Black Mirror(UK) Season 2

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just watched the first episode of this series, "The National Anthem". It was one of the most unbelievably stupid & unrealistic things I have ever seen. Even as satire, it was just dumb. Surely this gets better...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the first episode of this series, "The National Anthem". It was one of the most unbelievably stupid & unrealistic things I have ever seen. Even as satire, it was just dumb. Surely this gets better...
Too autistic to understand satire?

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Unbelievable was it?

You may have noticed that the Internet is in meltdown over allegations David Cameron put his naughty bits into a dead pig?s mouth.

The apparent Piers Gaveston Society initiation ceremony is all people can talk about.

You may also have made the grim comparison between these allegations ? made in ex-Tory peer Lord Ashcroft?s explosive biography ? and the dark plot from Black Mirror: The National Anthem.
Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker denies knowledge of David Cameron piggate | Metro News

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The show will fuck you up. It's really far out, but very plausible. It shows a hellish existence.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Too autistic to understand satire?
Definitely trying to split the middle in satire with a level of realism, and the realism side was so realistically far-fetched it was not plausible. The population would sway their opinion to hope the PM would fuck a pig on live TV? Right. Even as satire it was definitely not a shining example. Was able to get in half of the 2nd episode, it did seem better.

edit: Fucking David Cameron. Ok fair enough. Regardless, the idea that the incident would play out the way it did on national television is ridiculous. Even good satire needs to hold to realism, or there is no buy in. In this day and age of terrorism there is no way the government would let their Prime Minister do some shit like that.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The following episode,15 Million Merits, is probably the best of the entire series.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The White Christmas special episode is fucking haunting. Imagine being trapped like that for a seemingly infinite time. Fuck.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't even get the problem. If that same thing happened in America, I guaran-fucking-tee every single one of us and every single person we know would watch it on tv and think it was hysterical, at least until it started actually happening. That's kind of the point, it's a funny joke that is actually horrifying in reality.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My issue lies more with the fact that with the way we treat terrorism, it would never happen in the first place. To me it was completely, unrealistic. I don't see any major government ever caving to something like that. The actual act of him fucking the pig I didn't really find "haunting". Rather hilarious, just because of the situation as a whole. Probably comes from the fact that I could never imagine that happening.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That Terrorism style episode was really twisted. The one where the girl wakes up in an apartment then has to run for her life from these crazy people in masks and stuff.

This show is frightening, if you think about things like that happening in a "real life" situation.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched the first two episodes of this show. Is it a one episode story type of show or is there continuity and a season long plot?

Rime

<Donor>
I watched the first two episodes of this show. Is it a one episode story type of show or is there continuity and a season long plot?
It is one-offs. There has not been (up to this point, who knows what the Netflix long season will do) any sort of story that is told between the episodes.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's always kinda funny when you spend so much time watching an actor and have no idea that he was English after watching him in a movie (main character in second episode, American accent in Sicario). Remember telling a family member that Idris Elba was indeed English. Blew his mind after seeing him as Stringer Bell forever.