Black Sails

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watched a few episodes of first season and couldn’t get into this show. It’s $10 for entire series right now on Microsoft store. Is it worth it?

Its a slow pickup.

I had a family member not be able to handle the slow pacing and long cuts and dragging dialogue (only at times, not always).

But it has entire episodes that have drag on them. This is one you have to grind out to appreciate. Whether you are willing to do that or not is on you.

The payoffs are there though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
great show overall but it does go through some slow sections here and there, probably a few more slow areas then I think is reasonable in a series of that size and they could last aw hile, but if you're into pirate shit it's probably the best thing out there

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Season 2-3 it def picks up, I went from barely being able to make it through S1 to it being one of my favourite shows.

Sterling

El Presidente
I loved Treasure Island when I read it as a kid and that certainly helped my enjoyment of this show. Also Anne Bonny is my girl.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The show would have been significantly better without Max or with a better actress in the role. Every scene with her in it was painful to watch compared to the rest of it due to that incredibly bad fake accent.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I loved Treasure Island when I read it as a kid and that certainly helped my enjoyment of this show. Also Anne Bonny is my girl.

The show made me read up on the actual history of the pirates and privateers based out of Nassau and the battles with the Spanish. Pretty fascinating stuff.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
There is a fantastic podcast, The Pirate History Podcast, that is currently 98 (!!!) episodes deep and does many deep dives into fantastic pirate history. Totally worth a sub to if you like that sort of thing. After Assassins Creed 4 and Black Sails I subtly altered our annual vacation plans to go to the Caribbean a few years visiting all the major islands and sailing on some wind jammers a few times, it was absolutely fantastic and visiting all the real life places like Nassau, Antigua, etc is amazing.

The Pirate History Podcast –

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
There is a fantastic podcast, The Pirate History Podcast, that is currently 98 (!!!) episodes deep and does many deep dives into fantastic pirate history. Totally worth a sub to if you like that sort of thing. After Assassins Creed 4 and Black Sails I subtly altered our annual vacation plans to go to the Caribbean a few years visiting all the major islands and sailing on some wind jammers a few times, it was absolutely fantastic and visiting all the real life places like Nassau, Antigua, etc is amazing.

The Pirate History Podcast –

fucking bookmarked. Something listen to when stuck in traffic

Oldbased

> Than U
Vudu and Amazon have it for $1 Season 1, $2 for Season 2 and $5 for season 3 and 4. At $13 to own forever in HD, even pirates would pay for it at that price.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Vudu and Amazon have it for $1 Season 1, $2 for Season 2 and $5 for season 3 and 4. At $13 to own forever in HD, even pirates would pay for it at that price.

Thats just pennies a Tit! Wish the hot Milf got hers out more.

tumblr_nucvlvXM8B1td6jx4o1_500.jpg

• 1Like