Black Friday 2014 Gaming Deals

spronk

FPS noob
I see these "deals" and remind myself how expensive it is to be a peasant
i'm a huge masterrace guy but it can actually be cheaper to game on console if you do it right. with best buy GCU every new game costs $48 (20% discount) and about half of them come with a $10 preorder bonus making it $38. For the first 15-25 days of a new game they trade in for $44 to best buy, essentially costing $-6 to $4 to play a new game. I always trade in new games within 2 weeks whether i play/beat them or not, and rebuy later when its on sale if I really want (super rare). Every game pretty much just works on console on day zero too, with PC so many new games have so many issues at launch or shit pisses me of like not supporting borderless fullscreen, a lot of it is publishers just not giving a fuck about PCs it feels like (and yeah I am probably not helping by buying console versions I know).

whereas on PC new games cost pretty much $40-50 and you are stuck with it forever, kinda bums me out you can't even gift a steam game to someone if you decide its not for you. I buy a ton of bundle games but end of the day I'd rather play a $100m studio game like GTA or Assassins Creed than a small indie like bastion.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Planning to finally get a PS4 this Black Friday (or at least by Christmas) so I can take advantage of the free Destiny upgrade from my PS3 version. Hoping Amazon, or someone, has a good deal on JUST the PS4 console. I don't have any interest the bundle (have GTA5 on PS3 already and rented/beat TLOU).

Thanks for posting the deals guys. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
i'm a huge masterrace guy but it can actually be cheaper to game on console if you do it right. with best buy GCU every new game costs $48 (20% discount) and about half of them come with a $10 preorder bonus making it $38. For the first 15-25 days of a new game they trade in for $44 to best buy, essentially costing $-6 to $4 to play a new game. I always trade in new games within 2 weeks whether i play/beat them or not, and rebuy later when its on sale if I really want (super rare). Every game pretty much just works on console on day zero too, with PC so many new games have so many issues at launch or shit pisses me of like not supporting borderless fullscreen, a lot of it is publishers just not giving a fuck about PCs it feels like (and yeah I am probably not helping by buying console versions I know).

whereas on PC new games cost pretty much $40-50 and you are stuck with it forever, kinda bums me out you can't even gift a steam game to someone if you decide its not for you. I buy a ton of bundle games but end of the day I'd rather play a $100m studio game like GTA or Assassins Creed than a small indie like bastion.
While I heavily disagree with preferring $100m AAA if you PC game correctly you're not paying very much either. As long as you aren't forcing yourself to play every new game you can buy, and own forever, year old games for like $5-$7.50. Granted I don't replay games all the time but there are quite a few that I pick and play here and there.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Planning to finally get a PS4 this Black Friday (or at least by Christmas) so I can take advantage of the free Destiny upgrade from my PS3 version. Hoping Amazon, or someone, has a good deal on JUST the PS4 console. I don't have any interest the bundle (have GTA5 on PS3 already and rented/beat TLOU).

Thanks for posting the deals guys. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
You should just buy the black friday bundle edition, then sell the games on ebay or whatever.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah that is definitely an option. Wasn't sure how that works though if the included games are digital copies.
Think only TLOU on the bundle is digital - PS4 bundles for the official part are always physical so far.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get my bonus this weekend and was going to use that to buy a PS4. I can't help but at least take a second glance at the XBox one, but the old school Japanese fan in me (Atlus and Nippon Ichi mainly) doesn't want to lock myself out of that region. But 329 with games is a pretty dang good deal.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the xbox one is definitely the superior deal this black friday, its been some mind blowing deals, basically down to $250 or so for just the console if you sell the bundled games, maybe even $200 with the $50 target or meijer gift card. Walmart is doing a black xbox one for $330 with $30 gc and Halo MC included so also down to the $250 level. PS4 is closer to $330 if you sell gta5/TLOU.

It also looks like Sony isn't going to do a big discount on PS+ this year like last year ($30 everywhere) so thats gonna suck too. Don't think any xbox live deals are happening either.

Walmart Black Friday deals are out:
http://weeklyads.walmart.com/hosted/...lyer_id=281904

$329 Halo Master Chief Collection Xbox One Bundle with $30 Giftcard
$99 4 GB Xbox 360

$37:
Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Pack (All platforms)
Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack (All Platforms)

$35:
Mario Kart 8 Wii U

$25:
Assassins's Creed Rogue Xbox 360
Borderlands the Pre Sequel Xbox 360

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This isn't really a Black Friday deal, but it's a deal none the less.

Groupon is selling standard PS4 units for full price. $399. However, if you use the gift code "SALE", you get a quick $40 off. So PS4 for $359 + tax.
Sony 500GB PlayStation4 Console | Groupon
Ps4 can frequently be had for $360 on eBay daily deals as well. Probably better than the BF bundle of you can get it tax free and don't have interest in the bundled games

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Loosely related to BF, Walmarts will now be matching pricing on Amazon.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That target Xbox bundle looks pretty good, so does the remastered master chief collection. I already have a ps4 and wii U, quick bros someone talk me out of buying an xboner.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wonder if the WiiU is going to dip below $299 in any of these sales, I'd consider picking one up for the kids.

spronk

FPS noob
toys r sad is out, they really seem to be pushing skylanders
ToysRUs Black Friday Ad for ToysRUs Black Friday 2014 at BFAds.net

i haven't seen any stellar wii u bf deals but imo buying the "refurb" unit straight from nintendo for $205+tax is the best deal. you get a brand new unit and aren't saddled with crap games. this week target has a b2g1f deal on all games - could get bayonetta, MK8, and one of the marios or zeldas for a good starting point for you and the kids. Only thing left then is Smash next week.
Shop Nintendo | Nintendo Online Store

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks, we will probably go that route. Just got to figure out what games we would get, probably two games for them and one for me (bayonetta). Plus we still got a decent amount of Wii games (I assume it still plays those).

spronk

FPS noob
if you are a sams club member they will be selling the white Destiny PS4 bundle for $399 this saturday (and also on BF I believe) from 7am - close, there are usually deals to get a sams club membership from groupon/livingsocial for like $45 and you get a $20gc and $40 in food coupons (free chicken, turkey slices, etc) so worth it if one is in your nearby vicinity. The white destiny bundle comes with a white PS4, white controller, and a disc version of Destiny (that does have do not resell on it).

i think the black friday bundle of GTA5 (physical) + TLOU (digital) for $399 is a better deal but if you really like white