Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Early on it's just killing newbs, but there's contested areas with faction NPCs, daily quests and objectives as you level up. It's you're typical mmo faction pvp stuff.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CROSJCr.png

tempted to quit right away after seeing this shit. Hey, you found something! Get another something to unlock that something!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do your surveys, you'll get 3 of them. Also don't unseal shit you don't use, you don't get many seals charms, they're valuable. Just throw the shit in your weapon, or trade it to someone(sealed) for your weapon.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do your surveys, you'll get 3 of them. Also don't unseal shit you don't use, you don't get many seals charms, they're valuable. Just throw the shit in your weapon, or trade it to someone(sealed) for your weapon.
Still sounds awful. I imagine this ends as a cash shop item somehow?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wait till you need a key, then an unseal :p
That axe comes from a box that needs a key. The worst is one of the world boss in moonwater which drops a box which you need 2keys to open(like most higher level boxes) and that box drops a souls shield and another box which takes 1key to open and then you get a chance at your weapon which you need to unseal to convert. That's the step you really want to use your one moonwater key on, otherwise shit takes forever and eats all your keys.

But really it's not so bad in that regard. I never ran out of keys or unsealing charms on my KFM, I had like 40keys left and 25unseal charms left when I hit cap with all my gear fully upgraded to pre 45 stuff. As long as you're not unsealing everything for no reason or opening everything for no reason(like those shitty chests at the end of the non purple dungeons), you get plenty of them from quests and surveys.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
it does get a bit annoying later when you need the purple unsealing charm, but it was not too awful. What was the problem for me in the Ru version (and im sure it will be on this one as well) was inventory space and management. Its true it didnt have a wardrobe and it safe indeed a lot of space, still. Beetwen saving wpns and jewelry for evolving, and various soul shield for enchanting purpose, space get limited fast.

Another issue that still remained is that it doesnt allow me to keybind on the mouse side buttons (at least with logitech g700s). Kinda minor thing but piss me off quite a bit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I have my g600 side keys bound, but I also have them mapped to num 0-9 through the Logitech software, since most games don't seem to recognize all 12 buttons.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I grinded it out to where combat lasts more than a handful of attacks and it doesn't get any better. Why games insist on 'action combat' then adding a shit ton of CC in to take the 'action' out of the combat is beyond me. It devolves to the same shitty combat as every other game pretty quickly where you CC lock an opponent for a large majority of their health. The sooner mmos move out of this hybrid crap and just take on the FPS model, the better.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I grinded it out to where combat lasts more than a handful of attacks and it doesn't get any better. Why games insist on 'action combat' then adding a shit ton of CC in to take the 'action' out of the combat is beyond me. It devolves to the same shitty combat as every other game pretty quickly where you CC lock an opponent for a large majority of their health. The sooner mmos move out of this hybrid crap and just take on the FPS model, the better.
Do you mean in pve? Most bosses have CC resist which forces you to use 2 of the same CC to actually CC them, meaning they do not spend that much time CCed(though with 2 people you can combo them for quite a while using like stun stun > air combo > air reset > air grab with kfm > ground and pound > grab with destroyer > punch in the face > throw in the air > air reset > air knockdown > extends knockdown, or something like that. That's destroyer/kfm, which is probably the best combo to extend CC. Trash mobs are trash mobs, they're garbage even in lategame(though some of them hit really hard so you can't fuck around too too much). Bosses is where the fun is at for pve.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Managed to play for 10m last night. Got a force master through the tutorial and I'm not sure I like the ranged soft targeting. Gonna try an assassin next.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is highly subjective and my opinion, but I would avoid the Force Master and Summoner, it's not that they are bad but I find that they simply don't showcase what makes the combat fun in the game.

And this game is all about the combat.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're good classes for farming daillies and shit mindlessly, especially summoner, but yeah. FM is pretty fun in pvp, summoner is also boring in pvp.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
No real legs, but fun for a bit. I am still gonna buy it and play if it doesn't conflict with a better game.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I don't understand how you expect people to make better games if you go ahead and buy the not-great ones anyway.