Black Panther (2018)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Black Panther story was Jogger James Bond Meets The Lion King.

So fucking Disney.

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Actually maybe just recasting him would be best. I mean yes, Boseman was fantastic but it's not like he's had that much screentime. As awkward as recasting him might be, it's probably better than trying to explain his mysterious death/disappearance.

Give the role to Mahershala Ali, and then give the Blade reboot to someone who actually has action experience. Double win.

Boseman headlined one film and figured prominently in 2 others, so it is a bit harder. It isn't like an Iron Man situation where Terrance Howard got the boot and they brought in Cheadle as a replacement for Warmachine. Boseman died, so you have to toe that fine line between respecting the actor who passed away and trying to go on with a business, and it has to be done in a way where the audience isn't put off or feels insulted. Presuming they have permission, I could see Disney basically making a virtual Boseman for a new BP film, have him in costume for most of his character's screen time, then something happens where he can't be BP anymore relatively early in the film (like a heroic sacrifice) and the mantle gets passed on to someone else. That would probably be the easiest way to do it, plus it lets them remove the character, but in a heroic way and allow someone else to be Black Panther. Shuri is a logical choice because the audience is already familiar with her and you don't have to do origin story 2.0. Either that or they really get likable actor, give them some good scenes so the audience connects with them quickly, then it is less jarring when they become BP. Although that tactic would work better if they could introduce the character in another MCU film first to lay some ground work, then in BP2 the audience has some familiarity with them and they don't have to spend as much time on building them up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just pull a Terrance Howard-->Don Cheadle and move on.
And how it's explained, by Don Cheadle coming on screen as James Rhodes while Tony's in court saying something like "Hey, it's me. I know. It's weird." Great humorous way to bridge the gap without a long drawn out story.

But at the same time, they never did an explanation for Edward Norton -> Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk. It just happened.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boseman headlined one film and figured prominently in 2 others, so it is a bit harder. It isn't like an Iron Man situation where Terrance Howard got the boot and they brought in Cheadle as a replacement for Warmachine. Boseman died, so you have to toe that fine line between respecting the actor who passed away and trying to go on with a business, and it has to be done in a way where the audience isn't put off or feels insulted. Presuming they have permission, I could see Disney basically making a virtual Boseman for a new BP film, have him in costume for most of his character's screen time, then something happens where he can't be BP anymore relatively early in the film (like a heroic sacrifice) and the mantle gets passed on to someone else. That would probably be the easiest way to do it, plus it lets them remove the character, but in a heroic way and allow someone else to be Black Panther. Shuri is a logical choice because the audience is already familiar with her and you don't have to do origin story 2.0. Either that or they really get likable actor, give them some good scenes so the audience connects with them quickly, then it is less jarring when they become BP. Although that tactic would work better if they could introduce the character in another MCU film first to lay some ground work, then in BP2 the audience has some familiarity with them and they don't have to spend as much time on building them up.

Yeah but Killmonger destroyed the source of the power and Letitia Wright is fucking terrible. If they're just going to handwave away the herb I wouldn't mind M'Baku as the new ruler of Wakanda, especially since he would never let Shuri rule anyway. At least that actor has pretty great screen presence.

And they recast Dumbledore with only a few hitches. (Angry Dumbledore was pretty weird)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This movie wasn't terrible when I saw it, but all the slavery-themed shit during Killmonger's final breath was kind of super retarded. That and I thought the CGI took a -massive- dump during their final fight, compared to literally the rest of the entire movie where it looked pretty solid.

Dude was fairly young; cancer can fuck off. Hopefully they don't go forward with Shuri because as has been said, her actress is not great and the character is smarmy as fuck for absolutely no reason. Written like a much less likable Tony Stark/Doctor Strange; that kind of shit comes off badly and appeals only to shitty TikTokers. They will likely have to rewire the whole thing because of Boseman being out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah but Killmonger destroyed the source of the power and Letitia Wright is fucking terrible. If they're just going to handwave away the herb I wouldn't mind M'Baku as the new ruler of Wakanda, especially since he would never let Shuri rule anyway. At least that actor has pretty great screen presence.

And they recast Dumbledore with only a few hitches. (Angry Dumbledore was pretty weird)
lol, most wtf moment of that movie. Dumbledore, greatest wizard of anyone's lifetime, puts all kind of charms on the Goblet of Fire. no way any student could outsmart him. goblet of fire gets punked and he practically strangles harry as he asks him if he put his name in there.

• 1Dislike

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol, most wtf moment of that movie. Dumbledore, greatest wizard of anyone's lifetime, puts all kind of charms on the Goblet of Fire. no way any student could outsmart him. goblet of fire gets punked and he practically strangles harry as he asks him if he put his name in there.

Yeah the problem was mainly with the director. Mike Newell's only movie in the series was Goblet of Fire, and supposedly Rowling was less involved with the production of that movie as well. Gambon's Dumbledore was fine in movies 5-8, which were all helmed by a single director.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
QUOTE="Screamfeeder, post: 3372987, member: 1985"
You're a piece of shit astr0.

A real piece of shit.

Someone quote this so the ignoring coward can see me say it.
[/QUOTE]

It's too bad there's no way for Chuk to ever see this.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Actually maybe just recasting him would be best. I mean yes, Boseman was fantastic but it's not like he's had that much screentime. As awkward as recasting him might be, it's probably better than trying to explain his mysterious death/disappearance.

Give the role to Mahershala Ali, and then give the Blade reboot to someone who actually has action experience. Double win.
You know who I think would be a great actor to take up this role? Hes a favorite around here and has already starred in one of the best trilogies ever....
John Fucking Boyega
John.jpg

• 2Direct to DVD
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Maul

Dental Dammer

Michael Jai White pls.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Does everyone forget that in Marvel canon, BP was dead for five years? He wouldn't have been king regardless anymore, and if the BP program was reestablished, there would have been another BP already. It's clear additional suits can be made at will, and Boseman was already BPing with his father still alive. The only real question is if they had more bud lying around, or just if he was in impenetrable armor.

You could totally do a partial 'prequel' with Mbaku winning the throne / title, then Boseman walking away because he wasn't the rightful King anymore.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No suicide directives - Amod
Amod Amod

This is a movie thread and the actor tragically passed away. This piece of human garbage wormie wormie makes a Hitler-level racist statement and it's cool?

If that is how things go around here now, then fuck FOH.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Obviously political stuff and nothing related to the movie should be directed to the obvious threads. Fucking faggots.

• 1Solidarity