Black Panther (2018)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

Why can I actually detect his accent solely through mouth movements.

fucking gypsies

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

I just wanted to also point out the fact that this guy's review got singled out and posted on a board like this is evidence of one of the reasons this movie was never going to sail through RT with a perfect critics rating. Any negative reviews at this point in the game are going to get a lot of attention. That attention equals exposure, eyeballs, and web hits. It was only a matter of time before some would say gimmie some of that, especially if they didn't actually like it and go about it with the right sorts of criticisms. Like this guy. He basically knocked it for not being the low engagement action flick he was looking for. Some will look at that as a compliment to the movie in spite of the rotten rating.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He basically knocked it for not being the low engagement action flick he was looking for. Some will look at that as a compliment to the movie in spite of the rotten rating.

I feel like that's the go to neg for some reviewers that only confirms to most people wanting to see it that they will indeed want to go see it. It would be like if a reviewer gave a neg review to Pacific Rim 2 because there were too many fight scenes between giant robots an aliens, and not enough deep, meaningful dialogue for his/her tastes.

Malakriss

If I wanted a popcorn flick where i could shut my brain off and enjoy some action and low brow comedy I would pursue Disney's other offerings like The Last Jedi. I expect a Marvel movie to be a bit more intelligent.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Merrith

If I wanted a popcorn flick where i would need to shut my brain off and enjoy some action and low brow comedy I would pursue Disney's other offerings like The Last Jedi. I expect a Marvel movie to be a bit more intelligent.

FTFY

Royal

I feel like that's the go to neg for some reviewers that only confirms to most people wanting to see it that they will indeed want to go see it. It would be like if a reviewer gave a neg review to Pacific Rim 2 because there were too many fight scenes between giant robots an aliens, and not enough deep, meaningful dialogue for his/her tastes.

Yeah. It's also interesting that he rated it 3/5 which if you put that on a 10 pt scale would be a 6, so a positive rating for an RT critic review. Their system is set up to push movies towards an overall positive rating but he ignored that to get that neg in there.

I'll be glad when these wide net aggregator ratings have had their last day in the sun. They get way more attention than they should, especially RT.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
When its something like that they will contact the reviewer and ask if they want it negative

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I typically trust Charlie's reviews. He may lean on the fanboy side of most Marvel / StarWars / Disney movies but so do I so how he typically feels is how I do as well. Sounds like BP is on a good course. I was worried with it being so close to A:IW but it may actually generate a little hype for the movie. Anyone know what direction they took the Post Credit scene?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I typically trust Charlie's reviews. He may lean on the fanboy side of most Marvel / StarWars / Disney movies but so do I so how he typically feels is how I do as well. Sounds like BP is on a good course. I was worried with it being so close to A:IW but it may actually generate a little hype for the movie. Anyone know what direction they took the Post Credit scene?

I sincerely hope BP is fucking awesome. I enjoy all the movies of both universes. And it's so fun watching a good movie. I don't care about the SJW shit, but I do hope it's not some "africans are so much smarter than white people" shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I sincerely hope BP is fucking awesome. I enjoy all the movies of both universes. And it's so fun watching a good movie. I don't care about the SJW shit, but I do hope it's not some "africans are so much smarter than white people" shit.

Do you think asia would riot if the movie showed a bollywood actress and an asian actress falling in love and kissing black panther

• 3Worf

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Fuck Asians and those racists.

Also I am Asian. But not one those racist Asian. Just an American not racist Asian. Mostly. I hate a lot of other Asians. Mostly the racists ones.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

as long as you realize that Charlie is being paid by the studios and thats how he gets perks like early screenings and which is also why he never badmouths anything. sure, he is ok.

edit-
wait for red letter media's review. they dont give a fuck about any studios, fans or friends. just dont watch too long, because Mike gives no fucks about spoiler warnings either.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Taking reviews for this with a grain of salt, the fear of "RACIST!!!" is real.

Thank god for the Irish tho.

Who am I kidding, I wont watch this anyway. I like to think I might, but I wont.

Edit: Might Netflix it if Red Letter is positive . . .

• 3Picard

Royal

as long as you realize that Charlie is being paid by the studios and thats how he gets perks like early screenings and which is also why he never badmouths anything. sure, he is ok.

edit-
wait for red letter media's review. they dont give a fuck about any studios, fans or friends. just dont watch too long, because Mike gives no fucks about spoiler warnings either.

But you're just a paid shill for RLM so why should anyone listen to you?

• 4Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
second rotten review
b970c76618dbf48c2b5c9c5ee0a080db.png

TLDR: womyn says black panther isn't as good as wonder womyn

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So she's easily confused by super hero movies. That sounds about right. Maybe if it were called "When T'Challa Met Nakia" it would be more up her ally. Or possibly even "Beauty and the Panther".

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users