Black Panther (2018)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
second rotten review
b970c76618dbf48c2b5c9c5ee0a080db.png

TLDR: womyn says black panther isn't as good as wonder womyn

When I read her review, this came to my mind...

giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I love it when a plan comes together - old Irish proverb

imageproxy.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 4Picard
Reactions: 12 users

Cybsled

So do we have any reviews from anyone that isn't a SJW or Red Pill edge lord?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm seeing it on Friday, so I'll give you an unbiased review. Realistically though, I always give Marvel movies positive reviews. You guys see shit in all of them, but when I go, I have a great time and enjoy watching it.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
you mean next friday? it opens thursday, be tons of reviews and stuff thursday night. i'll be seeing it thursday night, i think it'll be all right and pretty good, but i'm pretty sure all the cringe-y social media ("NOW CAN WE HAVE ALL BLACK CAST MOVIES", "WOMEN ARE POWERFUL TOO", yadda yadda) will make it really hard to talk about with randos

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm hoping the SJW infection is mostly outside the movie itself. Because holy shit is the media/propaganda surrounding the movie obnoxious at this point.

If they let the actual movie get terribly infected, then it'll be the first official black mark against the MCU as far as I'm concerned.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
you mean next friday? it opens thursday, be tons of reviews and stuff thursday night. i'll be seeing it thursday night, i think it'll be all right and pretty good, but i'm pretty sure all the cringe-y social media ("NOW CAN WE HAVE ALL BLACK CAST MOVIES", "WOMEN ARE POWERFUL TOO", yadda yadda) will make it really hard to talk about with randos
Usually I go on opening night, but my wife has work Thursday, so I need to stay home with the kids. It sucks, but that's life. The very next showing is Friday at noon, so I'll be there.

Royal

Not really a trailer but more of a history of BP/Wakanda in the MCU piece.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"We cannot continue to recklessly support these conglomerates, allowing them to profit off of us without demanding something more than just their products in return"

It's time for white people to demand Cracker Barrel subsidize our mortgages.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

So do we have any reviews from anyone that isn't a SJW or Red Pill edge lord?

I'll bite. Mark Kermode isn't one of the geek culture reviewers but a very traditional film critic. He's British so the film snob vibe is pretty much a given.

For something that comes of decidedly less high brow:

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I love it when a plan comes together - old Irish proverb

imageproxy.jpg

A second bad review has hit the towers

BLACK PANTHER
SYNOPSIS:
After the events of Captain America: Civil War, T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman) returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy (Michael B. Jordan) reappears on the radar, T'Challa's rule as King and Black Panther is tested as he becomes drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.

Review by Louise Keller:
The trouble with the highly anticipated Black Panther is that it doesn't know what it wants to be: super hero extravaganza, activist action flick, James Bond wannabe or Coming to America. Yes, writer director Ryan Coogler has much to answer for. But will the fans care? Probably not. First and foremost it is championed as the first black superhero movie. In that it succeeds.

Dialogue heavy with a confused sense of place, this mega-budget Marvel marvel might be a misfire for anyone beyond the fan-base, but it does have colourful moments. Rhinos in armory, athletic warriors with stunning profiles and nippled breastplates, traditional African lip plates, spectacular waterfalls, intense battle scenes and two passionate contenders for the throne of Wakanda, who represent good and evil. Hell hath no fury as a crazed African...

The first challenge is the screenplay. Patience is required to sit through the stilted dialogue as the exposition tries to find its rhythms. The 134 minute running time drags. When the rhythms of Africa kick in, things start to look up. Looking down the cast list there is no shortage of talent, including Forest Whitaker as the Black Panther's mentor, Lupita Nyong'o as a free-spirited beauty, Andy Serkis as a nasty arms dealer, Martin Freeman as a CIA agent, Angela Bassett and Letitia Wright as the mother and sister. The locations (Atlanta and South Korea) look impressive, although Coogler flits from one location to the next; we are not sure where are supposed to be. In the battle scenes I was confused as to who was fighting whom. As for Ludwig Goransson's music score, it is dirge-like, weighing down the action instead of giving it the desired lift.

One of the funniest lines of dialogue - and certainly the most incongruous - comes when the two rivals come face to face after a long absence. 'Whassup?' Michael B. Jordan's Erik Killmonger spouts to Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa, As a hero, Boseman delivers admirably (we first met him in 2016's Captain America: Civil War), although the character is a tad earnest. Jordan makes a fine villain. He has attitude. And dreadlocks. There is no shortage of action; on display are the Black Panther's superhero skills and the power struggle for the amazing vibranium: a miracle fix-it that acts as everything - from weapon to healer.

Where Wonder Woman soared, Black Panther struggles, but there is plenty of potential for more next time around. Perhaps the script will flow better.

Last edited:

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I'll bite. Mark Kermode isn't one of the geek culture reviewers but a very traditional film critic. He's British so the film snob vibe is pretty much a given.

What a worthless reviewer.

Ensemble cast
Ensemble cast
Ensemble cast
Ensemble cast
Ensemble cast

There, I saved everyone 7 minutes. He actually looked down at notes, LOL.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
I'm just ignoring everything until after I've seen the movie. Marvel hasn't put a legit bad movie yet. Mediocre? Sure, a lot of the early movies (Cap 1, Thor 1, IM2) were mediocre, but nowhere near bad.

Edit: Don't care if The Incredible Hulk is technically an MCU movie, still not counting it

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
All of the nonsense swirling around this movie from all sides brings into depressing focus everything that I can't stand about modern humanity. This planet is stupid.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users