Black Widow (2020)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Black Widow (2020)

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: Cate Shortland

Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, O.T. Fagbenle, Rachel Weisz, Robert Downey Jr., William Hurt, Ray Winstone, Simona Zivkovska, Yolanda Lynes, Jade Ma, Shaina West, Zhanè Samuels, Fatou Bah, Michelle Lee, Madeleine Nicholls, Nanna Blondell, Shawarah Battles, Georgia Curtis, Tabby Bond, Yasmin Riley, Liran Nathan, Olivier Richters, Martin Razpopov, Gavin Lee Lewis, Ty Hurley, Paul O'Kelly, John Wolfe, Wong Charlie, David Turner, Marcel Dorian, Stephen Samson, Andrew Byron, Edward L. Oliver, Dale Liner, Ahmed Bakare, Adam Prickett, Joakim Skarli, Luigi Boccanfuso, Shane Askam, Rob Horrocks, Daniel Joseph Woolf, Tyrone Kearns, Omar Alboukharey, Tony McCarthy

Release: 2020-04-24

Plot: Natasha Romanoff, on the run from the government following her disobedience to the Sokovia Accords and for aiding Steve Rogers, finds herself on her own and is forced to deal with some of the red in her ledger.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks pretty good. I imagine if they wanted they could do a few movies having taken place during the 5 years after Thanos.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Seems great so far. Funny to see Taskmaster apparently mimicking Hawkeye in that car chase, though the compound bow + helmet gave me a big Crysis 3 feeling.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks good, and there seems to be a decent amount of Scarlett in tight outfit which I fully support.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Gah so super-hero fatigued but I grudgingly admit this looks good. I started getting creeping feelings of Gurl power for a bit in that teaser but I think it mostly went away in the end. The cast looks great aside from that lump of emotionless flesh from Midsommar. David Harbour doesn't get to punch any Nazi's but I also grudgingly admit to liking him immensely in almost everything he is in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

at least she bothered to dye her hair this time...

This movie is at least 10 years too late. Just for the MCU itself.... and, worse its 20-30 years too late after Borne, Nikita, Salt, and 100 other spy movies.
and then.. it seems more like an action movie then thriller?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Looks great to me too. And if they want to do "diversity" like this by having a bunch of badass chicks, that's fine with me. Waiting for the complaint that a Russian family doesn't have brown people in it though.

The girl that plays her sister, Florence Pugh, shocked me when I saw her come out during that convention where she was first introduced. I had to look her up to make sure it was her. I saw her in Fighting With The Family and thought she was cute, in a "real world" sort of way, but damn, she's fucking hot in this.

I totally didn't expect the family angle to this either, but it looks like it will be great. So at least this movie will continue my first night IMAX viewing it seems.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
at least she bothered to dye her hair this time...

This movie is at least 10 years too late. Just for the MCU itself.... and, worse its 20-30 years too late after Borne, Nikita, Salt, and 100 other spy movies.
and then.. it seems more like an action movie then thriller?
Since we both know the dye job was on purpose, because even ScarJo doesn't get to declare she just doesn't feel like dying her hair for a movie that big, I took it as more of an indication that she was feeling hopeless and just couldn't be bothered to keep it dyed properly during those 5 years.

And 20-30 years ago, you could have named off just as many "spy movies" that had already come out. Bond, Hitchcock movies, Maltese Falcon, Where Eagles Dare, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, etc. Spy movies will likely always be popular. So pick any time period, even back to radio days, and you could claim it was "too late." Doesn't matter, as long as it is well written and acted, and interesting. That's like saying war movies have already been done, so don't make any more.

And since Iron Man was 11 years ago, 10 years too late is a bit of a stretch. 5, I might give you. But it will make far more money now than even 5 years ago, just because Marvel and gurl power.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks pretty fucking good, but they really should have made this movie several years ago. they could have had the sequel released before endgame instead of that capt marvel shit. at least it would be actual avengers related and not a fucking shoehorn. movie looks tight tho and scarjo is still a hottie from 6 feet away.

• 4Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks good but what is it leading in to? I know how the story ends.

It needs to set up a new Black Widow (her sister?) or a reccuring villian (Taskmaster?).

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought I was seeing an X-Men character at the end in the hallway, but that is probably Widow's replacement.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

It needs to set up a new Black Widow (her sister?) or a reccuring villian (Taskmaster?).
they fucked the BW character over already. they are leaving her dead. this is just her sendoff. she had no funeral in endgame and so this will have to do.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This all depends on how much you cared about her character to begin with, I personally did not and forget she exists all the time and thus will pirate. That being said I hope it makes bank and they are filled with regret for passing over existing characters and actors to instead focus on Captain Marvel.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

re.jpg

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Probably laying the groundwork for Thunderbolts.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database