Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man you're super angry about something that doesn't even affect you. I can back up his claims about the class quests not accepting the combo as having been completed, despite having successfully completed the combo. I had it happen on about half of the "combo check" quests where I had to do the combo around 10 times before it finally took. They're not bad at pressing buttons, the game is bad at recognizing that the combo has been completed and granting the quest update once it's done.
Yeah, this happens a lot in the tutorials, occasionally something gets buggered up. Played every class up to level 10 or so and it was very annoying at first. Easiest way to fix it is to run out of range and lose agro / let the mobs reset (don't leave the dungeon). Then it usually works first time after that.

And if you are like me and reset all your keybinds be careful. Some of the keys are used differently for different classes. Doing the Summoner tutorial to pull back the cat and it wasn't bound. Turns out it was strafe left and I had that unbound for that toon so it didn't show up in the tutorial screen.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
One of the people who are having this bug with the class quest refusing to acknowledge your properly executed combo should have no problem video capturing it and posting it up on youtube and linking it here, right? Since you've had it fail to register hundreds of times and whatnot...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've never seen that shit tbh, but some of the combos are fairly timing sensitive, you need to press them quickly one after the other and not just wait. Like the knockdown > hammer for the cat on summoner(which is the only one you could fail really) you need to hit C then V immediately after, it doesn't work if you press V a bit after even if the target is still knocked down when the hammer hits.

I'd say the harder ones are the dodge based ones, as they tend to require you actually iframes the moves(so there's a sound and the little ghost after image thing) rather than just move out of the way of things, and this requires precise timing. But I've literally leveled a dozen of chars to 15-20 and never had it not register when I was doing it properly and the only class I played that had easy one was Summoner. I guess it could happen, but it'd be quite uncommon as I haven't seen people complain about it on say Reddit, where people complain about every fucking thing.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It might be related to connection issues. I know my IP has been shit lately. Haven't bothered calling them because I'm moving in a couple of weeks.

But it happened last again night at the very first tutorial where I had to build up focus, and then fire off the right button. No timing needed, as simple as simple can be. But it just refused to register. I moved out of range then came back and it worked like a charm. I never got worked up about it because it's such an easy fix.

Programs get bugged up, connections are not perfect and idiots who don't listen are everywhere. Just a part of modern life.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
yeah I kinda stopped playing my destroyer too. Really like the KFM but with my ping it's very hard. I mean 1 second window is tight already but add in 200-300ms latency and it really takes some getting used to. luckily it seems that timing based on attack animations I can kinda counter just as it's about to start swinging on my screen, just gotta learn every different attack animation to know when to block it.

edit: yeah nm either I suck terribly or the class is too ping dependent to play properly. gonna try blade master they seem more forgiving
I'm using IPmana to play with from Australia, my ping previously was 350+ and the game was totally unplayable. With IPmana it's down to 210 at the moment, was 180 yesterday, and Destroyer seems ok. I can string together combos at level 12. Is this going to change and Destroyer gets much harder to combo with? what's the best high ping classes that don't suck?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm using IPmana to play with from Australia, my ping previously was 350+ and the game was totally unplayable. With IPmana it's down to 210 at the moment, was 180 yesterday, and Destroyer seems ok. I can string together combos at level 12. Is this going to change and Destroyer gets much harder to combo with? what's the best high ping classes that don't suck?
Destroyer is probably the most high ping friendly class. Summoner can work with it too.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Nah destroyer is like the easiest class and is not really ping dependent at all. I wanted to play KFM, but it is really ping dependent. I'm actually about 185-200 from Okinawa, but only saw a 8% improvement with WTFast so I don't even bother with it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Almost all Destroyer dps comes from animation cancelling LMB+RMB, I wouldn't say they're high ping friendly. Summoner is probably the best bet.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah summoner I have had mobs die while I am pretty much completely lagged out from a torrent downloading. They are very high ping friendly.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I can't play Summoner because those Lyn just creep me the fuck out. Is Warlock going to be like Summoner and can they be another race?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
One of the people who are having this bug with the class quest refusing to acknowledge your properly executed combo should have no problem video capturing it and posting it up on youtube and linking it here, right? Since you've had it fail to register hundreds of times and whatnot...
As one of the people who had it, moved onto KFM 20 then quit after falling asleep spacebarring through content, I would but I simply don't care that much about this game.

I'll give Black Desert a go though since that looks 'retard' proof, skill wise.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As one of the people who had it, moved onto KFM 20 then quit after falling asleep spacebarring through content, I would but I simply don't care that much about this game.

I'll give Black Desert a go though since that looks 'retard' proof, skill wise.
BDo seems worse than B&S when it comes to using combos, at least to me.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I've never seen that shit tbh, but some of the combos are fairly timing sensitive, you need to press them quickly one after the other and not just wait. .
It's pretty much this. I have a RL friend who told me he was having an issue with the KFM quest. I did it for him and he kinda chuckled and acknowledged that 'maybe he was doing it a little slower.' mix in this:

Honestly, I don't mind mind action combat all that much if it's done right, although I am more of a clicker.
and you have your answer.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
BDo seems worse than B&S when it comes to using combos, at least to me.
I haven't beta that game so not sure. One thing I do know is it's more of a complete MMO which is what I'm looking for.. crafting, exploration, social shit.

BnS never felt that way, felt like a single player experience or just a bunch of guys beating on a boss how the dungeons were ran.

We'll see how it goes... just dropped $100 for their Conq pack (wish Green Man had it though).

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
A clicker playing BDO or BnS.. yeah..
Yeah, BnS was all wrong for me. Boring as well as tedious.

If Black Desert turns out to be more of the same and the crafting/explo/social stuff bores me as well, I'll (swear off Asian shit and) sell you the Conqueror's pack cheap.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm, can you even click on bns? i mean im using the default mode and there is no cursor unless i press left alt. It would be basically impossible to play by mouse clicking. Not sure bout black desert, but the beauty of bns for me is the combat system, the challenge the game pose (i like soloing dungeons on my bd, did on assassin as well but is way more easy), and variety between the classes.

I said it before but to me, bns has the most fluid and engaging combat system ever, with a very well thought skill tree for each abilities for the different classes, it is simple amazing (at least for me).