Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The fact that mobs drop money when subbed and don't when F2P is one the biggest "fuck you!" situations that I've seen. I didn't even know it was like that, but my friend threw $5 at the "week-long" subscription after we had fun the first night. Just as a, "Well, I feel like I got at least $5 worth of entertainment" thing. He kept buying the "junk" weapons to upgrade his weapon and when I asked where he got the money, he said, "The mobs drop money, wtf have you been doing with yours?". Even at level 24 he had around 20-30s more than I did just from simple mob coin.

I'm fine with "incentives" to subscribe, that makes sense. But, the disparity between a sub and not-sub is fucking gigantic in this game. It's not quite as bad as some MMOs, where they'll literally take away UI and QOL elements if you don't subscribe, but it's one step below that kind of fuckery.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, people have figured out you can change it to loot master right as you are killing / killed the final boss. Trolls/ninjas are changing that shit to loot master and setting rolls to heroic and bogarting all the dungeon drops now.

Like I said. Some things about this game are great. Others are complete disasters.
People are just now realising this? The funnier thing is you can set minimum bids and catch people with a 1g start for shit items.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The fact that mobs drop money when subbed and don't when F2P is one the biggest "fuck you!" situations that I've seen. I didn't even know it was like that, but my friend threw $5 at the "week-long" subscription after we had fun the first night. Just as a, "Well, I feel like I got at least $5 worth of entertainment" thing. He kept buying the "junk" weapons to upgrade his weapon and when I asked where he got the money, he said, "The mobs drop money, wtf have you been doing with yours?". Even at level 24 he had around 20-30s more than I did just from simple mob coin.

I'm fine with "incentives" to subscribe, that makes sense. But, the disparity between a sub and not-sub is fucking gigantic in this game. It's not quite as bad as some MMOs, where they'll literally take away UI and QOL elements if you don't subscribe, but it's one step below that kind of fuckery.
The intention was to discourage bots.

Unfortunately, the bots are buying permium. So it does nothing.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
People are just now realising this?The funnier thing is you can set minimum bids and catch people with a 1g start for shit items.
This right here...

Had someone do this to a drop that was class based and I was the only class for the item. Bid thinking 1 copper...nope.

Question, when will game companies start to understand that people are assholes and take steps to actually plan for people being assholes?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This right here...

Had someone do this to a drop that was class based and I was the only class for the item. Bid thinking 1 copper...nope.

Question, when will game companies start to understand that people are assholes and take steps to actually plan for people being assholes?
When will people realize that when they post things like all this complaining on reddit that is only going to get more people doing it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Problem is that it's so difficult to find a channel that the devs actually pay attention to. Heaven knows their official forums are a cesspool of garbage, even moreso than Reddit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Okay 45 now. Guess I need to work on Soul Shields and weapon upgrades for the new content about to come out. I kind of stopped questing just to have xp back logged for the new levels.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hit 25 tonight. The combat is kind of fun still, the questing is OK and all that but it's basically WoW with slightly different graphics. I'm not disappointed, not really impressed yet. I haven't PvPed at all yet.

Meh? It's OK, but reminds me how I felt about Wildstar and Rift in that 'yea OK I guess I could play this' but there's not as much drawing me in. Can only DIKU for so long until something has to grab you.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
there's a lot I like about the game but the freemium model is super gay. I hate the rng lockbox cash shop bullshit. Let me pay a sub to avoid all that shit.

But then again, i've been farming pinchy for like a week trying to get a fucking hat and if I could just buy that shit from the cash shop I would.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sadly they didn't bother adding a way to buy gold directly. You can buy like costumes and break them down, or you can use super risky cash shop transactions with people which is probably dumb. With gold, you could basically buy pinchy tokens, then you'd be fine. But like by the time you're on Pinchy, a few more hours and you're 45, then you do your daillies, sell your soulstones or whatever and dump 1 or 2 golds on tokens and you'll have everything from it, most likely.

And Palum, combat is like, way different? Did you pick a Forcemaster? I mean playing a KFM doesn't feel like anything like any other mmo on the market I've played. Some of the other classes feel less unique though, as they don't make as much use of the active blocking/dodging systems and stringing combos together and shit, but still should be quite different.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
wait wut. You can buy the Pinchy Essences? fucking where? I've stalled out as soon as I hit cinderlands wasted a week here just farming this stupid scorpion. I must have killed him 70 times. Have gotten everything from the wheel multiple times minus the hat. Shit i've got a stack of like 45 lockboxes from him, lucked out and got the axe from the first unseal

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
wait wut. You can buy the Pinchy Essences? fucking where? I've stalled out as soon as I hit cinderlands wasted a week here just farming this stupid scorpion. I must have killed him 70 times. Have gotten everything from the wheel multiple times minus the hat. Shit i've got a stack of like 45 lockboxes from him, lucked out and got the axe from the first unseal
Every essences can be bought on the market, they're not bound to chars. In fact it's good money to sell your essences when you're done or after you do the necropolis daily(it's like 4silvers more, not a huge deal but it's "free"). On beta for the Stinger costume I spent like a gold to get it rather than actually kill Pinchy. I mean it takes so long to roll the wheel, I also killed it a few times inbetween rolling it, but mostly bought tokens, and they were even more expensive than they are now. Or were when I checked last time.

Don't know why you'd farm for cosmetics before cap though, shit's just faster at cap anyway, even if you're solo. If a destroyer holds him I think my KFM could probably drop him in 2phases, and that's KFM.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
They've said they intend to bring back buying in game money with NCCoins or whatever, but were going to wait awhile for the economy to stabilize before implementing it. So... its coming, supposedly. I have faith that NCSoft will put it in, cause there is no way their greedy souls are going to let the gold sellers make money they themselves could be cashing. Just no idea when. Told it already exists on the Asian servers.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well they should make costumes tradeable, so people can sell them and it'd fix itself anyway. Also would let non paying people access some of the costumes.

In my opinion, buying gold isn't necessarily a huge issue anyway. GW2 had it and I think their system was more than fair. If people want to spend a lot of money on a game to get an advantage, they're gonna do it anyway, legal or not. Making it legal makes it less shitty for everyone, since gold sellers don't sell as much so they don't spend as much time advertising/farming and the buyers are protected. As long as the game is designed to work properly without spending gold, I'm fine with whatever shortcut system there's in place, I don't really care much anymore these days.

Eonan

Doer of Things
So I tossed them a 90 Day sub because I've been enjoying the game. I guess my biggest fucking pet peeve about their F2P/Sub system is the way that inventory is handled. If I am a subscriber, I expect that shit to be fully unlocked, not tucked behind a god damn pay wall. Also, Voldeth check your PMs, I need to get a guild tag on Mushin.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what the guild tag policy is on Mushin but I'd take one too. Or just an invite to some chat channel to read other than the damn gold spammers.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I tossed them a 90 Day sub because I've been enjoying the game. I guess my biggest fucking pet peeve about their F2P/Sub system is the way that inventory is handled. If I am a subscriber, I expect that shit to be fully unlocked, not tucked behind a god damn pay wall. Also, Voldeth check your PMs, I need to get a guild tag on Mushin.
I agree. Imo if you pay a sub, all your inventory should be unlocked. I could see still paying for some bank rows or something, but inventory should be fully unlocked. But I am pretty sure dragon pouches are one of, if not the largest, of their incomes.