Blackfish

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't so sure about it since the subject matter is really specific and not too appealing to me but holy shit did this trailer hook me in about 10 seconds. Looks very interesting. It's about keeping killer whales in captivity and the disastrous consequences.

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/black...no-1/517809365

Trailer in link, couldn't embed.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
kinda sad, bitch got what she deserved leave wild animals the fuck alone and in the fucking wild.
ill watch it though story seems really interesting.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
At first I was like, "Awesome! A spin-off movie about the most bad ass member of House Tully".

Then I was like, "What? A movie about whales?"

Then I watched the trailer and I was like, "Holy shit, this looks fantastic and I really want to see it."

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Looks good to me. But please learn from my mistake. Do not show this trailer to girls who have annual passes to Sea World. It will not end well.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just saw the airing on CNN. Very interesting doc. Worth a watch and I'll admit I'm swayed, can't see how Sea World has much of a leg to stand on here.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
At first I was like, "Awesome! A spin-off movie about the most bad ass member of House Tully"
Yeah, rather disappointed.

Orcas aren't even fish, they're giant asskicking dolphins.

They're also one of the few animals in the world other than humans that go through menopause.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
A documentary that's kind of similar to The Cove, unnecessary brutal treatment of sea animals.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is a pretty good documentary on Orcas in the wild on Netflix too. I think it's called "Killer Whales"

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks good. I'm watching the 30 minute interview with the director now. It actually re-airs Saturday at 7pm ET and Sunday at 9pm ET.

edit: Maybe it's not on Saturday. The TV only mentions the Sunday showing, but the site says both.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was an obnoxious amount of commercials last night, maybe just for the premier night, but maybe just pirate it.

Jovec

?
There was an obnoxious amount of commercials last night, maybe just for the premier night, but maybe just pirate it.
Best to DVR it.

Sealand came off in a bad way and deservedly so, but I don't think I heard a single one of those former trainers express any sort of remorse except after the fact. None of them took a principled stand during their employment. None went to the media or tried to be a whistle-blower. None even quit in protest over the treatment of the animals from what I could tell. I understand that their woeful lack of academic qualifications factors in, but there was a whole lot of buck-passing and excuse-making. "We didn't know..." "We thought our managers knew what they were doing..." "We did as we were told..."

Better conditions, treatment, and training for sure are needed, and I could certainly do without the animal shows and performances, but I think captive animals (zoo/water) provide an overall net positive to society and I am willing to take the bad (of confined, not mistreated animals) with the good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my hotel in mexico offered me discounted tickets to swim w/ dolphins a month ago, i said fck that, any fish that doesn't fit in a skillet is fucking scary. i'm travelling atm, i think i can catch this on cnn, but for those that watched this and the cove? thoughts?

i thought the cove was silly, so what if japanese ppl like to eat dolphins, the 1billion hindu's see american's killing their godly cows hourly.

but as someone said here about whales, zoo's imo are cool, but making them jump through hoops and flapping about, eh but if circus' still exist (barnum baily is still popular right?) why not this.

but of course whenever animals in captivity and then being made to do shows come about, i defer to chris rock

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I wonder what Blackfish tastes like, I kinda want to eat one now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Don't they eat seals? If someone was swimming out with some seals I bet they could be mistaken for one pretty easily. You'd have to be a huge idiot to swim near seals in any case.