Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Let's get this party started.

Screenshot_20191123-220904_Chrome.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
who the fuck has the time to stand out in the cold for a few dollar savings? do cyber monday, shopping from your gaming chair is the correct way

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I thought they were called the same thing.

Should I change the title of this to black friday / cyber monday? I don't care about the brick & mortar stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought they were called the same thing.

Should I change the title of this to black friday / cyber monday? I don't care about the brick & mortar stuff.
black friday is stand in line on thursday midnight, cybermonday is wake up monday morning and click buy on computer (and where online only stores like amazon/newegg go ham)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
As usual, Lanx is over-generalizing, and is only half correct. BF is not in-store only, with most places selling the stuff not only online, but also well before actual BF to the point of being a week long sale. CM is usually a continuation of the same sales, and is also often available to buy in-store.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
black friday is stand in line on thursday midnight, cybermonday is wake up monday morning and click buy on computer (and where online only stores like amazon/newegg go ham)
stand in lin and then get trampled by the angry mob trying to get half price on some dumb shit which will break in 6 months. just about the time you will be recovering from your coma and starting physical therapy for your broken spine.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thing to look out for is the early access deals, like amazon will have early access for bf and cm only if order through alexa

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm keeping an eye on a few sites because we're looking for a new TV, and one that can handle Disney+ at that. Our current TV is... old. Not really looking to shell out more than $300 or so. Don't need some mega-giant-super big thing, but the biggest/best reviewed that falls within the budget.

Also, Bestbuy and Walmart are looking to have some decent DVDs at low prices. See if they can give Amazon a run for their money. It's certainly the best time of the year to pick up series and shit at Amazon, though sometimes they'll have lower prices AFTER BF, but before Xmas. (not referring to CM) Go figure.

And of course keeping an eye out for any good deals on Pokemon cards for the kid, though not sure anyone does that.

This is 2019, if you're standing in line on BF, you're doing it wrong.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'd really like to find some >20" monitor/tv/tablet options with touch screens that I can use for a kiosk type display. On the off chance that someone trips over a deal on something like that.

Scopes too. ;)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
thing to look out for is the early access deals, like amazon will have early access for bf and cm only if order through alexa

Less crying slant eye and more posting deals so I don’t have to research.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm keeping an eye on a few sites because we're looking for a new TV, and one that can handle Disney+ at that. Our current TV is... old. Not really looking to shell out more than $300 or so. Don't need some mega-giant-super big thing, but the biggest/best reviewed that falls within the budget.

Also, Bestbuy and Walmart are looking to have some decent DVDs at low prices. See if they can give Amazon a run for their money. It's certainly the best time of the year to pick up series and shit at Amazon, though sometimes they'll have lower prices AFTER BF, but before Xmas. (not referring to CM) Go figure.

And of course keeping an eye out for any good deals on Pokemon cards for the kid, though not sure anyone does that.

• 3Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Bigger but more expensive.

The Hisense TVs have been grading out really well the last few years.

I'd go here to look at BF prices on TVs rated by my go to ratings site.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw those TCL smart hd tvs at wallyworld for dirt cheap. 55 inch 4k for around 300 bucks. That was 3 weeks ago. I can vouch for those . I bought one for my mom a year and a half ago and she watches the shit out of it. It was a 32 inch 720p, but looks fine at that size. Paid 125 for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because Black Friday is on the latest possible day of the year (which would mean less shopping days between it and Christmas) expect a lot of deals to be out on Monday if they aren't already. Tradition means nothing in the face of $$$ per day.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Anyone knowledgeable on laptops? Haven’t spent much time catching up, but looking for something in the ~500 range. 15”+, don’t care about shit like touchscreen but want a 1080p screen at least. Not really for gaming or anything, just looking to get the best bang for the buck.

Don’t know the difference between processors or RAM types or anything like that anymore, been out of the market too long.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Anyone knowledgeable on laptops? Haven’t spent much time catching up, but looking for something in the ~500 range. 15”+, don’t care about shit like touchscreen but want a 1080p screen at least. Not really for gaming or anything, just looking to get the best bang for the buck.

Don’t know the difference between processors or RAM types or anything like that anymore, been out of the market too long.
Just hit up Amazon for that. Unless you are looking for a gaming laptop you can find one with the specs you want easy as pie.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Looking for exact same thing and price range. Current laptop cant even handle 10 open tabs. Dont need a gaming rig, need a machine to do work on and browse interbuttz

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I saw those TCL smart hd tvs at wallyworld for dirt cheap. 55 inch 4k for around 300 bucks. That was 3 weeks ago. I can vouch for those . I bought one for my mom a year and a half ago and she watches the shit out of it. It was a 32 inch 720p, but looks fine at that size. Paid 125 for it.

Yeah I bought a TCL 44" 4K for PS4 gaming and could not be happier. Great TV.

Only thing that stinks is that the Roku remote sucks batteries dry like a mofo.

• 1Like