Black Widow (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it takes place right after Civil War, but it should have been made after Ultron or at least the first BW movie. i know Clint and BW are the "boring" Avengers, but together they might have made a decent movie. have it SHOW their old missions together. not just talk about them. it would give more weight to her sacrifice later on. it didnt need to be a big budget blockbuster, just a little film with practical effects and introduce some minor villains .

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
it takes place right after Civil War, but it should have been made after Ultron or at least the first BW movie. i know Clint and BW are the "boring" Avengers, but together they might have made a decent movie. have it SHOW their old missions together. not just talk about them. it would give more weight to her sacrifice later on. it didnt need to be a big budget blockbuster, just a little film with practical effects and introduce some minor villains .

Yeh, this had the opportunity to be a great origin story type deal with her and Hawkeye teaming up. I understand why they wanted her to stand alone for once though.

Found the movie to be pretty drab and depressing. The thing with BW breaking her own nose was super idiotic and meme-worthy. It just wasn't interesting and like we've all said already, came along way too late.

I liked Yelena a lot more than the main character TBH. Yelena has this certain Russian charm in addition to looking like a hot Scandinavian girl. She made the movie a lot more watchable. I actually didn't hate the movie at all and it was a better watch than WW84.

Has Yelena been in anything else? This seemed to be setting her up to be a semi big deal later. I assume she's in the Hawkeye show? Not paying Disney any money or watching any 10-part shows unless I get desperate for things to watch, which I don't really ever see happening.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yeh, this had the opportunity to be a great origin story type deal with her and Hawkeye teaming up. I understand why they wanted her to stand alone for once though.

Found the movie to be pretty drab and depressing. The thing with BW breaking her own nose was super idiotic and meme-worthy. It just wasn't interesting and like we've all said already, came along way too late.

I liked Yelena a lot more than the main character TBH. Yelena has this certain Russian charm in addition to looking like a hot Scandinavian girl. She made the movie a lot more watchable. I actually didn't hate the movie at all and it was a better watch than WW84.

Has Yelena been in anything else? This seemed to be setting her up to be a semi big deal later. I assume she's in the Hawkeye show? Not paying Disney any money or watching any 10-part shows unless I get desperate for things to watch, which I don't really ever see happening.
Yelena is in Hawkeye and she's great in it. D+ is worth the 8 bucks for a month to watch Hawkeye and any Marvel or Star Wars stuff you missed.

Fucker

Log Wizard

I watched it just for Pugh. She was fun to watch, and SJ looked like she'd been pounding valium.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Except for IM2 and Winter Soldier, I think Yelena is just a better Widow than Natasha. I will say Natasha worked perfectly in Winter Soldier and was her best movie. Everything else I would have ordered the Yelena character. She is the right mix of dark and funny and Russian fish-out-of-water.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1640703542354.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Except for IM2 and Winter Soldier, I think Yelena is just a better Widow than Natasha. I will say Natasha worked perfectly in Winter Soldier and was her best movie. Everything else I would have ordered the Yelena character. She is the right mix of dark and funny and Russian fish-out-of-water.
her best scenes are in the first Avengers. when she first gets the call and shes tied up talking to Fury. then when dealing with Hulk. later she came in crucial by dicking around with Loki. you guys are getting your blonde boners in the way of your ginger boners. Scarlet was a more than competent BW, she didnt need to be killed off. they just wanted her gone because she isnt in her prime young guy boner material anymore. she's still hot to us old men, but dudebro who just turned 18 is turning to his other dudebro and saying, "man she looks like my mom". cant have that.

Scarlet is 37
Florence Pugh is only 25

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
her best scenes are in the first Avengers. when she first gets the call and shes tied up talking to Fury. then when dealing with Hulk. later she came in crucial by dicking around with Loki. you guys are getting your blonde boners in the way of your ginger boners. Scarlet was a more than competent BW, she didnt need to be killed off. they just wanted her gone because she isnt in her prime young guy boner material anymore. she's still hot to us old men, but dudebro who just turned 18 is turning to his other dudebro and saying, "man she looks like my mom". cant have that.

Scarlet is 37
Florence Pugh is only 25
Its not looks. Its character personality. Natasha just got to be a debbie downer 24/7. Its why I liked her in WS. She has some comedy and some fucking around. Yelena is just a more fun to watch character.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its not looks. Its character personality. Natasha just got to be a debbie downer 24/7. Its why I liked her in WS. She has some comedy and some fucking around. Yelena is just a more fun to watch character.
if the story called for her to be more bubbly and happy, then thats what it would be. her character was serious business and thats how she played it. its how she was directed to play it. before the "all women are Mary Sues" era you had to be a serious woman to be taken seriously by men. now all you need is to have a vagina and your skills outmatch any man. Pugh didnt impress me in this movie as any more qualified for the role than Scarlet. i mean its a fucking shit movie, nobody gonna look great in it.

• 1Great Review

Izo

Tranny Chaser
if the story called for her to be more bubbly and happy, then thats what it would be. her character was serious business and thats how she played it. its how she was directed to play it. before the "all women are Mary Sues" era you had to be a serious woman to be taken seriously by men. now all you need is to have a vagina and your skills outmatch any man. Pugh didnt impress me in this movie as any more qualified for the role than Scarlet. i mean its a fucking shit movie, nobody gonna look great in it.
1640719585437.jpeg

Almost like fat thor.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
finally watched this and thought it was actually quite charming, Florence Pugh was great. It's a shame they ruined Taskmaster but I was expecting it from the beginning because MCU villains always suck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
finally watched this and thought it was actually quite charming, Florence Pugh was great. It's a shame they ruined Taskmaster but I was expecting it from the beginning because MCU villains always suck.
I really had no issues with the movie but they ruined Taskmaster. Besides spiderman I won't watch anything other than Hawkeye and maybe moon knight knowing Jake is there

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Although that shot of the unmasked Taskmaster where the girl's head was just crudely photoshopped onto the guy's body was pretty hilarious.