Blood Bowl 2

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The Rebbl people get cult-like on the main blood bowl reddit. Probably what I've noticed is what Cutlery is referring to with the hive mind. There's one guy in particular that has a lot of wrong opinions that new players unfortunately take as gospel because he's part of that community.
I said the rerelease earlier, but it really was when BB2 released that the subreddit went downhill. The rerelease was when talkfantasyfootball went downhill.

The league we had was what finally got me to commit to the game. Now I'm running tournaments and demoing the game for new players. I may not be happy with the online community or some of GWs decisions during this release, but tabletop is awesome and we've received a huge influx of new players.
I just ignore all the online crap and have fun with the parts I like.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Buying the legendary expansion now gives you access to the beta, which has pretty much everything besides 2 league modes.

The mixed teams are interesting.

Sulrn

Deuces
Worth it at 10% off for the comprehensive package? Anyone still playing?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Worth it at 10% off for the comprehensive package? Anyone still playing?

I know the reply is late, but I haven't been checking here much lately.
I'd probably say no. With Legendary releasing for BB2, any last holdouts will probably migrate over now. I still like the BB1 interface better and I'd play if anyone took the impetus to start a league, but you're probably better off waiting for a BB2 sale at this point. Although, if you just want to play against the computer, BB1 is just as good for that.

I went to Chaos Cup in Chicago a couple weeks ago. 3W, 2L, 1D. One of the losses was to the guy that won the entire event, so I guess I don't feel too bad about that result.

Feel free to ask any questions about Blood Bowl. I'd rather answer them than do work.

Sulrn

Deuces
I guess the next question would be is anyone still playing BB2? The 13 day turn around makes me think not so much?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I guess the next question would be is anyone still playing BB2? The 13 day turn around makes me think not so much?

I kind of stopped checked after no one cared about the patch notes etc, I still play but haven't grabbed expansion yet due to little interest from everyone I know. I do want to kill your DE with a goblin bomb again though so let me know.

Pretty sure that was our game in BB1, still the highlight of my Blood Bowl career.

For those that care: My goblin bomber threw a bomb five squares perfectly to his MVP dark elf which of course caught the bomb and threw it into a pile of my goblins, they all couldn't catch it and it bounced like four times before ending up back in the hands of the original DE and exploding killing him.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
If someone sets up a league here, I'll play. Was considering getting Legendary on PS4 thinking I might like the interface better on a console...then I could stream some games. Hard to justify that $50 when I can get all the tabletop games I want for free.

My schedule is just a lot tighter than it was when we had the other league. Between Blood Bowl, bowling, and Star Wars Destiny, I'm out most weeknights now.

Sulrn

Deuces
I kind of stopped checked after no one cared about the patch notes etc, I still play but haven't grabbed expansion yet due to little interest from everyone I know. I do want to kill your DE with a goblin bomb again though so let me know.

Pretty sure that was our game in BB1, still the highlight of my Blood Bowl career.

For those that care: My goblin bomber threw a bomb five squares perfectly to his MVP dark elf which of course caught the bomb and threw it into a pile of my goblins, they all couldn't catch it and it bounced like four times before ending up back in the hands of the original DE and exploding killing him.

I wish that were true, but unfortunately I've never started blood bowl - 0 hours played.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't sound like me. I still have my teams, don't think I played DE in either season, although I don't remember what I played after the orcs. I can check when I get home.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just browsed through the league threads and didn't see any season where you played goblins Hatorade Hatorade , so it must have been a non-league game in which case I got no fukin clue who it was.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Probably stunty league, but then none of us would have been playing dark elves.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Some of us played Stunty teams in the lower leagues to fill out the divisions if we didn't have enough. I played Halflings once. If that was the case, it was most likely a less experienced coach. I remember someone getting mad I pulled out a draw with Halflings because they felt I wasn't supposed to actually be trying.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong in tournaments. In league I can beat the same guys that do well in tournaments, but somehow I always end up in the middle of the field. I hate blaming dice, but it seems there's always 1-2 games I just get absolutely fucked.
I had one game last weekend where I rolled double skulls, reroll, double skulls twice. Ended up losing that game 1-0 to the guy that went on to win the tournament.

I know that it happens, but you'd think at some point I could put 4 games together without a 1/1296 result happening to me. I do my best to do the less risky stuff first, but you still don't expect that. Or for my Norse to lose 9 players to KOs and Casualties in the first half of a game in the tournament before that. It's not like I was giving a lot of free blocks away, but at some point the numbers become so great you have no choice but to leave someone in a tackle zone.

Not sure how to get better at rolling dice. I do need to get more familiar with the stat lines on some teams. I should probably have the starting skills memorized for teams by now, as it would probably help not needing to look at the opponent's roster all the time. Other than that, maybe my builds just suck.