Black Desert

Ryanz

<Banned>
I never played this. I'm getting the yearly MMO itch that needs to be scratched. Am I just wasting time/money with this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I can send you a 7 day pass I think it is to try it out. I can say that you are behind they are constantly doing stuff to help people catch up but the gear gap is getting wide. If you just want to pass time its not bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
still playing this epic game of epicness

for serious though i just farm for shards and pvp

• 1Like

moontayle

Golden Squire
Still playing with PRX in the non-poopsock division (XRP). Sieges are on in full force and the fight seems to come to PRX no matter where they show up. The first week there were half a dozen guilds fighting over Calpheon, maybe three in Serendia. This week, PRX moved to take Serendia and it was six guilds again, and Calpheon was basically a handover of ownership within an alliance.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm in some carebear guild with nice bonuses. 55 ranger and I've found shooting people with a shotgun is lots of fun however.

• 1Like

Kai

Trakanon Raider
The game is great and IMO the best graphics currently. However i do wish there was more PvE than just farming the same groups of mobs for hours.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I really liked this game, and it has the best combat out there...what killed it for me is that all the mobs are the same. There is no variation in how you fight anything in the game it's all the same. It got boring after a while.

• 1Like

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Playing, just collecting money as there is not much to buy as a crafter. Just going thru the motions. Get stuff, sell on market repeat. Got some bonus to X items but its rare to find or just not much available.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I really liked this game, and it has the best combat out there...what killed it for me is that all the mobs are the same. There is no variation in how you fight anything in the game it's all the same. It got boring after a while.

This. The game is beautiful and the combat mechanics are great (when they work). But this game gets pretty stale during leveling...quests dont give any XP of note, so you're forced to grind shit over and over and over...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea the grind at 56+ is for real, and the RNG systems are on an epic level. Great game though. Due to gear, I am still grinding in Mediah, since it would be slower to grind mobs in Valencia at 134/177.

The game should spice up a bit in a few months (guessing) when we get the Awakening weapons for all classes. I used to think that Blade & Soul had a better combat setup, but now I'd have to say BDo beats it. Still feel like a noob in the game though, there is a lot to take in.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black Desert is a nice MMO with lots of content. Whenever you're thinking about competition,dont. Gear grind is like going to Atlantic City without money and complain about the amount of feathers up your arse.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It really is a fun game, just find whatever it is that tickles your fancy, and have fun with it. I've been completely captivated by the Ninja class, so I've found renewed zeal in that. Blader was getting stale, I want them to release a male ranger counterpart. Probably won't revisit my other classes until Awakenings drop.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4wX4fwk.png

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lot's of people blowing up about this change, some idiots already quitting, and breaking down or selling their gear because of it. I get how it can be unbalancing for those willing to drop cash on the game and sell off Pearl items for silver, but I also feel like it is win win. Casuals get a shot a cash shop costumes and things that they may have never purchased with RL money, and people that just want to credit card their way through the game can support my current hobby company for me. I don't play extreme enough for it to really make a huge difference as far as competition is concerned, I'm behind the curve regardless.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends on what you are looking for in a game. If you want to casually enjoy some fun systems, imo great combat, in an open world, sandboxy, pvp endgame, all tied loosely together with a loose quest guide, you are in good company. If you are super cereal and want to (or have the time and life style to accommodate) or are just really lucky)) you can get geared hardcore and have a lot of fun in pvp siege/node wars and random GVG open world stuff. If you really invest and keep competitive, pvp is a hell of a lot of in this game. I don't mind the xp grind at all, but the RNG grind with upgrading can be frustrating in a multitude of ways. RNG can swing both ways, a little bit of a rollercoaster sometimes, but baby when you're hot!! RPG Fantasy themed slot machine on steroids, and I'm not ashamed that I like it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This upcoming change will have little to no real impact on the game itself, since the limitations are pretty extreme. Yet the people who have spent 8+hrs a day playing since release, or those who can do so now, call the change P2W. Its silly. No one who can dump money into the cash shop to sell 5 items per week will ever reach the lvl of gear that the "no lifers" have obtained already, thanks to RNGesus being the great equalizer.

Everybody wins with this change, imo. People who have vast amounts of ingame money will be able to buy their Value Packs, Pets or Costumes for pretty cheap (KR prices are 75-100mil per costume), while those with real money can earn some ingame money to get a little boost, which can be especially helpful for new players.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
The will increase the 5 per week limit once they see the cash flowing, give it a few months. They had plans to make dyes, pets and other items available on the market from the beginning since its on the sort options in the GUI, but did that last min option to limit it to cash shop only in the hopes to gain maximum cash gains. Seems that isnt getting them what they wanted.
Side note I would like to buy some of the pearl items for fishing and other visuals, I refuse to drop any cash on this game outside of the initial purchase.