Bloodborne

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Any examples of this? That's awesome.

EQ's devs have done that a bunch of times with things like Plane of War, reused cancelled zones in later expacs.

Demons' 6th Archstone ---> Dark 2's snow DLC

Dark 1's DLC was obviously designed specifically for that game.

Bloodborne's optional area Cainhurst felt like it might have been created for a Dark game first.

Maybe all three Dark games were supposed to have two DLCs, Dark 2 got a third one because they repackaged the 6th Archstone, and Dark 1's other DLC would have been Cainhurst Castle. I dunno, just spitballing.

What Bloodborne level is in DSR?

And where was Painted World originally supposed to be? It actually would have fit pretty well in Demons' cancelled snow area. Maybe the 6th Archstone got repurposed into both Painted World AND Crown of the Ivory King.
This whole channel is full of short videos showing cut content and dev hacks/tricks. This isn’t the best example of cut content but is a decent example of dev overlap:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This whole channel is full of short videos showing cut content and dev hacks/tricks. This isn’t the best example of cut content but is a decent example of dev overlap:

They know they can add things to those old games and print more money? Right?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Looking into it more, it looks like the 6th Archstone is 100% the ice DLC from Souls 2.

6-1 looks like the frozen fields where you fight Lud and Zallen, 6-2 looks like the actual castle. I expected as much, but it's crazy to see it firsthand and realize you've already played it, more or less. I feel better about the Demon remake not restoring the area now.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Who would have thought that the makers of those odd Armored Core games (which had great soundtracks btw) would in 2021 be the belle of the ball in the world of game development.
I really liked those games, played the shit out of them and got pretty good. I tried to play them again like 5 or 6 years ago and the controls were so fucking hard. Panning the camera up and down with the R and B buttons. Wild how I couldn’t adapt to it even after having all that time in them back in the day.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I really liked those games, played the shit out of them and got pretty good. I tried to play them again like 5 or 6 years ago and the controls were so fucking hard. Panning the camera up and down with the R and B buttons. Wild how I couldn’t adapt to it even after having all that time in them back in the day.

Yeah the controls are the big sticking point with enjoying Armored Core. The only one I got through was the first one. I bought it because it has one of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. However when I played it, most of the levels had silence for BGM. I thought it was supposed to be like that, but later found out it was a glitch (I looked it up because when I was most of the way through the game I'd only heard like 5 tracks the whole time). I think I was playing it on PS3, and sometimes PS1 games would be iffy on PS3. Armored Core missing most of the soundtrack, Alien Trilogy being so dark it was unplayable (that one hurts), etc.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the controls are the big sticking point with enjoying Armored Core. The only one I got through was the first one. I bought it because it has one of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. However when I played it, most of the levels had silence for BGM. I thought it was supposed to be like that, but later found out it was a glitch (I looked it up because when I was most of the way through the game I'd only heard like 5 tracks the whole time). I think I was playing it on PS3, and sometimes PS1 games would be iffy on PS3. Armored Core missing most of the soundtrack, Alien Trilogy being so dark it was unplayable (that one hurts), etc.
It would’ve been pretty dated by ps3 time. That’s probably about when I tried to replay them again. They were pretty damn cool during pe1 time though, the graphics and music at that were great. The graphics were pretty shit by ps3 era. I’d fucking love to see a current gen AC game with real controls, From could make a sick fucking game with todays hardware and a souls mentality with a mech overlay. The customization on those games was so much fun to me.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I spent literally hours before I even set foot into the game designing my logo, color scheme, etc in the first Armored Core. Spending time on every level going -everywhere- to try and find hidden stuff, like the giant awesome laser rifle near the middle.
That's one series of games I wish they would bring back with a modern touch.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think BluePoint is either working on a ICO Remaster, or the rumored Legend of Dragoon Remaster.

I don't see them working on a updated BB this early... it would honestly be a waste of resources too do that, upgrading that game for 60fps would be more work then what its worth, so go the part 2 route...

But if they are working on a part 2.. they are being very very quite about it..

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Annual Return to Yharnam firing up the 24th, start up a new run and do as much coop as possible, should it please you.

• 1Like

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there any way to hack your way to endgame on PS5? I really enjoy doing the Orphan of Kos fight but I don't have a savegame anymore that has me at that point.