Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'm honestly at a place mentally where I believe that Chris is trying to troll everyone and he's trying to become like the new Foler.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe it's like the America's Cup and Chris Chris just wants to keep the Asshat British for the next few years.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm honestly at a place mentally where I believe that Chris is trying to troll everyone and he's trying to become like the new Foler.
I've been reading a lot of 4chan lol.

I don't actually belive that stuff, wealth inequality and therefore capital ownership is a class thing rather than a race thing, but I'm hoping that one of the corporate shills does belive that stuff and it drives my point home for them.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>

I don't actually belive that stuff
You need to be careful with that shit. There is the illusory truth effect: if you are repeatedly exposed to bullshit, you start to believe it subconsciously.

Seriously, this is how you get flat earthers, and this is how indoctrination works, regardless of the political spectrum.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>

I don't actually belive that stuff, wealth inequality and therefore capital ownership is a class thing rather than a race thing, but I'm hoping that one of the corporate shills does belive that stuff and it drives my point home for them.
I believe I made a post about why Bobby Kotick is getting such a large payout earlier in the thread. When you get to a level where you're in a position to drive strategy, which is usually c-level, you get paid a lot more in options and a lot less in cash. Since he increased the stock price, his options are obviously worth more now than they were 10 years ago. This is all contractual with the BOD and not some grand conspiracy.

I get where you're coming from, but you'd make better points if you actually understood the process for c-level pay scaling as well as how M&As are handled.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
You need to be careful with that shit. There is the illusory truth effect: if you are repeatedly exposed to bullshit, you start to believe it subconsciously.

Seriously, this is how you get flat earthers, and this is how indoctrination works, regardless of the political spectrum.
This explains a lot regarding these forums. :rolleyes:

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I believe I made a post about why Bobby Kotick is getting such a large payout earlier in the thread. When you get to a level where you're in a position to drive strategy, which is usually c-level, you get paid a lot more in options and a lot less in cash. Since he increased the stock price, his options are obviously worth more now than they were 10 years ago. This is all contractual with the BOD and not some grand conspiracy.

I get where you're coming from, but you'd make better points if you actually understood the process for c-level pay scaling as well as how M&As are handled.
Sure but a lot of these companies just end up being a pyramid schemes in that sort of system.

Quality of product and even sales can go down, but as long as you can convince investors to stay on board until you can cash out, it's all good for these leeches.

WWE is another corp running a glorified pyramid scheme, sales, viewers, cultural relevance and match quality are down. However as long as they can convince Fox and Saudi Arabia to pay for their programming it doesn't matter. The company is being weakened though and they are one coup or Fox executive change away from collapse.

For Activision they needed to retain the ability to canabalise successful new studios, but they had too many flops and scandals in one year and it's them being bought out.

It totally works for the execs, I'm just saying that it isn't good for consumers or to be running your entire economy this way. Eventually it's going to be economically viable to have people starve to death in broken supply chains because it makes the stock go up.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Sure but a lot of these companies just end up being a pyramid schemes in that sort of system.

Quality of product and even sales can go down, but as long as you can convince investors to stay on board until you can cash out, it's all good for these leeches.

WWE is another corp running a glorified pyramid scheme, sales, viewers, cultural relevance and match quality are down. However as long as they can convince Fox and Saudi Arabia to pay for their programming it doesn't matter. The company is being weakened though and they are one coup or Fox executive change away from collapse.

For Activision they needed to retain the ability to canabalise successful new studios, but they had too many flops and scandals in one year and it's them being bought out.

It totally works for the execs, I'm just saying that it isn't good for consumers or to be running your entire economy this way. Eventually it's going to be economically viable to have people starve to death in broken supply chains because it makes the stock go up.
Again, I get what you're trying to say, but you really don't understand what you're talking about and I can tell you don't understand how stock prices are derived. There is an actual floor value to a stock price (i.e. the "book value"), and while it's certainly more difficult to determine what the legitimate book value of a company is when you're dealing with intangibles and IPs, there is generally a determined range of values the valuation falls in. If people think the book value is too high they don't invest, and vice versa. Now this is where your market price comes in, which is what you're referring to, since the public determines the value of the stock beyond the basic book value (which is actual financial formula).

At the end of the day, Bobby Kotick dramatically increased the book value of Activision and no amount of huffing and puffing about his pay scale or HR scandals is going to change that because intangibles and IPs have an intrinsic economic value that is completely separate from internal HR nonsense.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
wealth inequality and therefore capital ownership is a class thing rather than a race thing, but I'm hoping that one of the corporate shills does belive that stuff and it drives my point home for them.

None of this is what we were talking about, you included. I have no idea why you started ranting about Jews other than you got salty.

You started ranting about the evils of Bobby Kotick and how those evils translated to him being a shitty CEO, myself and others started telling you that your position that he was a shitty CEO was false. Shitty person? Sure, I don't know enough about him to refute that point, nor do I care.

The other points you are making deserve to roll in the politics section of the forum.

You won't make it to asshat of the year just posting "Jewy Tricks" memes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have no idea why you started ranting about Jews other than you got salty.
I think he's trying to mock glowies like Boozecube, not realizing that he keeps that shit toned down a bit on the other parts of the forum.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how he can be so wrong about CEOs while being so right on the JQ!?

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Must obviously be a jew.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc acquired nearly $1 billion of shares in Activision Blizzard Inc before Microsoft Corp agreed to buy the video game maker for $68.7 billion, according to a Monday regulatory filing.

Berkshire said that as of Dec. 31, it owned 14.7 million shares worth about $975 million of the "Call of Duty" maker.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

You've offended me with this post. I can prove the earth is flat with these 2 simple facts!

1) Earth is like 70% water
2) 99.9999999999% is *not* carbonated, ergo FLAT.

Checkmate, libtard!

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
1) Earth is like 70% water
2) 99.9999999999% is *not* carbonated, ergo FLAT.
1644942637668.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Must obviously be a jew.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc acquired nearly $1 billion of shares in Activision Blizzard Inc before Microsoft Corp agreed to buy the video game maker for $68.7 billion, according to a Monday regulatory filing.

Berkshire said that as of Dec. 31, it owned 14.7 million shares worth about $975 million of the "Call of Duty" maker.
What the fuck, Wikipedia "Early Life" has failed me, he's from a Protestant family.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's just a Nebraska autist. He makes money because he enjoys making the money. It's a game.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Aren't you all glad that the next expansion will be spearheaded by the "Principal Narrative Designer," without any of the baggage from the toxic males of the past?

1644942729992.png

1644953058380.gif

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What the fuck, Wikipedia "Early Life" has failed me, he's from a Protestant family.

Oil industry is almost 100% catholics (In Louisiana) and protestants (Texas). Imagine that, or a large number that aren't anything at all. Coon asses and rednecks, imagine that. I don't know about Chevron, but the last CEO of Exxon that I knew that became secretary of state attended a protestant church in Houston and led prayer service. Maybe the British are just sucking overall regardless of religion :)

Last edited: