Blade (2025)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Between this, The Matrix and Columbine, there were a lot of fucking nerds wearing trench coats there for a few years.

Edit - guarantee there were some people from this forum that wore them. Fess up you fuckin nerds

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Between this, The Matrix and Columbine, there were a lot of fucking nerds wearing trench coats there for a few years.

Edit - guarantee there were some people from this forum that wore them. Fess up you fuckin nerds
I wanted one, but my parents said I had 2 perfectly good coats at home and I didn't need a third!

grandmas-boy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>

How dare you call me out. /Puts on boots and duster.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

No trench coat, but I did rock some of the nose clip on sunglasses that Morpheus had. Goddamn was I cool back then.

• 3Worf
  • 1Popcorn
  • 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I saw the film with a significant black audience. It was a surreal experience. Not a single death in the film wasn't followed by someone shouting something. It was like MST3k but with people who actually loved the film unironically.
i went to see "the ring" with two rows of sassy black women infront of me once. it was an amazing experience. every time the tape played they'd go "AWWW HELL NO, I AINT WATCHIN IT. NO GIRL DON"T LOOK. OHLAWD I SAW IT". they were INTO it. it added to the experience

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wanted one, but my parents said I had 2 perfectly good coats at home and I didn't need a third!

grandmas-boy.gif

We only had one kid in town wear a trenchcoat around that time. It was a dark brown color rather than black and technically a duster. Which he probably got from his grandfather or something. Because it didn't look like the Blade/Matrix kind of trench coat he did some alterations on it himself to bring it more in line with the style. Which were awful as he of course had no experience with sewing, or fabric, or anything like that.

He was so ridiculed and shit on that he wore that for like a week and a half tops before he never ever tried to wear it again. This was high school in rural Oregon.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The blood rave may be the greatest super hero movie intro ever.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Blade 1 was great.
Blade 2 was fun, campy but still great.
Blade 3 kind of sucks until you watch it as pure shlock. It still sucks but not as bad.

If this movie ends up being good I will go see it in the theatre. I doubt I will be seeing it in the theatre.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I saw the film with a significant black audience. It was a surreal experience. Not a single death in the film wasn't followed by someone shouting something. It was like MST3k but with people who actually loved the film unironically.
It was pretty dark in the theater when we saw it, but the funniest theater experience was when a group of us watched the Samuel L Jackson Shaft remake.

Black guy in this woman comes and sits right in front of us and he was wearing those gold Elvis style glasses. The entire time one chapter was talking smack the people or gunning folks down, the guy was constantly "ohh shit, you done fucked now!" Or "look out nogger, Shaft gonna fuck you up!".

I think we left more at that guy and his commentary then we did the movie and if I remember correctly the movie was pretty lackluster, but the movie going experience was totally worth it that evening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The other dollar theater in town was deep in the ghetto, and in the 80s and 90s it was still remotely safe to go there. My best memory is watching Night of the Demons, which is one of those horror demon possession type movies, and there was one black guy amongst a bunch of white people in the cast. Spoiler alert, he makes it to the end! Literally every black person in the theater was telling that guy what to do, expressing shock when he almost got killed, yelling for him to get out of there, telling him to leave that white bitch to die, etc. it was fucking glorious.

I would still enjoy an experience like that, but now all the fucking punks (any color) are too busy looking at their phones or actually talking to each other to pay attention to the movie.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

Siliconemelons

I am not a fan of Westly Snipes - but he was the perfect kind of a-hole for Blade... so I have not commentary on who a new Blade should be lol.

make him white, for the lulz

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Blade 1 was great.
Blade 2 was fun, campy but still great.
Blade 3 kind of sucks until you watch it as pure shlock. It still sucks but not as bad.

If this movie ends up being good I will go see it in the theatre. I doubt I will be seeing it in the theatre.
Blade 3 is the first time we saw Deadpool in a Marvel movie.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Would have been funny if they cast Timothy Chalemete%$# as Blade. Flip color the opposite way for once...

Is Timothy missing his legs? Because we need a white tranny who identifies as asian and is missing at least 1 limb.

I will also accept gorlock the destroyer if it hasn't killed itself yet.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is Timothy missing his legs? Because we need a white tranny who identifies as asian and is missing at least 1 limb.

I will also accept gorlock the destroyer if it hasn't killed itself yet.
Gorlok seems more like a Vampire Trapper than a Vampire Hunter.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gorlok seems more like a Vampire Trapper than a Vampire Hunter.
Until I double checked the name, I didn't even realize gorlock was a dude. But even so, in this case tranny != trap. Traps have a chance to trick a dude into fucking them.

Instead of wooden stakes, gorlock carries around bread sticks to sop up the blood.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Until I double checked the name, I didn't even realize gorlock was a dude. But even so, in this case tranny != trap. Traps have a chance to trick a dude into fucking them.

Instead of wooden stakes, gorlock carries around bread sticks to sop up the blood.
I never 🤔 about what gender Gorlock was. It really could save a fuck ton of money on CGI/practical effects, and no I'm not joking on this one. It could play a young version of Pearl no problem

Screenshot_2024-03-20-09-44-26-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf