Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Blade Dancers have a great matchup against Destroyers so I guess that's why I haven't perceived them to be as amazing as others have.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
man servers been fucked up, looks like they did a roll back, but they didn't.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm servers down again it seems.

Almost 45, only started playing after I was done with D3. Been lvling Blademaster but not sure if I like it more than KFM or not. It's great for like turtling when tanking at low health or whatever, but it sucks at killing large groups of mobs without taking a bunch of damage. I miss the 6secs of godmode you'd get from large packs with KFM, no risk whatsoever when aggro a dozen of mobs for a quest. I'll probably level my KFM after. On the other hand, the burst from Draw Stance is pretty cool, it really melts mobs in literally 2seconds.

Also fun fact, not sure exactly what the fuck happened with the wipe and what not, but I had a character slot extension ticket sitting in my mail when I first logged in. I think it's the beta one? I cancelled my pack thing before the headstart started and they refunded me, but I still got the char slot.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
can't even launch the launcher now.

Also, why does the NA version drop warlock weapons? trying to upgrade weapons using free keys is already painful enough without it also giving me warlock weapons.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So, is it just me or am I missing something? My dude is level 9 and I have no ability to actually modify skills/talents thus far that I can find. Gear seems to be... nonexistent? I've got a bunch of random items for crafting of some sort or upgrading.

The skills seem extremely spammy and while I got the hang of the combo system, they all seem very samey right now - just hit the buttons a lot and do 1/10th the damage of the mob each time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So, is it just me or am I missing something? My dude is level 9 and I have no ability to actually modify skills/talents thus far that I can find. Gear seems to be... nonexistent? I've got a bunch of random items for crafting of some sort or upgrading.

The skills seem extremely spammy and while I got the hang of the combo system, they all seem very samey right now - just hit the buttons a lot and do 1/10th the damage of the mob each time.
You need to be level 15 and complete Chapter 17 of the main story before you can start acquiring and spending talent points. Most of your stats will come from your Soul Shield, and you will get some accessories like necklaces and rings later in the game.

What class are you playing?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Talents come around 17ish.

Gear is accessories, weapon + bopaes(soul shields in NA). The bopae are the "Armor" from traditional MMOs. You have to have a some kind of costume on to use the bopaes. The purple weapons/accessories you get at the beginning of the game last you all they way through the game and beyond. You just constantly upgrade them and when you "evolve" them they take on a new look.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK I have two complete soul shields so far so I guess that makes sense.

I'm playing some dumb little cat thing blade dancer or something. Didn't notice the tail before but I'm too lazy to reroll. Also, I looked at the store and... are they trying to make money here? There's 300 things for some familiar (guessing summoner gets those) and like 2 weapon skins right now? Weird to open a cash shop with basically nothing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
OK I have two complete soul shields so far so I guess that makes sense.

I'm playing some dumb little cat thing blade dancer or something. Didn't notice the tail before but I'm too lazy to reroll. Also, I looked at the store and... are they trying to make money here? There's 300 things for some familiar (guessing summoner gets those) and like 2 weapon skins right now? Weird to open a cash shop with basically nothing.
They're definitely not selling a whole lot, but on the other hand that's good cause most of the shit is acquired ingame. You can use any weapon skin from a weapon that drops in a game and there's like 3times as many costumes as drops than the ones sold in the shop(and like half of the shop costumes are actual ingame drops you can buy so you don't have to farm them).

BD starts slow as shit in terms of combat, I only played one to like, 10 or so and it was pretty boring, but so was Blademaster, both classes are kinda slow. Once you start getting all the stance shit and the flying swords and stuff is when combat gets good on these classes. BD especially doesn't get the 2nd stance change skill until, 16 I think? Really most classes don't come into their own until 15-20, which only takes a few hours to get to once you know what you're doing(first time is a lot longer, but lvl 20 is like, 3hours or some shit).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do you ever get any upgrades to glide/sprint faster or mounts or anything?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get a bigger bar of sprint and you get a bunch of different moves, like you can "sprint" while gliding, you can dive straight to the ground and you can climb vertical walls without having to jump around. But you never go faster and you never run forever. Fast travel makes it alright most of the time though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, you get abilities that you can use while Gliding (Dive / some classes have attacks they do while Gliding. You also upgrade you Stamina pool twice (so you can Sprint for a longer time), but the last upgrade could take a long time to get due to it needing a crafted item. You also get the ability to run up / along walls, and skip over obstacles.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Still figuring this game out, low level etc. Curious why you think BM's are tier 3? Not playing one atm but they are by far the most popular class, which lead me to presume they are one of the better classes.
Most popular? I barely ever see any in the world, dungeons, or arena

See tons of assassins, destroyers and blade dancers.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
No clue. There are plat/gold players of every class. Where big differences come in is ease of use(destroyer/lbm/summoner are extremely easy to get get the hang of and do well) and how big a difference hongmoon skills will be to certain classes.

I think the one bad part about BM is one of its burst moves is easily avoidable, because its a ground effect over time, so only an idiot gets caught in it for any kind of duration.

I will say as a FM with no pvp experience on the class, its quite fun but frustrating too. I wish I had a simple charge >knock up > airborne move> finisher> combo, that any gamer could pull off. I miss my combo a lot since I have to be in 5m range to knock up during stun, my stun is extremely low duration and have to make sure you are in fire stance to do it. Will take quite a lot of practice to get the hang of it.
xTaegun has some force master combo tutorial style videos on youtube that are a big help if you're struggling in pvp, even if we're on different patches and might not have 100% of the same moves/skills he has access to.

Admittedly tho, after playing assassin to 28 in beta and now playing my FM in live (41 atm), it is much harder to pull off the basic FM combo than the assassin was.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Blade Masters have barely any CC and barely any escapes. They're super reliant on their block which anyone with half a brain can easily get around. Their burst combo is also extremely predictable (just press Tab when they go into Draw Stance and they can't touch you for 30+ seconds). There are a couple of good Blade Masters but every time I face one it's basically an instant win.

Force Masters are mostly about kiting, and they're really good at it.
I play a blade master and I have 5 CCs, do other classes have more?

Completely agree with barely any escapes, the class has almost zero. Also changing the block to the parry is far better for blade master in PvP once I switch to it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's more than 5 once you're fully speced. Baseline is crap, it's like a knockdown and a daze only pretty much, but once speced, you get a stupid amount of CC. Stun on 2, Daze on Tab, Knockdown on X, Daze on Left click when in Draw stance, Daze+air throw on 3 in Draw stance, Daze on C when blades are out, plus the 2 baselines, plus the CC extender on Draw stance. Not counting the usual reversal when you're knocked down and the opener when windwalking.

Main problem of BM in our version isn't the power level of the class, it's the fact that at 45 there's not enough points to spec into all the PvP stuff at once, plus we're missing the Hongmoon version of Lightning Draw, which does ludicrous damage and is a huge part of the class in pvp. At least, that's my understanding of the whole thing reading various posts. So class is kinda shit atm cause you have to spread yourself thin to get all the CC so you don't have all the focus regen stuff, or you get focus regen but you give up a bunch of CC.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What's up with NC Soft servers? Only 600 k/sec on the client download. Is it just me or is it a known thing? Would love to try this out but I'm likely to pass out before the damn thing gets finished and my lack of attention span will probably forget I even bothered tomorrow morning.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's up with NC Soft servers? Only 600 k/sec on the client download. Is it just me or is it a known thing? Would love to try this out but I'm likely to pass out before the damn thing gets finished and my lack of attention span will probably forget I even bothered tomorrow morning.
They were down a big chunk of today, some kind of technical problems, maybe that is hurting download speed?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure. It has kicked up to 1.5 Mb/s now, very possible it is me though. Connection has been squirrely the last week, but can still pull 3+ Mb/s on Steam easy.