Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been waiting for the NA release forever, I can wait a few more months if it means 50ms ping or better.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Does the signup process in the OP still work? has anybody done it recently? I am having issues with signing up for the QQ account...
Worked as of 2 weeks ago. My ping was at 250ish. Played fine. I did find the game boring though. Uninstalled.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oh alpha weekend from 9th to12th.
smile.png

Timing is good, since I am not really playing anything right now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They sent mails but pretty sure alpha isn't for everyone who registered, they picked some people out, I assume randomly. Beta weekends are later in the month.

Fucking NCsoft launcher is still a piece of shit, have to edit a config.ini file to make it not download shit on C:\, and moving the launcher itself somewhere else requires editing the registry because they don't bother asking you where you want it installed.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I received an email. Not sure what the selection process was.

I'm looking forward to playing in English, I played the Chinese or Korean version at some point but there were quite a few things I never understood.

Monday is a holiday in Canada which is nice since the beta runs till Monday night.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They sent mails but pretty sure alpha isn't for everyone who registered, they picked some people out, I assume randomly. Beta weekends are later in the month.

Fucking NCsoft launcher is still a piece of shit, have to edit a config.ini file to make it not download shit on C:\, and moving the launcher itself somewhere else requires editing the registry because they don't bother asking you where you want it installed.
Bah...was hoping to at least give the game a fair shot in English.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Some steams up on Twitch if you wanna check it out.

I legit cannot tell it apart from Tera I don't think.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iirc, isnt tera the one(well their developer studio) that took a bunch of data/art/code etc from ncsoft when they quit, then made Tera with it? I know they got sued for it. So yeah probably going to have a very similar look/feel.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah TERA was made by people who stole assets from Lineage 3, they were found guilty, and I think it ended with some prison time too.

They look similar, as do a lot of Korean games, the UI and stuff is similar. The gameplay aside from linear quest hub questing is pretty different...combat has a different feel to it, which I personally always liked better than TERA.

It's my favorite MMO combat actually.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Only needed to watch 5 minutes of this on twitch to realize that I've already played it, since I have played TERA, and don't need to give it another second of thought.

Thanks, twitch!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Combat feels a lot better than Tera, which was already really good. It's pretty fast paced and a lot of combos and stuff, pretty cool stuff, also looks crazy good. Questing is what you'd expect but there's a story and the cutscenes look pretty cool so I think I'll play this at least to cap and stuff, was pretty fun.

Just need to figure out a class, not a big fan of a bunch of them so it's harder to choose, will probably do kung fu master or blade master. Gonna upgrade my preorder thingie to the 1month premium one, should be enough.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Ill probably do a KungFu master or Blade master too. Game does have a certain look of quality that beckons a bored MMO gamer. I don't prefer the Asian style but there is considerable hype building so I'm in.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's a lot more fun in English, than half translated version I play 2 years ago.

There's a lot more I missed than I thought. Especially the Evolve items, that tell you where to find the item for the Breakthrough version...not able to know that before stopped me from evolving some stuff.

Also I was able to do the crafting this time, which hasn't really impressed me to be honest so far.

Level 22 Kung Fu master so far, very enjoyable class. I still think I prefer the blade master and assassin though.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Combat feels a lot better than Tera, which was already really good. It's pretty fast paced and a lot of combos and stuff, pretty cool stuff, also looks crazy good. Questing is what you'd expect but there's a story and the cutscenes look pretty cool so I think I'll play this at least to cap and stuff, was pretty fun.

Just need to figure out a class, not a big fan of a bunch of them so it's harder to choose, will probably do kung fu master or blade master. Gonna upgrade my preorder thingie to the 1month premium one, should be enough.
ive played all of it except the warlock (which i doubt will be in).

Most versatile imho is lynn bm (dps), was my class of choice. Is small so you got tiny advantage in pvp (can hide better), it has also better skills than the normal bs, like the aoe spinning blade that is totally op ( you can move around spinning for aoe dmg and skill it so it basically parry as well for the first couple of sec of the skill).

Kung fu (tank dps)is very ping and reflex dependant. you have a very short time to block and combo up your skill compared to other classes, it is imho the highest skill cap class in the game.

Normal bm (offensive tank, dps)is a well around balanced class. Seem to recall it doesnt deal too well in aoe situation compared to the lynn bm.

The guys with the axe (forgot the name, tank/dps) is very simlar to tera berserk. Its made for aoe, has some very nifty skills, very high defense and is very good in group pvp.

Summoner, ranged class (was boring for me) is pet class. I am not fond of the type of skill, based on dot, works vey good in group pvp, very safe class as well.

Assassin (dps), well is the classic, no perma stealth, fast class but not as fast as kung fu master.

Force master, ranged class, is pretty cool, can dish out lot of dmg, but is made of paper.

My favourite overall were lynn bm and kung fu and as third place force master (very far away in term of fun from the first 2). Kfu is a vey unforgiving class, but you can do wonder with it

EDIT: guess they renamed lynn blademaster to blade dancer

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
there are no classes locked by gender in bns. Lynn blademaster or blade dancer as the na/eu version calls it, is only available to the lynn race, but it ca be male or female np. All other classes have 2 or more race available, only blade dancer is limited to lynn. There is tho a race of female only in bns thats it.