Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah a good wiki for this game would be great. It looks like it's going to take a while for the playerbase to get one fleshed out though.

Caliane

There aren't really combos per say. You just chain stuff together, some skills have conditionals/prereqs though, and that's where the combo works in, unless you mean stunlock pvp combos.

For BDs, the orb thingies I'm pretty sure is when you crit you get an orb, but some other abilities might give orbs. I don't really play BD though so not entirely sure how everything works but if you read all the skills carefully, especially on the linked char builder that don't have multiple translations for the same shit, it should make sense.

The ingame skill translations are so bad. A bunch don't use proper english grammar and instead use korean phrase structures and shit, a bunch use different terms for the same elements, some of which are using the actual fan translated terms from the english patch thing which is ridiculous. And then some skills are just stupidly complex for no specific reason, like Searing Palm.
Well, I'd say there are outright combos. not just outright work with each other. but skills that directly effect other skills.

again using blade dancer.

Sunder is your basic rmb skill.

now, Sunder has like a 1s cast time. each consecutive cast, increases this cast speed. stacking three times.
however, there are ways to "boost sunder". Q and E both give 3 stacks of boost. these give you that 3stacks of faster attack.
traited. your F "stomp" can give 3 stacks of sunder boost
traited. your 2 rush charge, can boost sunder.
traited. your rolling typhoon, can boost sunder.

rolling typhoon itself is only available with 3 stacks of wind focus. (from criting with sunder, traited multislash)
etc..

or lighting draw getting double damage and 100% crit vs knocked down targets, and storm cleave the same vs stunned.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a classy gal.
smile.png

rrr_img_124445.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well, I'd say there are outright combos. not just outright work with each other. but skills that directly effect other skills.

again using blade dancer.

Sunder is your basic rmb skill.

now, Sunder has like a 1s cast time. each consecutive cast, increases this cast speed. stacking three times.
however, there are ways to "boost sunder". Q and E both give 3 stacks of boost. these give you that 3stacks of faster attack.
traited. your F "stomp" can give 3 stacks of sunder boost
traited. your 2 rush charge, can boost sunder.
traited. your rolling typhoon, can boost sunder.

rolling typhoon itself is only available with 3 stacks of wind focus. (from criting with sunder, traited multislash)
etc..

or lighting draw getting double damage and 100% crit vs knocked down targets, and storm cleave the same vs stunned.
Yeah but those are prereqs/conditionals, not really combo. BM has the same acceleration on RMB like after you block, cyclone or sidestep, but I wouldn't call Block > RMB a combo.

I mean there's some sort of combo-ish stuff due to skills applying a condition that will unlock another skill's full potential, but you never have to combo them in order and in some cases you can for example use the condition applied by your group to activate the skill. Like stuff that does more dmg on kd simplies does that, you can call a kd > skill a combo, but if someone else kd you can also use the skill so you don't have to combo it like that.

I think the combo stuff is more relevant to PvP, where you can do stunlock combos once you've got the opponent to burn his Tab escape. Then you can design combo-like string of skills that permanently CC. But you'll still need to adjust depending on which skill is still up when you start and stuff.

There's also animation cancelling stuff which are like short combos. 3RF or RMB-LMB or whatever depending on your class.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Are you really arguing the semantics of a 'combo'?

"No, value meals at McDonalds are not a combo because you can buy the fries and burger separately, you just save money buying them together. A combo would be like a cheeseburger you could only get if you ordered fries, ate them and used your receipt and the same card to buy the special access burger. They're totally different."

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you really arguing the semantics of a 'combo'?

"No, value meals at McDonalds are not a combo because you can buy the fries and burger separately, you just save money buying them together. A combo would be like a cheeseburger you could only get if you ordered fries, ate them and used your receipt and the same card to buy the special access burger. They're totally different."
If we go by the "any skill that have an effect on another skill", the list would be like dozens of moves for each class if not nearing a hundred. A ton of skills interact with each other in some ways, it doesn't mean they have to be used in combination. If you have skills that do more damage when a target is knocked down or stunned or if your skill is powered up and cast faster after casting another, that's nice and that's potentially combos, but the list would be simply too stupidly long versus just looking at the skills and seeing which does what.

The question you asked was specific, using a few skills in a row would somehow unlock a special effect or a secret move, but that doesn't happen. Everything is in the skill tooltips, although some of them are super shit or the stuff you're looking for is not where you're looking.

Like say you have a skill A that says Prereq: Daze or Stunned, On Dazed or Stunned, Launches into the Air(almost every class has one of these), and then you have a skill B that says Prereqs: Launched, Does x damage. Then your "combo" is you use a skill that stuns or dazes, which you probably have 3 or 4 of(counting talented skills), and then you use skill A that launches when stuff is dazed or stunned, and then you use skill B that works when the target is launched.

If that's what you're looking for, there isn't a guide for telling you how to use skills that have prereqs or conditionals with the skills that applies those prereqs or conditionals. You just have to read your skills carefully, and pay specific attention to the Prereqs at the bottom which will tell you how the skills "combo". There might be class guides that have lists of all conditionals for specific stuff, for example all the skills that put you into Draw stance, but that's class specific. The Blade and Soul Dojo website has sometimes guides in the class subforums.

Example for BD would be this:Hueyples Blade Dancer Guide - Blade & Soul Dojo

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Downloaded the game today to give it a shot. I've tried two classes (summoner and blade dancer) and on both of them I have run into non-skippable "class quests" that are bugged / impossible to beat. Both of them are "perform combo on quest mob" type quests and both of them fail to work despite hundreds of attempts.

I thought this game was years old. How can it have show stopping bugged class quests like this? Really annoyed...

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded the game today to give it a shot. I've tried two classes (summoner and blade dancer) and on both of them I have run into non-skippable "class quests" that are bugged / impossible to beat. Both of them are "perform combo on quest mob" type quests and both of them fail to work despite hundreds of attempts.

I thought this game was years old. How can it have show stopping bugged class quests like this? Really annoyed...
Yeah you are kinda terrible

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The purple quests? They are pretty straight forward, do exactly as the little midget says. Some are just basic combos, others you have to combo off the little dude. Long as you read what needs to be done, shouldn't be stuck on them at all.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bout the purple quest, you obviously doing it wrong, done many and never had any problem (just did summoner ones today too, chosen as my third alt).

Managed to solo brightstone ruin on my assassin alt project, trying to farm the bloody pottery recipe (really aint worth it risking it on a group with how easy it is to ninja stuff in a pug). As soon as i get it ill try to see if i manage to solo poharan dungeon, see how difficult it is.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Yea you have to do the full combo, value menu won't suffice.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
To echo what others have said: you're doing something wrong. I mean, how can you imagine that an early class quest would be bugged? There would be an outcry of a million posts of people complaining if this were the case.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This Nayru Silver grind is real. 20 coins per Silver, 10 Silver per weapon upgrade and 5 for each piece of jewelry. Each boss drops like two coins on avg.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Being F2P fucking sucks. It didn't hit me much until late 30's, but now all the sudden it's costing a fortune to upgrade equipment. My weapon breakthrough was 44 silver. I've got 68. And now all the items going into it cost a few silver. So I'll be broke shortly.

What did you all do between about 38-45 before you could grind out gold?

agripa

Molten Core Raider

You can't spam the hotkeys for the combos.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being F2P fucking sucks. It didn't hit me much until late 30's, but now all the sudden it's costing a fortune to upgrade equipment. My weapon breakthrough was 44 silver. I've got 68. And now all the items going into it cost a few silver. So I'll be broke shortly.

What did you all do between about 38-45 before you could grind out gold?
As premium never had a issue. Because mob dropped coins supplements quest money perfectly fine until you reach moonwater and start making decent money from quests. And that was with me spamming crafting orders almost constantly, to level them up.

Maybe just buy the student bundle thing for $5? Least you get 7 days premium out of it or sub for a month. Unless you just stick it out until you can do moonwater/dungeon dailies to build a cash flow(or start crafting).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Once you reach moonwater you stop upgrading if you don't have premium, until you reach 45 and can farm Tomb of Exiles solo, then you feed all the purples into your stuff, it's only 50coppers for these and they're good until you reach the super expensive steps. You also make more money at this point.

Can run Tomb of Exiles for money/items too in the meantime, but you might as well just level to cap.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Love the ingame screenshot viewer. Being an altaholic makes me schizo in this game, so many combos.. I screenshot the combos in the tutorials and can pull them up anytime for whatever class I'm playing that session. Saves me a lot of google time.

I realize the combos are fluid in this game and can be made up for the most part, especially in the later game. But some of the basic ones from the tutorials are very handy and it sucks to forget them because I decided to play a different class for a couple of days.