Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is battleground type thing later, the other versions have it. I think its only 6v6 though. But yeah 1v1 and 3v3 arena(Where gear is normalized) and open world stuff if you have on faction costumes. The open world stuff really only happens in misty woods from what I have seen. Can get a group together and go kill all the opposing faction trying to farm insigs, doing dragon/ogres or dailies.

Stave

Potato del Grande
pretty much this. Game is worth at least the $5 for the week of testing it out. Even on Mushin with the premium the queues are a max of half an hour right now.
If I buy the $5 thing, does it allow me to make a character on Mushin? Or is the server locked for all new characters?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I buy the $5 thing, does it allow me to make a character on Mushin? Or is the server locked for all new characters?
Believe so, think they got rid of any restrictions with official launch + new servers.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Started up in mushin, free2play scrub all the way. During my primetime theres still a 30-45 min queue, talking 4am est.

I would spend the 5 bucks but they refuse to take my money (asian ip us cc)

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Rolled on gunma, I haven't seen a reason to roll on a big server with this game the cross server dungeons and arenas are amazing. Can do everything without having a 14 hour queue and hundreds of people trying to kill steal.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was filling up one of their survey about the premium membership.

In the advice on how to improve it...I suggested that there should be no queue for premium member, and that a non-premium player should be randomly kicked out of the game whenever a premium player wanted to log in.
smile.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I was filling up one of their survey about the premium membership.

In the advice on how to improve it...I suggested that there should be no queue for premium member, and that a non-premium player should be randomly kicked out of the game whenever a premium player wanted to log in.
smile.png
Edgy!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
nah it doesn't work because my ncsoft account is "flagged" because I played Wildstar beta in the states then Wildstar in japan with the same account and then someone hacked my shit allegedly even thought they didn't. but yeah NCsoft doesn't want my money.

I rerolled on Gunma cus fuck queues.

Is there a better class primer other than the one on page 12? my ping is a bit too much to play Kung Fu master fluidly. so Far destroyer is my style but it seems kinda simple.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
nah it doesn't work because my ncsoft account is "flagged" because I played Wildstar beta in the states then Wildstar in japan with the same account and then someone hacked my shit allegedly even thought they didn't. but yeah NCsoft doesn't want my money.

I rerolled on Gunma cus fuck queues.

Is there a better class primer other than the one on page 12? my ping is a bit too much to play Kung Fu master fluidly. so Far destroyer is my style but it seems kinda simple.
I can give you a PvE primer. Bold in a category are the best choices.

• Tanks:Blade Master,Kung-Fu Master, Summoner (offtanking or ranged tanking), Force Master (ranged tanking)
  • Control:Destroyer,Blade Dancer, Assassin (can interrupt but can't hold)
  • Utility:Force Master,Assassin,Summoner, Blade Dancer, Kung-Fu Master

Every class is expected to do high DPS, but the highest is Force Master. Blade Dancers and Destroyers are probably second. I've heard some say that Assassins are top DPS but I've never seen a good PvE Assassin so I wouldn't know.

For PvP, here's a tier list from what I've experienced (gold in 1v1 and 3v3, though obviously I'm far from the best so take this with a grain of salt):

Tier 1: Summoner, Blade Dancer
Tier 2: Assassin, Force Master, Kung-Fu Master, Destroyer
Tier 3: Blade Master

And then general info for all of the classes:

• Blade Masters are dudes with swords that have two stances. Basic stance is good for generating Focus (resource for using abilities) and Draw Stance is what they use for the sick DPS. They have a spammable block, can talent for increased threat generation, and have i-frame skills on short cooldowns which is why they're one of the tank classes.
  • Kung-Fu Masters are CC-heavy with abilities that usually rely on counting an enemy's attack. They have a spammable counter, can talent for increased threat generation, and can chain stun for a really long time, making them good tanks and 1v1 PvPers.
  • Destroyers have giant axes that focus on controlling an enemy by interrupting them or grabbing them. Their grab and airborne abilities, along with their temp buff that massively increases their DPS and defenses make them fantastic for PvE control, 1v1, and 3v3.
  • Blade Dancers are the Lyn version of Blade Masters. They also have Basic and Draw Stance, but both are capable of very high DPS, and they also can grab and interrupt enemies like Destroyers. The trade-off is that they can't talent for increased threat and they do not have a spammable block (though they can talent for a semi-spammable parry with a tight window). Grab abilities, insane DPS, and the ability to spam parry make them good for PvE control, 1v1, and 3v3.
  • Assassins are one of the stealth classes, giving them an innate edge in PvP. They have many high-damage abilities on short cooldowns as well as DoTs, and they have lots of control options, though they cannot hold an enemy like a Destroyer or Blade Dancer. They can also talent into a smoke screen to make allies immune to projectiles, which is needed in endgame PvE. They're good for PvE utility and 1v1s.
  • Force Masters are this game's classic wizard, they use a charge system to build up stacks of Fire or Frost then unleash heavy hitting abilities. They have very little CC (outside of spammable snares) but make up for it with insane damage and a party-protection ability like the Assassin's. Best for PvE utility, 1v1s, and 3v3s.
  • Summoner is the last class, and they're a jack-of-all trades. They can use their pet to tank, have lots of CC, and have DoTs and other utility. A good Summoner will pretty much always find a spot in endgame PvE. They're also amazing at PvP, especially 3v3s where they are gods.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where do you hear Blade Dancers are good DPS? Everytime I see discussions about classes like on Dojo or Reddit and comparing to CN or KR versions, Blade Dancer is basically bottom tier for PvE.

Regardless, it's pointless to compare atm, content isn't anywhere near challenging enough that you need to optimize groups or anything, since it's 45cap with lvl 50 skills which fucks up the balance a lot.

Caliane

should be noted for anyone questioning balance.
Skill gain is spread out VERY slowly over the leveling process. Any given class may be missing core skills for half the leveling process or more.
And then, when you hit level 18 or so, you unlock traits. Which radically alter how skills function. not just +5% damage, but full on, may change an aoe skill to a single target stun. or an aoe stun, to a massive aoe damage nuke.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I'm on Gunma as well, hit 31 last night. Would be higher but i wanted everything from golden deva, the axe took a stupid amount of keys and I finally got the outfit after getting the axe, including 5 helms and 1 adornment.

All in all in very happy with the game, regardless of some of the rng, is nowhere near as bad as archeage though.

Lucky for me I bought a gtx 960 the night before the new servers came out and the game is just beautiful and fluid.

Xozo 31 destroyer crimson legion.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Where do you hear Blade Dancers are good DPS? Everytime I see discussions about classes like on Dojo or Reddit and comparing to CN or KR versions, Blade Dancer is basically bottom tier for PvE.

Regardless, it's pointless to compare atm, content isn't anywhere near challenging enough that you need to optimize groups or anything, since it's 45cap with lvl 50 skills which fucks up the balance a lot.
Personal experience. Thanks to the Focus regeneration on the upgraded Hongmoon weapon, I can spam my Sunder combo/Flicker all day and pump out crazy DPS. There's no parser or anything but I've done enough of the toughest available content to know that people severely underrate this class for PvE.

Also, we may have a different patch than the ones who list Blade Dancer low.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still figuring this game out, low level etc. Curious why you think BM's are tier 3? Not playing one atm but they are by far the most popular class, which lead me to presume they are one of the better classes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No clue. There are plat/gold players of every class. Where big differences come in is ease of use(destroyer/lbm/summoner are extremely easy to get get the hang of and do well) and how big a difference hongmoon skills will be to certain classes.

I think the one bad part about BM is one of its burst moves is easily avoidable, because its a ground effect over time, so only an idiot gets caught in it for any kind of duration.

I will say as a FM with no pvp experience on the class, its quite fun but frustrating too. I wish I had a simple charge >knock up > airborne move> finisher> combo, that any gamer could pull off. I miss my combo a lot since I have to be in 5m range to knock up during stun, my stun is extremely low duration and have to make sure you are in fire stance to do it. Will take quite a lot of practice to get the hang of it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Blade Masters have barely any CC and barely any escapes. They're super reliant on their block which anyone with half a brain can easily get around. Their burst combo is also extremely predictable (just press Tab when they go into Draw Stance and they can't touch you for 30+ seconds). There are a couple of good Blade Masters but every time I face one it's basically an instant win.

Force Masters are mostly about kiting, and they're really good at it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Blade Dancers are the hardest for me in the arena. I went 5-0 until I played one.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Tiers from Korea.
PVP on level cap 45:
GOD TIER: LBM, Destroyer
High tier: Assassin, Summoner
Mid tier: Kungfu Master, Force Master, Blademaster
No low tier.
PVP on level cap 50:
GOD TIER: Warlock
Balanced tier: Everything else

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol yeah warlock is insane. Considering they base a lot of their balance around their tourneys, I expect it to get nerfed if it already hasn't.