Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Strangely I don't think being 4 years late will hurt it much.

It still looks good, and still has one of the best combat system out there.
I agree. Its amazing how little MMOs have advanced in the last 4 years. I've played the BnS china version and it has held up quite well over the years. Having 4 years of content would actually be a good thing to bring at launch.

Plus, the MMO market is wide open right now. The western MMO market is completely dead now after several major flops like TESO and Wildstar. Are there any western MMOs coming out at all in the next year? What will even compete withe BnS in its release window? Black Desert maybe?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Why would you buy it then? The questing isn't changing.

I'll probably do what pyros is doing. Buy the cheap version just to test it out. Then refund and either pay for the middle one if I liked it or just walk away. I tried to do the cn/ru version but I can't stand no being able to read everything and having a bad ping is just horrid in these types of games. I just didn't think it would be this long before I got to try NA version.
I go through cycles of hating quest based games and being able to tolerate them if there is fun gameplay around it. If I can buy in/refund for beta access I'll probably do that.

Parallel45

I go through cycles of hating quest based games and being able to tolerate them if there is fun gameplay around it. If I can buy in/refund for beta access I'll probably do that.
The BnS questing is indeed the same shitty kill/collect quests you've done in every other MMO. I leveled to about 25 in the China version and the quest grind was real. The game does have a few things to help keep it somewhat interesting:
- New ability every few levels that usually unlocks some combos and shakes up the combat a bit
- Mini instances with some boss fights that can actually be quite fun/challenging
- Public quests/world bosses that pop up and attracts everyone in the zone. Usually give quite good rewards for the level (in china version they gave tickets you could use to spin a wheel for random crap that was actually quite decent)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah makes sense.

I think if someone made it through tera, they should be fine here. This looks to have better combat then Tera.

There's something about korean mmos that draws me in. Their worlds/animations/armors/details seem miles above what western developers are doing. Now if they could evolve from generic questing and horrible rng mechanics.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, if you could make it through the leveling in Tera, you'll do fine in B&S with the added bonus of a far better main story.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i didnt find it difficult or tedious to lvl in tera either tbh. As far as it as a good combat action flow, i kinda forget bout the repetitiveness of the quests and stuffs. And ya bns combat is awesome

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm, dunno i lvled kinda all classes except the healers and wizard. always went particulary fast, but i also was twinked as much as i could due to farming dungeons 10x (at least was 10x when i did) with each of the class i had for extra drops. What i found annoying in tera was running around, specially in the ice zone with the valley having drunken fatty ogre pirated or something like that.

But ya, all in all i found bns lot more enjoyable than tera.

Barab

Can someone give me the cliff notes on B&S pvp ? Is there open world pvp ? Is it stupid ?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PvP in B&S consists of Arena matches (1v1, and maybe 3v3's), plus conditional open world PvP. Conditional meaning you will need to wear a Faction outfit which makes you flagged for pvp vs. opposing Faction. I never did much pvp aside from the dailies, which amounted to two zergs trying to kill opposing quest npcs. I think pvp centric people find B&S pvp to be pretty fun.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
The faction pvp is cool. It start at aroud lvl 15 20 iirc, and then it every 10 lvl with. It is basically a quest hub in a open zone, to do the quest you need to wear the pvp faction outfit, and that enable you to attack/being attacked by the opposing faction wearing ppl. Killing players, doing pvp quest increase your faction as usual that allows ya to buy stuff etc.

It is very important at max lvl cause you do recieve items that are VERY much needed both for weapon evolutions and skill progression.

Bout the quality, its always the same 2 big zergs gathered togheter to accomplish the hardest quest on the respectives enemies camp, plus single or lil groups roaming around to pk lone players, or players doing the solo/easy quests.

if you wear you pvpoutifit you can be attacked also outside the quest hub ofc.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beta starts Oct.30, running a few weekends until the end of the year. Looks like a January launch is likely. I'll be playing this with some friends, and although I wasn't too interested at first, watching pvp videos is making me start to change my mind. And for how old the game is, it looks pretty great.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i did play there mostly, ping wasnt too bad from europe, 150 200... still too high for a game like this, depending on the class, i wouldnt play a kung fu master with ping under 80, but summoner for example is pretty much fine.

Guess for US user ping would be higher.

Falken_sl

shitlord
How is US ping on the russian BnS? Looking to try the game out, but I am in NA and don't want to give it a bad review just because I am stuttering all over the place.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is US ping on the russian BnS? Looking to try the game out, but I am in NA and don't want to give it a bad review just because I am stuttering all over the place.
Probably better just playing on CN/JP/TW. Most likely around the same ping 200-300 and they are relatively up to date, skill/balance/content wise.

Main ones who want to do the private russian server are from EU, as the ping to there is a lot better. The private server is pretty far behind though, iirc.

They're all free and pretty easy to setup, of those 3 I listed.

Falken_sl

shitlord
Probably better just playing on CN/JP/TW. Most likely around the same ping 200-300 and they are relatively up to date, skill/balance/content wise.

Main ones who want to do the private russian server are from EU, as the ping to there is a lot better. The private server is pretty far behind though, iirc.

They're all free and pretty easy to setup, of those 3 I listed.
Appreciate the reply, I will definitely use the OP and set one up. Thank you!

Falken_sl

shitlord
Does the signup process in the OP still work? has anybody done it recently? I am having issues with signing up for the QQ account...