Black Myth Wukong

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Because they release a trailer once a year where it looks to be in roughly the same state as the year before?
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

This playable demo was provided to trial players. It has a level map and multiple boss combat experiences. This was taken from someone live streaming a few days ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This looks good. The gameplay reminds me of Wo Long, maybe Nioh? That sort of "fast Souls" type of gameplay. It being UE5 and next-gen only is also very welcome at this point.

From the name and the staff, I'm guessing this is based on the Monkey King Legend (probably most known for being what Dragonball was based on).

Goonsquad Officer
Man I was like "is this about that black ninja like from assassins creed? " then I come here and see that thumbnail with a samurai chimp....

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is this the first real PS5 game built ground-up in UE5? Unfortunately it's probably gonna be one of those "framerate or nice visuals?" situations where I have to drop the settings down to "normal game" level for it to move quickly. I mean if they can just get the FPS up to like 50 while including ray tracing, high-res etc, then it really loses nothing. Spider-Man 2 managed to do that.

Unsure how pumped I am for this. A UE5 Soulslike sounds like an incredible time. That last trailer was pretty weird though.

So did Piccolo.

dragon ball super GIF by Funimation

Dragonball Super was pretty mediocre for the most part, but man that last 30 or so episode arc with them losing flight powers and having to work together to win an intergalactic Royal Rumble was fantastic.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1716661958024.jpeg

160 enemy types-- the 80 bosses was the most surprising.

Moved up my watch list. It's back on the radar.

• 1Mother of God

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'll admit, when I first saw the first trailer years ago, I thought it would amount to little more than a tech demo. Glad I was wrong.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Likewise, figured it would be a janky mashup of the genre-- trying to cash in on games that came before it.

It's looking like less of a meme and more of something worth a serious look at what they put together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s going to end up with some impressiveness as well as janky/shallowness

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got high hopes for this one, will definitely play it. A little concerned that it suffer on current consoles though. If it were a PS6 launch game (or even made for PS5 Pro or something) I feel like the visual fidelity would be able to reach its full potential outside of a PC version. The battle in the snow field where the snow on the ground changes due to your movement, for instance, I don't know how PS5 will be able to handle that with the kind of fidelity they're aiming at. Will most likely be another of those games that has to have a really sucky framerate in order to at-all reach its visual potential, like FF7 Rebirth, and I'll end up playing it on FPS mode instead with way-diminshed visuals.

TLDR: Can't wait for PS6 and presumable 4K/60 so I stop having to pick between the two when I get a visual masterpiece but want it to be playable.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got high hopes for this one, will definitely play it. A little concerned that it suffer on current consoles though. If it were a PS6 launch game (or even made for PS5 Pro or something) I feel like the visual fidelity would be able to reach its full potential outside of a PC version. The battle in the snow field where the snow on the ground changes due to your movement, for instance, I don't know how PS5 will be able to handle that with the kind of fidelity they're aiming at. Will most likely be another of those games that has to have a really sucky framerate in order to at-all reach its visual potential, like FF7 Rebirth, and I'll end up playing it on FPS mode instead with way-diminshed visuals.

TLDR: Can't wait for PS6 and presumable 4K/60 so I stop having to pick between the two when I get a visual masterpiece but want it to be playable.
What do you mean by fidelity? I’ve been seeing people use this word lately to describe visuals but seem to use it in different ways. Is it referring to resolution?