Black Friday 2014 Gaming Deals

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's also PS4's new digital system for playing PS3 games. I've never used it, but I hear it works well enough.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now that Black Friday is pretty much over, has anyone heard of anything amazing happening for Cyber Monday? Games have gone so digital these days, I really feel there might actually be something worth buying.

Gator

Molten Core Raider

spronk

FPS noob
there was an insane deal on the microsoft store this weekend, if you bought kinect sports rival you got one of 8 or so xbox one games for free. I ordered one of each and they all shipped, so for $27 each I'll be getting GTA 5, Halo MCC, WWE 2k15, DA3, Unity, GTA5, and two copies of Forza Horizon 2. Outside of that I picked up mordor for $20, Forza 5 for $20, and bought digital GTA5 and D3 on PS4. Also

Rakuten is doing a $30 off $100 if you buy with paypal, only good on a list of specific products below but includes $50 xbox and $54 ($4 mystery fee!) PSN cards. GTA5 + COD for $105 is pretty good too.
PayPal $30 off $100 - Rakuten.com

Best Buy has a pretty decent cyber monday going on, the B1G1 40% off on Wii U games is especially really good. I picked up finally Bayonetta 2 and a 3d copy of Super Smash (gift)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/cyb...at309500050010

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What you going to do with 8 copies of kinect sports rival?

And Xbox is getting crazy on the deals this Season. Damn.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
there was an insane deal on the microsoft store this weekend, if you bought kinect sports rival you got one of 8 or so xbox one games for free. I ordered one of each and they all shipped, so for $27 each I'll be getting GTA 5, Halo MCC, WWE 2k15, DA3, Unity, GTA5, and two copies of Forza Horizon 2. Outside of that I picked up mordor for $20, Forza 5 for $20, and bought digital GTA5 and D3 on PS4. Also

Rakuten is doing a $30 off $100 if you buy with paypal, only good on a list of specific products below but includes $50 xbox and $54 ($4 mystery fee!) PSN cards. GTA5 + COD for $105 is pretty good too.
PayPal $30 off $100 - Rakuten.com

Best Buy has a pretty decent cyber monday going on, the B1G1 40% off on Wii U games is especially really good. I picked up finally Bayonetta 2 and a 3d copy of Super Smash (gift)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/cyb...at309500050010
Yes I jumped on that best buy deal, Mario 3d world and kart, plus it took the discount off the higher priced item

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Radioshack is cool for when you're doing projects and need some specific resistors and whatnot immediately, but otherwise it's cheaper to order them at a multitude of other places.

This is a company that never embraced the changing landscape of technology unfortunately.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Radioshack is cool for when you're doing projects and need some specific resistors and whatnot immediately, but otherwise it's cheaper to order them at a multitude of other places.

This is a company that never embraced the changing landscape of technology unfortunately.
Wait, Radioshack by you still sells actual useful things for electronics repair? I'm jelly, every single one I've seen in the last ~5 years are glorified cell phone stores/sharper image wannabes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol I sent a friend to Radio Shack for a SATA cable and they had no idea what it was.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Radioshack still has their selection of resisters, diodes and other things that are useful in making electronics.

Unfortunately, making electronics isn't very popular these days, and their staff is typically clueless on how to do it.
What stopped the company from going out of business was broadening their horizons to cell phones and cheap toys like RC cars and stuff.

Thus is life. You're still able to find a selection of parts, but not nearly as expansive as it once was. And now the majority of the staff is blissfully unaware of what the parts are used for.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah there's 3 in a radius around my house that I used to stop in during senior design.

At one they had a huge Arduino section with a whole bunch of different boards, controllers, shields, etc that was really impressive. I think the prices were way above Sparkfun though. A worker saw me looking at it and was asking me a whole bunch of questions about what I was doing with the raspberry pi and other Arduino questions as well.

I felt like he was a solid dude and he wasn't even trying to make a sale.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I wanted a slimport cable for my nexus 5 to hook it up to the TV. The guy at RadioShack had no idea what I was talking about. I explained it and he handed me an HDMI to USB cable. I was like, no. That's not right. When I saw that he was the manager I was just like, uh... Thanks anyways