Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far Kung Fu master is fun and fairly quick to level. I have been at it for 2 hours with 1 crash and watched cutscenes and I am level 8. There are attack chains on LMB and different combos based on what you do, like legsweep with #3 button then F can do a shoulder slam or you can tab and mount them and do a big headbut with 1 or hit 2 and ground pound them some. (Again Kung fu master so far) Movement is decent but the sprint jump gliding is slower than just sprinting so that is kinda disappointing. Also non sprinting is slow as dirt but I have 2 charges so far so getting into combat is fast.

Damage right now can be ignored easily. But learning moves is fun enough.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I definitely like that B&S does a better job of explaining your moves/combos better than BD does, especially because I haven't played an action-combat MMORPG in a long time and never tried to "seriously" play one before.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I am guessing that buying a Founders Pack today doesn't get you into this alpha weekend event going on currently? Was hoping to get in and make a Gon FM.

About Destroyers. They are pretty OP in PvE (solo / group). When you see one fighting you'll see them either slamming their target ridiculously fast by using animation cancelling to shift from Left click to Right click attacks, or you'll see them spinning. They can talent their spinning attack so that it increases their defense by 400% (very noticable) while also clearing off CC.

They have a great leap attack that will stun their target (and talent it to be aoe), which then allows them to kick the mob(s) up into the air for a smash. Smart groups will try to have one running bosses / dungeons because they can talent their Hold skill (picks up a mob / boss and holds it) such that attackers regen their Chi on hit....so people can just spam their high dmg attacks continuously for 6sec. Very newbie friendly class.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Movement is decent but the sprint jump gliding is slower than just sprinting so that is kinda disappointing. Also non sprinting is slow as dirt but I have 2 charges so far so getting into combat is fast.
You will get a lot more gliding abilities, one that will make it go as fast as sprinting and one that will make it last longer, one to dive quickly to the ground, and a few more I don't remember.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you can glide at sprint speed a bit later, like around 15 or so, it's the same time you get access to your skill points to put into skillls. You also get a wall climbing skill eventually so you can run straight at walls to climb instead of doing jumping nonsense.

The mobs start to hurt as you get to 15-20 or so, that's when blocking or CCing them properly becomes more useful if you don't want to use all your food between fights and shit. Also once you get to Jade Village, that's when you start getting side dungeons with green portals, which are tougher than white portals(like main story quests ones and shit). Those are pretty fun you get 2 right away and the boss take a while to kill so they get you a good taste of how the combat plays out when you don't 2shot stuff.

Leveling my KFM atm, god it's a lot harder than BM to do dungeons and shit with, especially with the lag spikes I'm getting. On BM you can kinda just throw the block and wait for something to hit but on KFM you really need to time it correctly and the damage output is lower(at base level at least) and there's not as good self healing. On BM you can quickly spec into your RMB healing and then you can just turtle block/spam RMB/turtle block and actively gain health, but KFM not so much. I bought a lifesteal gem off the AH though so now it's easier.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing a KFM against npc BM's is pretty fun though, get them to block = smash their faces.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Playing a KFM against npc BM's is pretty fun though, get them to block = smash their faces.
I like playing against NPC Destroyers as a LBM. Whenever they start the wind-up for their big axe smash, I dash into them, teleport behind them, then unload my massive combo on them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I am guessing that buying a Founders Pack today doesn't get you into this alpha weekend event going on currently? Was hoping to get in and make a Gon FM.

About Destroyers. They are pretty OP in PvE (solo / group). When you see one fighting you'll see them either slamming their target ridiculously fast by using animation cancelling to shift from Left click to Right click attacks, or you'll see them spinning. They can talent their spinning attack so that it increases their defense by 400% (very noticable) while also clearing off CC.

They have a great leap attack that will stun their target (and talent it to be aoe), which then allows them to kick the mob(s) up into the air for a smash. Smart groups will try to have one running bosses / dungeons because they can talent their Hold skill (picks up a mob / boss and holds it) such that attackers regen their Chi on hit....so people can just spam their high dmg attacks continuously for 6sec. Very newbie friendly class.
I JUST got an invite at 5:50PM EST.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I am Valderen in the game btw, Cerulian faction, that's the blue faction, if anyone needs help .
smile.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Wardrobe storage being restricted to premium members really hurts. It saves me a lot of space on the Taiwanese server. =/

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Little cat dude summoner is insanely strong at low level Got him to level 10 without even getting hurt.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What the fuck is with Asian MMO's and pedophile races. Two of the classes that look neat can only be played by that race.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck is with Asian MMO's and pedophile races. Two of the classes that look neat can only be played by that race.
Just make a male and make him look old :p Like Mr. Miyagi old ;P

I dunno its some rule about korean MMOs that you have to have the small race with animal appendages. At least this one you can make them look old if you want.

And yeah race locked classes suck. Summoner is fun as is the Lynn Blade Master, but then you have to play a Lynn. I will probably stick with summoner(Think I might go with the Calvin & Hobbes theme), as much as I wish I could be a Jin summoner.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Leveling my KFM atm, god it's a lot harder than BM to do dungeons and shit with, especially with the lag spikes I'm getting. On BM you can kinda just throw the block and wait for something to hit but on KFM you really need to time it correctly and the damage output is lower(at base level at least) and there's not as good self healing. On BM you can quickly spec into your RMB healing and then you can just turtle block/spam RMB/turtle block and actively gain health, but KFM not so much. I bought a lifesteal gem off the AH though so now it's easier.
thats why i prefer lyn blademaster, no need to block, just spin move with parry spec and you golden, invul + dmg. I kinda like kfm, but as soon connection acts weird it become quite difficult, plus aoe power is kinda small. i am with kriptini lyn masterace!!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The window on block on the KFM is tiny as hell. Jeez, my old ass can't time that shit perfectly yet. Not knowing the mob animations sucks...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The window on block on the KFM is tiny as hell. Jeez, my old ass can't time that shit perfectly yet. Not knowing the mob animations sucks...
Yeah BM is a lot easier to learn fights with. KFM is pretty satisfying though, the punches sound and look great, the mount skills all look cool, the air combo is hilarious and you have so many charges you're just zipping around and shit, I like the class.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you not spec it longer? I know some of the others(lbm spin, assassin block) you can spec it to have the invul time last longer.