Black Mirror

Qhue

Trump's Staff
God damn but I love this crazy anthology show. I think we all need a bit of Twilight Zone in our collective gestalt to give our rational everyday lives a swift kick in the shorts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
GF is into this show, I can't handle it. It's fucking dark and way to close to what is possible in; now, 5 , 10, 15 years.

It's a plausible horror show, no thanks.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
I only watched up to hang the dj so far but i feel this seasons pretty lame, none of them have stood out like 'White Christmas' or 'Shut up and Dance' to me, rip

they're all pretty predictable after a few mins of the episode lol

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The quality of this show is really surprising, considering they produce a brand new concept, cast, and story-line every episode. Two thumbs way up.

My favorite episodes are: White Christmas, Nose Dive, Playtest, Hated in the Nation, Shut Up and Dance, USS Calister, and Black Museum.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just started re-watching Black Mirror all over again. I saw the first 2 seasons and the Christmas special as they aired, and it was great. Then I only ever got around to watching the first episode of season 3. I've heard so many people say how great the newest season is that I'm just going to re-watch everything all over again. Fortunately it's only 6 episodes until I see an ep that I never saw before. Can't wait.

I watched the first two tonight. The pig one didn't bother me at all. I remember thinking it was strange the first time around, but whatever.
With the 15 million credits episode, I really wish that he went mass murder on those judges, instead of holding it to his own neck. That would have automatically given him a slot on hot shots for some kind of morbid entertainment. Especially with that society of entertainment based everything.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
USS Callister was great, Archangel was depressing. Gonna be a while for me to work up the nerve to watch the rest.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've seen all of season 1 and 2 now. Next up is the Christmas special.

The Entire History of You was ugly. That lawyer guy starts off as being a good dude, then quickly loses his shit. I dislike him greatly. Stupid fucking drunk.

Be Right Back was sad. As soon as the girl passed the pregnancy test, I started to tear up. I guess being a father IRL is enough to put added emotions on shit like that. It was sad.

White Bear was perfect as always. Perpetual torture machine. I guess she doesn't need to eat?

Waldo was a huge douche. As far as it running for office, they said it was waldo controlled by x. But when x was fired, the Waldo character was able to continue. It should have been an absolute negative, because the "new" Waldo wasn't the person that was running.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We are apparently getting a 'surprise' Black Mirror movie on Dec 28th called Black Mirror : Bandersnatch, a 90 min special episode.

• 3Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Apparently James Cameron is popularly rumored to have actually fucked a pig. So that explains a bit more about S1E1 for non british viewers. A bit of a nod and a wink to urban legend.

Or maybe he did fuck a pig. Who knows. That's between him and the pig, I reckon.

• 1Jonesing

iannis

Musty Nester
That's really interesting.

I dunno of Black Mirror can pull it off, but they probably have the best hope of it. It would be laughed at as a very stupid gimmick if most anyone else tried.

It's still obviously a gimmick... but it fits really well with the overall theme of that show.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone watch that new movie/episode yet? Came out today!

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I felt it was too gimmicky and fell short of what you'd expect from a typical Black Mirror episode.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Did a single path through the story and wasn't terribly impressed. I get what is was trying to do but it wasn't subtle enough and the gimick just messed with the experience. I was considering going through some other options but elected to watch Brazil instead which was far better.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh I thought it was just a regular hour and 35 minute episode or something. There is a gimmick? Is it choose your own adventure something or other?

Edit: Ok just read up on it and only glanced the trailer. I'll give this a shot and see what happens.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

read there are 5 major endings, with variations of each
90ish mins for the straight path story
150 ish mins to get the full story line
312 minutes of total footage

• 1Like