Black Panther (2018)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The Oakland scenes were filmed in Atlanta, I found that hilarious for some reason. I guess all ghettos look alike?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Figures Andy Serkis would be the best part of a movie all about black people. Also found it funny that an African American wanted to kill all white people because a black person killed his thieving dad

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The Oakland scenes were filmed in Atlanta, I found that hilarious for some reason. I guess all ghettos look alike?

More like most big cities look alike. At least enough alike for one to easily stand in for another. Marvel also shot Ant-Man, CA:CW, SMH, A&W, and both IW movies in Atlanta. GotGv2 as well but that was obviously mostly on a sound stage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Georgia The Entertainment Industry Investment Act offers an across the board flat, one-time transferrable, tax credit of 20 percent based on a minimum investment of $500,000 on qualified productions in Georgia. An additional 10 percent Georgia Entertainment Promotion uplift can be earned by including an imbedded animated Georgia logo on approved projects. There is no cap on spending in Georgia. The state also offers a sales & use tax exemption. Qualified companies can get an immediate pointof-purchase sales tax exemption that will save productions up to 8 percent on most below-the-line materials and service purchases or rentals. There is no per-project or annual program cap for film incentives. The program has no sunset date.

http://www.ncsl.org/Portals/1/Documents/fiscal/2018StateFilmIncentivePrograms_20189.pdf

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Pretty normal for movies to film wherever the tax is best. And once you're talking Disney money for FX, set design, etc.., it probably doesn't matter anyhow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So many things bother me about this movie.
For those saying it was "too dark", did you see it in 3D? I saw it in 2D, and my theater must have just changed the bulb on the projector cuz when it'd flash the sun the shit was blindingly bright. Only scenes that were dark were when they were underground without any artificial lighting.

The tribal fight at the end was decidedly bright as fuck, too . Also, fuck stupid armored super-rhinos. Killing Claw was also a mistake, and he should have been the primary villain, then we could have avoided the cheesy fight between two black "penthers" (as their fake accents made it sound).

Also, it doesn't take place entirely in Africa. The first third of the movie is in South Korea. Also Oakland, CA, and London.

Saw it normal in a really good theatre.

Movie just bugs me on every level. Lip discs, kilts with shields, and a super advanced civilization based around monarchies and choosing new leaders with violence and dog barking. The fuck. Totally a missed opportunity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I mean the Oakland part was literally just a basketball court, an apartment outside and inside so could have been filmed anywhere.

Where did Claw get his weapon from, by the way? Thats one thing that never made any sense to me, maybe it was from a previous movie but its clearly vibranium tech but seems pretty custom. The vibranium shit was pretty cringe, like I understand vibranium as the strongest metal but then it became this magic thing that could do anything.

I'd totally be down for being the only white dude living in Wakanda though, every hot chick would want to bang you and you don't have to worry about AIDS because vibranium would cure it. You'd be every black persons token white friend too. My wife was wondering though like how they pick which people get to live in the nice city with all the tech and which people have to live in the poor parts in huts and shit, seems kinda... unequal.

I did find it super ironic that the people of Wakanda basically just rolled with a guy who wanted to kill millions or billions, "gotta follow orders!"

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The vibranium shit was pretty cringe, like I understand vibranium as the strongest metal but then it became this magic thing that could do anything.

That was established within the MCU in AoU. Remember Ulton quipped that it was the most versatile substance on Earth and the elder Stark used it to make a frisbee. It bound itself to Vision's synthetic flesh on the molecular level when he was created.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My wife was wondering though like how they pick which people get to live in the nice city with all the tech and which people have to live in the poor parts in huts and shit, seems kinda... unequal.

Wife asked the same thing, I responded, "They probably choose to live on the skirts?" I mean, they pretty much have everything provided, are protected, and can have their happy little house on the prairie lifestyle.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He went to Wakanda's School of Advanced Physics? Read a book on Vibranium. It wasn't obvious how he learned how to modify an otherwise alien piece of equipment? Had he used to kill everyone maybe he could lecture the UN on togetherness instead of the guy with 5 warring tribes and a recent civil war that decimated his people.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
He went to Wakanda's School of Advanced Physics? Read a book on Vibranium. It wasn't obvious how he learned how to modify an otherwise alien piece of equipment? Had he used to kill everyone maybe he could lecture the UN on togetherness instead of the guy with 5 warring tribes and a recent civil war that decimated his people.
I don't know man, the question was about whether they mentioned the origin of the arm. I stated what they did mention about its origin.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
How was this Kang fest?

This thread turned to shit a long time ago. Look at this unnecessary comment. Most of you on this forum have already decided if you are going to see this or not weeks ago. Trust me, Disney won't miss your ticket sale.

The movie was very good. It was more movie than super hero movie. I had no issues with the location, nitpicks, and let's be blunt "the blackness" of the movie that have been expressed here. Some of you have problems.

Wife noted that both Human Torches are now in MCU. Also, looks like Tony Stark needs to up his game because BP pretty much outclassed him in technology with what was shown.

• 7Picard
  • 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 15 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
This thread turned to shit a long time ago. Look at this unnecessary comment. Most of you on this forum have already decided if you are going to see this or not weeks ago. Trust me, Disney won't miss your ticket sale.

The movie was very good. It was more movie than super hero movie. I had no issues with the location, nitpicks, and let's be blunt "the blackness" of the movie that have been expressed here. Some of you have problems.

Wife noted that both Human Torches are now in MCU. Also, looks like Tony Stark needs to up his game because BP pretty much outclassed him in technology with what was shown.
Lol. This faggot. All super hero movies (and comics) have mediocore writing at best, plot holes throughout, terrible acting and are just CGI fests with a dumb fucking plot.

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 13 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

holy shit, dude, you gain no virtue signalling points here, we're all assholes.

• 10Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users