Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually prefer him not being a replicant. The deep questions would still hold a strong meaning with Deckard being a human. As I said before, we all ask those questions occasionally as we progress through life. I prefer the Human verse Replicant angle over the "I am secretly a Replicant" angle. It just does not feel right even as a kind of hidden surprise.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thought of another one.
They Live.

The no definitive answer works best, considering the theme. What does it mean to be human? the real answer is, "does it matter?"
Roy giving his monologue to another replicant instead of a broken human changes it a bit though.

I'd rather see a Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2020/2077 movie made.

I don't trust most of hollywood.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
The great thing about Blade Runner is that it doesn't matter if Deckard is a replicant or not. It's great either way.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
y2CmFSV.jpg

the city recreation is on point

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I continue to not be happy about a sequel but I'm hoping for the best.

Juvarisx

Florida
Holy christ that music was spot fucking on. It looks like it should too, I wasn't happy about this sequel until I saw Arrival, then I figured I would give this director a shot.

• 1Picard

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy christ that music was spot fucking on. It looks like it should too, I wasn't happy about this sequel until I saw Arrival, then I figured I would give this director a shot.
I've seen Prisoners, Enemy, and Sicario and 2 of those movies were possible my favorite movies those years. The guy definitely has skill and with what i've heard about Arrival is probably one of top directors with his consistency

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I keep being amazed that Ryan Gosling has become as good as he has... I would not have guessed watching "Young Hercules" back in the 90s.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Wouldn't it be great if it ended up being a good movie? Finger crossed.

I have to admit, I don't think they could have gotten a better blade runner than Gosling. Dude has absolutely perfect the quiet conflicted man role. After drive and place beyond the pines? I'm open to the possibility.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is that a big fuck you to scott's "deckards a replicant" bullshit or is there going to be some retarded "haha youre a prototype replicant that could live for decades!" bullshit?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
My biggest worry for this is Ford, he seems to have lost a few steps in his acting, he always seems the same now, when he showed I was like oh so he is playing old Han solo in this too.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My biggest worry for this is Ford, he seems to have lost a few steps in his acting, he always seems the same now, when he showed I was like oh so he is playing old Han solo in this too.
That way of thinking is dead and gone, you need to fill the hole in your chest and find some cheer for a new explosive role that will rock the planet to its core.