Blood Bowl 2

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Well, dice ARE dice. The game RNG is better than dice. Dice are biased towards certain sides much more than the game is.

Maybe your problem is literally the dice? I dunno.

It's also possible you're not doing anything wrong except playing Norse, where the low armor can create real streaks that have a chain reaction effect with no way to compensate. Like, elves can just Dodge more, but you have no real way to mitigate trouble with agi 3 across the team.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I always use the same dice as my opponent. I did do better at Chaos Cup in the game I used a dice cup, so I may start doing that instead of rolling.

This last tournament I played Chaos. I think I retired the Norse for awhile after Chaos Cup. Problem right now is my only painted teams are Norse, Amazons, Chaos, and Slann. Have someone painting Undead/Necro for me, but it's taking forever.

I could borrow a team, but I like playing my miniatures.

It's probably just dice being dice, but it's starting to get into my head in tournaments. I need the validation of a trophy, damn it.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Finished 5th (out of 16) in the last local tournament of the year. I was on the Top Table in the last game and my Norse lost to Dwarves. I went 2 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw...I wasn't going to play Norse at tournaments anymore, but the rules of this tournament worked out in a way that it made a lot of sense to do. Count Luthor was available to all teams, so I took a team with him, 1 Runner, and 10 Linemen.

Next tournament is one that I run at the end of January, so I won't be playing...or if there's an odd number, I'll play a non-competitive team.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Not sure how to get better at rolling dice.

a friend of mine plays the game competitively, even going to worlds in italy, he consistently does well with a halfling team.. based on this observation i have concluded the game is a lot deeper then most people realise, properly positioning the players and making the right calls is defining, not the dice rolls

its like mtg, some of the big names show up again and again, and while i am sure LSV and co occassionally flood and lose to the random factor, their overall play is of sufficient quality to minimize the impact rng has

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Oh, definitely. There's room for me to improve my positioning for sure. I'm not one to blame the dice every time I lose, but when I'm playing Chaos Dwarves against Ogres and can't break snotling armor, it's frustrating.

I can acknowledge when those top players just outplayed me. I'm more talking about playing against similarly skilled opponents and starting the 2nd half down players to Halflings because, despite only being knocked down 5-6 times, all of those players were removed from the pitch. (I still won 2-0 because Halflings, but it made me sweat a bit.)

I've had league games where the dice are totally in my favor, but for some reason that never seems to happen in tournaments.