Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Zepla (as an ex-WoW player now turned FFXIV streamer) put it best when she remarked that Ion has always been saying "We hear your feedback, but we don't want to make the changes you requested."

This came up with Preach' Shadowlands interview, and it comes up again in the Venturebeat interview: "We can also do better at communicating that we’ve heard feedback, but aren’t necessarily acting on it for whatever reason, or taking it under advisement and keeping an eye on it."

A good point: Ion claims that there are "dozen different play styles", and all are valid. He has to cling to that, as the main playstyle of the raider or PvPer is waning. But he needs those casual whales paying $25 for the next store mount, and some WoW tokens for the next boost.

Here's the WoW feedback process in action:

View attachment 380161

Zepla's analysis:

It's funny how that fucker Ion actually dug in on his position regarding the game despite them losing a record number of subs. Imagine how big your ego has to be to ignore the evidence that your vision of WoW is a failure.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's funny how that fucker Ion actually dug in on his position regarding the game despite them losing a record number of subs. Imagine how big your ego has to be to ignore the evidence that your vision of WoW is a failure.
Maybe Kapernick can join the team next. Then we can see a battle of egos for months on end.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Isn't the next season of OWL being played on OW2? So they have an Esport for a game people can't even play. What a dumpster fire.
Yea but nobody really knows what will happen with contenders. Right now all the signings are happening and they are using like 5v5 workshop modes to trial people. They need to get a beta build to the teams asap. (owl and contenders)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's nice they're announcing they're delaying games they hadn't even announced release dates for to begin with. Like D4 was MAYBE 2023 but it's "delayed"? How does that even work. Sounds like shitty free advertisement announcement.

OW2 at least makes a bit of sense as I think people assumed a specific time frame, but they hadn't announced that either. Also not sure what incompetent fuck managed to convince big money guys that stopping all content releases on their live game that actually was still pretty popular so they can work on a future re-release was a good idea. I guess they argued that it'd make more work to port over new content if they released it while also working on OW2, but that's only something that'd matter if you planned for OW2 to release like, 8, maybe 12 months after the "end" of content production for OW1. Instead it sounds like they're going to go 3years without content? And do they even believe OW2 will sell that well anyway? Not sure how that shit got greenlit, it sounds like literally just losing money just so MAYBE they make more money later on.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I have to admit I do not get the appeal of that chick, I guess American Inventors be so thirsty an average looking non-fat who plays MMO's is like a goddamn goddess to them.
Twitch has it's own version of 'office hot' where sixes thrive due to their seeming accessibility.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have to admit I do not get the appeal of that chick, I guess American Inventors be so thirsty an average looking non-fat who plays MMO's is like a goddamn goddess to them.

Any female over the age of 12 wearing those damned things needs to get shanked.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Shanked with what, though?

She's basically the female version of Asmongold, I heard that comparison once and I mean it's pretty fucking accurate.
Most people like Asmongold the person, not Asmongold the character. Same could be said about people with really fucking good hot takes on major issues like Zepla.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Kemonomimi make any girl hotter. This is a fact. You are living in a reality where this is fundamentally true.

Zepla is a nice down to earth streamer. She has the appeal of being one of the guys, when she's a girl.

If anything, people who watch the ultra-hot streamer girls are the fucking weirdos. Why watch someone who is bad at games, has a bad personality, AND is dumb as a box of rocks?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's nice they're announcing they're delaying games they hadn't even announced release dates for to begin with. Like D4 was MAYBE 2023 but it's "delayed"? How does that even work. Sounds like shitty free advertisement announcement.

Just means "don't ask again" in blizzard-speak. D4 is shelved.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I guess American Inventors be so thirsty an average looking non-fat who plays MMO's is like a goddamn goddess to them.
You shouldn't assume every female streamer on Twitch is a thot you have to fap to, especially when she doesn't even have an OnlyFans.

Meanwhile, the Blizzard community managers at work gathering valuable feedback from the playerbase:

1635920683887.jpeg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Zepla cleared TEA and streamed her prog, so basically she is a better player than most of the posters here.

It might come as a surprise but sadly most people who watch Twitch aren't looking for skilled gamers. For every Shroud there are like 1,000 semi-famous turbo shitters.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Good news: Ion and most of the WoW dev team get replaced.
Bad news: It's because the whole IP got sold to Tencent/Netease.

A finger on the monkey's paw curls.

• 1Double Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Twitch has it's own version of 'office hot' where sixes thrive due to their seeming accessibility.

Right. Clearly popular in high school Stacy types find themselves stagnant in the 500-900 viewer range. Haven't seen a Stacy hold 1k live views or be able to grow their channel into made girl status.

• 1Like