Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2019

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I picked up a Roku Ultra for $50 at Target. My only complaint about it is due to Amazon bs that they pulled the Twitch app on it. I like using my Ultra a lot better for streaming than my PS4, just due to not having to charge the controller all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I picked up a Roku Ultra for $50 at Target. My only complaint about it is due to Amazon bs that they pulled the Twitch app on it. I like using my Ultra a lot better for streaming than my PS4, just due to not having to charge the controller all the time.

I got a working Twitch app on my Roku tho. There is one that works.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Huh... friend of mine got a fancy new oled 4k tv and it was weird that we couldn't find a twitch app for it. Was it because Amazon pulled the app from WebOS devices?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals went off like a wet fart. They keep getting worse and worse, it seems. Honestly, you can find similar deals all year long just by browsing slickdeals. I got a new pair of shoes and the TCL 6 series OLED for the living room, but both were at/near prices that I've seen before.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Black Friday is mostly just a time for me to get DVDs (yes im oldskool i guess), though this year we also got a 50" modern tv (why did we not do this earlier?). You can find most newly released series on Amazon for $10, which is pretty nice. Supernatural, Green Arrow, GoT, etc etc. Only ive noticed the past 2 years that Target has been doing the same thing, and selling cheaper movies in some cases. Movies that sell for $8 or $6 at Amazon will sell for $6 and $4 at Target. Target often beats Walmart, too, go figure. And those are fairly new releases. Its one of the reasons we only hit theaters once or thrice a year - its far cheaper to just buy the movie.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals went off like a wet fart. They keep getting worse and worse, it seems. Honestly, you can find similar deals all year long just by browsing slickdeals. I got a new pair of shoes and the TCL 6 series OLED for the living room, but both were at/near prices that I've seen before.

I made a killing buying clothes, but PC stuff I saved $15.

whoo

<Silver Donator>
Wait, why do you think kreg screws are ugly? Part of the point of them is you can't see them (unless you mean the hole?).

Kreg screws are strong and easy. Use that for the carcase of the cabinets and get the hole inserts. Also save time and get pre-finished plywood (at least one side - the inside) from a limber supplier. Make frame and panel doors. You should be able to do that without a dado blade.

If you need dados, you can make multiple passes with the standard blade or use a router.

Siliconemelons

I got m,y 14" Dell Inspieron that was 130$

Its a celeron, intel graphics 4gb ram and a 64gb MMC SSD...33gb usable after OS.

I always love /good/ cheap tech, and this is that. This little thing has surprised me.

Sometimes you get a peice of cheap tech and it feels cheap and looks cheap - usually I am okay with that part of the equitation - however, while its all plastic - it has decent texture on the outside and keyboard side- and the plastic is thick feeling and is does not have hollow sounding spots if you tap on it.

Now, performance - this is were sometimes cheap stuff is just sad... I expect out of the box the thing to do whatever the thing was made to do- you can get cheap 35$ android tablets that can barely function the home screen UI, dont respond to taps to open apps, and generally are actually completely useless.

This thing however, runs windows 10 home fine, I am sure it self-scaled its UI down to low, but everything responds and runs fine. FireFox, Edge, IE all run websites with no issues and the office suite runs quickly and loads fast - I am sure this is much assisted by its SSD, while small, does improve load speed.

Also the speakers on this thing are CLEAR and LOUD - very surprised by this as speakers on cheapo tech are usually the most crappy things on earth.

The dumb thing was 30$ more than a Windows 10 key and so far well worth it..

Plays Project1999 EQ fine :) hahah

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Im pretty sure its proven that deals are the same or better the two weeks before xmas

• 1Like