drops aren't coming from Star's End anymore.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Distos drop at those calpheon elvia places. In fact, quite often. I imagine most disto drops aren't coming from Star's End anymore.
Only at Giants. The drop rate at other Calpheon Elvia spots is pretty ass. It's basically why nobody does Hex anymore. If they bumped up the rate there to Giants, it could actually compete with places like Thornwood. Obviously it'd still be worse, but it'd act as a nice stepping stone between Giants/Gyfin and "endgame".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right I know what I meant is they should boost the drops in Elvia Calpheon zones, in general these zones mostly underperform besides Giants, especially Hexe/Troll for their gear req. Hopefully when they get on that monster zone rebalance they talked about they'll look into that, making Distos drop more there kinda solve 2 issues at once. Star's End could probably use a bit of a buff to trash loot too but I feel they might overshoot that one and end up with Kratuga 2.0 on their hand.

Anyway I forgot this was the patch with the grand prix changes, it does make it a fair bit more skill based now, first race I forgot about it and botched my start, ended up finishing 4th and never saw 1/2/3 the entire race was just fighting with the other guy for a meaningless position. Then did another run this time I got a solid start and basically was first the entire race no one even close but the funny part is I finished so early, the 5th guy didn't get to the end before the 10s timer from when I finished and got fucked out of the rewards. That's pretty funny that you can just get fucked if you race too slowly. I should probably upgrade my racing horse gear to get max speed now that they don't compensate for losing.

Molten Core Raider
My luck shines through in the weirdest places. I always have terrible results enhancing, but i tapped a T10 peggy this morning from the free censers (13 total attempts). Guess I can just stockpile materials for when they give out more free T9s and I can start on a Dine :p

Any of you start the Darkseeker grind? Ive had a PO up for a Flame for a while now and dont really expect it to fill. I rode out and attacked a pack and I killed them, but it was not pretty (303ap/393dp). I didnt use a full rotation of elixirs, just giants draught, food, church, and villa buffs. I think they may still be a bit out of reach for me to farm efficiently

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My luck shines through in the weirdest places. I always have terrible results enhancing, but i tapped a T10 peggy this morning from the free censers (13 total attempts). Guess I can just stockpile materials for when they give out more free T9s and I can start on a Dine :p

Any of you start the Darkseeker grind? Ive had a PO up for a Flame for a while now and dont really expect it to fill. I rode out and attacked a pack and I killed them, but it was not pretty (303ap/393dp). I didnt use a full rotation of elixirs, just giants draught, food, church, and villa buffs. I think they may still be a bit out of reach for me to farm efficiently
You want to have around 1000AP(between monster AP, AP, mob type AP, etc.)for dark seekers to feel decent. Anything below that will feel pretty bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man Black Shrine can be a real pain in the dick. Today I tried C7 sangoon some more, and as usual could barely kill him before he'd enrage(like 1-3% kind of thing). Tried for like 3hours and just constantly low hp enrages or many bullshit deaths due to desync/bugs and what not and a few fair wipes. Anyway tired of how I can't seem to have enough dmg even though I should, I remember that some classes are affected by FPS, so I look into how to uncap my FPS, after 30mins of fiddling around(the trick was rebooting my PC after applying all the changes) I manage to uncap, and surprise, I kill it with like over a minute left on the enrage. Stupid ass engine spaghetti shit.

Ultimately not sure it's worth the time to get the rest of the C7. I know some are already going to be cancer on Shai because of hitboxes, I tried imoogi as a quick test since it's close but you lose like 70% of your damage fighting the orbs/lantern because of the small hitbox so most of your hits don't even register, so stuff like Oduksini with the 8 braziers can go suck a dick. Meanwhile my witch that I was using before just can't get enough dmg and the FPS doesn't help nearly as much with her, the enrage timers are just too tight for tuvala tier gear and I don't want to tag stuff just to do this. Using better consumables might also do the trick but yeah it's a pain in the ass, a few weeks back I gave Bari/Songakshi a fair try but both I just died due to enrage mechanics, the fights are easy enough but Bari was like 5% wipes and Songakshi like 20% so that one wasn't even close plus it's RNG as fuck. Interestingly though I one shot pig king C7 even though the damage check is supposed to be harder.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
On my Maegu I currently have these weapons.

Pen: Kzarka main weapon
Tet: Kutum Sub weapon
Tet: Dandelion Awakening

I use succession not awakening.

Which would be better upgrade to get the free Tet: Blackstar weapon they are giving away. I don’t push for the hard content I’m a lifeskiller at heart.

Thanks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you never grind ever, probably look up which of your three sells for the most and replace that.

But otherwise, replace main weapon first for succession.

I completely missed that they changed Tuvala to be even easier. I don't know why they even bother at this point, just give people it at PEN already because this is a joke.

Hit 7k fame finally with the scholar season char. Shame I barely play anymore.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On my Maegu I currently have these weapons.

Pen: Kzarka main weapon
Tet: Kutum Sub weapon
Tet: Dandelion Awakening

I use succession not awakening.

Which would be better upgrade to get the free Tet: Blackstar weapon they are giving away. I don’t push for the hard content I’m a lifeskiller at heart.

Thanks.
Main hand, BS main hand gives a ton of monster dmg and kzarka is pretty much super outdated. Buy a tet bs awakening after(probably one of your first purchases), it's a lot of monster dmg over dandelion too and they dropped in value with the change so they're even more affordable. Kutum you will keep pretty much forever, blackstar is actually quite ass for sub and it'd be something you only consider once you're at like 315-320ap or something(basically one of the last couple of upgrades you can make).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Main hand, BS main hand gives a ton of monster dmg and kzarka is pretty much super outdated. Buy a tet bs awakening after(probably one of your first purchases), it's a lot of monster dmg over dandelion too and they dropped in value with the change so they're even more affordable. Kutum you will keep pretty much forever, blackstar is actually quite ass for sub and it'd be something you only consider once you're at like 315-320ap or something(basically one of the last couple of upgrades you can make).

Thanks. :)

Molten Core Raider
Ive been having problems with the lahn lately, i dunno how to describe it. When I do certain attacks, usually something RMB related, my character will for a lack of a better term, blink forward. Like, Ill do Bleeding Hearts (LMB + RMB) and she will begin the attack but suddenly ill blink forward a few feet as the attack goes off. Dunno if this is stuttering or what, but my pc is great, i usually play on remastered but lowered the settings to Low/Potato and it still happens. My internet connection is good, ive tried turning on Low Power Mode which supposedly reduces studdering, but it still happens.

When im grinding faceroll easy content, it's not an issue but this shit is getting me killed in Crypt and at Darkseekers because Ill be behind enemies, go to attack and suddenly im in the middle of the mosh pit and die. Ive hauled out my Awake Nova, leveled a Scholar and Maegu on season and the Lahn is the only character this seems to happen on. It's frustrating. Anyone else had something similar happen?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Well, nearly done with second mana potion. I was retarded enough to check Ronari and how annoying they are just incase, that I will be bored enought o grind a second hp potion aswell. First pack dropped the full piece. Guess I am doing that one aswell a second time.
Hopefully by then I gained some Ap/dp to move on to something new. Kinda stuck in a loop and missing a new goal.

But kinda fun to play this game longterm on and off. Always stuff to do with long breaks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got my scholar wrapped up and my Blackstar awakening (figure I'll convert the one I had to Godr and use this just for hammers). Went 0/2 on it. Also went 0/5 on the mythical centers. Think I'm at 17 failstacks for that.

So for all that shit they gave us, I'm exactly where I started. Fun game.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is scholar broken OP like Maegu and Woosa were? Haven't played for months, looks like dark rifts finally got a needed update. Any DK buffs or any other big changes? I'm not high enough AP to grind the new spots south of mediah.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is scholar broken OP like Maegu and Woosa were? Haven't played for months, looks like dark rifts finally got a needed update. Any DK buffs or any other big changes? I'm not high enough AP to grind the new spots south of mediah.
Na, it's just ok. In fact they're buffing her today, not massive buffs but some, and also fixing some things with her flows defaulting to T1 addons cause they had no cooldowns(even though they were tied to skills with cooldowns). I'm not a big fan of her, the mobility feels clunky, like it's good and annoying for pvp cause she blinks around and has a bunch of iframes but for pve I'd much rather have long fast dashs and short repositions. Her aoe is also pretty low, pretty sure in the trailer she had bigger aoes and she got nerfed cause she struggles if mobs aren't well packed. She has good burst damage though and overall isn't weak or anything, she's just not near succ maegu release or succ woosa current.

They did LOTS of big pve buffs on every class. Largely just numbers though, a few classes got cooldowns and a few others got actual small reworks(Tamer and Succ Striker got some aoe size and position changes for example). DK got several buffs and I believe currently awakening is one of the top tier pve class in some spots, although not super popular. Not sure about succ.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not OP at all, but not horrible. Her buffs today all about allowing some skills to be used while on cooldown, and reducing CD's a bit. All good changes, but I wish they would have allowed the spacebar skill to be while on cooldown, would have been a lot more fun. Her damage is alright, but the size of her AoE is disappointing, in that respect she is far weaker than my Witch. Her 100% BS skill takes far, far too long to finish casting, but when its not using BSR it pops quickly. Her dmg will be slowly adjusted upwards, I think.

You might as well login to get another free Dream Horse and the free TET Blackstar weapon.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've been taking a break for a while. I still AFK fish and login for imperials each day, but I really hate the "rich get richer" release style to content lately. To be fair, Pearl Abyss has always kind of followed this paradigm and I understand you need more things for "high-end" players, but BDO has such garbage "catch-up" mechanics once you're outside of seasons that it makes getting to those 720+ GS brackets absolutely daunting.

Staring at Giants for literally the next 200+ hours until I finally earn enough billions for BS and accessory upgrades just isn't something I really want to tackle at the moment.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So been spending some time at Jade lately since I had agris to burn and I need a flame anyway so figured I'd do both, actually not a bad spot with agris, getting a consistent 1b+ there at 290ap. Anyway finally ran out of agris so decided to go back to giants, only did the one hour a couple weeks ago, and I guess those Gigagords last time got me overconfident, got a boss spawn, cyclops, hadn't seen that one before, made the mistake of not running out of a red circle thinking I'd just heal through it and got decimated, I guess the true boss of Elvia Calpheon is the cyclops.

Lost a rebelious but instantly restored it so not a big deal but annoying. After that continued farming and got some ogres instead, which is what I remembered fighting before(way easier than cyclops, does like no dmg) then got my revenge on another cyclops that dropped a disto too. That big damage spike was surprising though, now I know but that's kinda fucked up to have stun lock skills that can do your entire bar worth of hp. I only have 363DP so that's probably why but still, Murrowak is the same the boss there is a snoozefest but if you miss the message about running out you just get melted without being able to dodge out.

Hit Guru alchemist during this xp/drop event so that's nice, working on processing for the last few days of the event. Also did a stupid amount of busywork knowledge shit and now have 671 energy, I'm like 4 energy short off the cap(minus titles energy, missing 2 on that but can't be assed farming titles), need olun ecology which I'll probably get once I have better gear, some cooking daily time gated shit from loml and... great marni box knowledge, which I'm fairly sure I'm never getting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The breath/howl attack of those Cyclops killed so many people back during release. Took so many ppl by surprise, lol.