Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Private feedback forums are meant to have an entirely different style of feedback, which is why they force you to break out of the mold of parroting the typical public forum language, like I said

Can we not pretend that feedback from community members, streamers and other content creators has not been explicit including details regarding logs, hard numbers and design philosophy please. Like seriously. I understand most feedback is reactionary commentary but the WoW community has (for years) been bang on with what needed to be fixed in the goddamn beta of every expansion since Legion.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Private feedback forums are meant to have an entirely different style of feedback, which is why they force you to break out of the mold of parroting the typical public forum language, like I said.
The proposed forum is going to be viewable by everyone. In their words: "a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone."

How stupid of an idea this is was immediately obvious, because it paints a target on anyone posting there as a "representative of a part of the community". If they post something not agreed upon by the community they paint a target on their back. Whoever proposed this idea never had to deal with the more toxic elements of the WoW community.

Second, we now have anecdotes that there were multiple private feedback forums with your oh so coveted "trying to break out of the mold of parroting the typical forum language." The tweet I linked even said that they minded their language as asked, but it did nothing. You trying to frame this as a win for your "argument" only shows your lack of reading comprehension: The argument was that these private forums were set up, the rules were followed, but the feedback was still routinely ignored.

So again, why would another private avenue of feedback fix the broken communication?

Also, notice the weaseling in the official announcements, like "some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers", "these may take the form of live chats between Council members and WoW devs". This is already the typical corporate "cover your ass" language.

This is their version of "please hold the line, your call is important to us."

tl;dr: This trying to "break out of the mold of parroting the typical public forum language" is just stupidly applied linguistic relativity theory. There is an underlying reason why public forums converge on certain aspects, you don't get honest feedback by trying to police the language: Either the people don't bother giving feedback when they have to follow rules they find stupid, which limits the feedback, or they will just call you "Karen" instead of "cunt".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The proposed forum is going to be viewable by everyone. In their words: "a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone."

How stupid of an idea this is was immediately obvious, because it paints a target on anyone posting there as a "representative of a part of the community". If they post something not agreed upon by the community they paint a target on their back. Whoever proposed this idea never had to deal with the more toxic elements of the WoW community.

Second, we now have anecdotes that there were multiple private feedback forums with your oh so coveted "trying to break out of the mold of parroting the typical forum language." The tweet I linked even said that they minded their language as asked, but it did nothing. You trying to frame this as a win for your "argument" only shows your lack of reading comprehension: The argument was that these private forums were set up, the rules were followed, but the feedback was still routinely ignored.

So again, why would another private avenue of feedback fix the broken communication?

Also, notice the weaseling in the official announcements, like "some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers", "these may take the form of live chats between Council members and WoW devs". This is already the typical corporate "cover your ass" language.

This is their version of "please hold the line, your call is important to us."

tl;dr: This trying to "break out of the mold of parroting the typical public forum language" is just stupidly applied linguistic relativity theory. There is an underlying reason why public forums converge on certain aspects, you don't get honest feedback by trying to police the language: Either the people don't bother giving feedback when they have to follow rules they find stupid, which limits the feedback, or they will just call you "Karen" instead of "cunt".
Oh, I agree with you that this whole idea is fucking stupid, but what do you expect from a company that hasn't had an original idea since Ulduar?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I developed a real allergy to dev lingo during my time playing League of Legends. If Blizzard has their own negative pattern anti-fun terms and are thus somehow unable or unwilling to engage with the community using the language of the community than that's really just too fucking bad.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone who has to be shielded from words is an unprofessional baby and has no businesses working in any industry let alone gaming. Period.

Blizzard is still to busy sniffing their own shit and pretending it smells like bubblegum. These retards still haven't checked their ego. Them trying to mimic FF14 isn't going to bring back players. They already fucked up to badly and they have no miracle employee to save them.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Goonsquad Officer
There's a whole bunch of games which use FOMO which I will never play again because I missed too many weekly events and feel like I'll be gimped coming back.

Genshin Impact for example. I've missed too many events and rewards, though the new zone may tempt me back eventually.

I didn't really like FF14 having seasonal events I could miss, but they were all cosmetic stuff only so whatever.

I also didn't like the FF14 roulette bonus being once a day, I took a break once I had to rely on that for alt levelling. Again a relativly minor FOMO compared to WoW systems.
Id kill for accumulated roulettes stacking up for a week or two. So I can weekend binge

• 3Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard, where real professionals work:

1636140223035.png

• 4Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

"We understand that we’re not fixing systemic injustice by changing an emote in World of Warcraft."​

"It's not a 'smokescreen', "​

"As we’re improving our processes for evaluating managers, for sharing feedback with the team; as we’re improving our recruiting and hiring to build a more diverse team, let’s also turn that same eye on our game. That’s one thing that may be more visible in the short term. But in the long term we understand that what we’re going to be judged for as a team, as a company, and as a game is far beyond that. That work is still underway."​

Gee, then what fucking is it?
I wish more developers would say the silent part out loud, aka:

"We're making changes to cover our ass in a lawsuit that everyone sees through, especially anyone that has any semblance of knowledge about World of Warcraft, or has ever subscribed to an MMORPG, to please some old, crusty ass judge in California. Meanwhile, we're scoring negative internet points on all social media platforms and tanking the value of the company, so some IP hawk like Gamigo can buy this sinking ship, and Ion / Kotick can go retire in Hawaii with Alex Afrasiabi where they can bang hot chicks all day."​

• 1Barf
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I dont give a fuck about systemic injustice in WoW. Make a game that isn't garbage.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
  • 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Anyone who has to be shielded from words is an unprofessional baby and has no businesses working in any industry let alone gaming. Period.

Blizzard is still to busy sniffing their own shit and pretending it smells like bubblegum. These retards still haven't checked their ego. Them trying to mimic FF14 isn't going to bring back players. They already fucked up to badly and they have no miracle employee to save them.
E980E4C7-DC1F-4FFC-9724-9917A30390A6.png

I think we know someone who could give them 14 days...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
!Say what you will about Alex, maybe he got drunk and tried to dry hump whores at Blizzcon but shit the dude understood what made MMOs fun.

I would rather have rapist who play their own game than SJW fags who dont.
119B695F-7FFF-43EB-9942-49747049986F.png

FEC20D4C-3094-4868-A140-521145C26786.png

Agreed. But ppl change. Would you also like to be lorded over by the megan fox of ohio, today?

• 2Barf
  • 1Like