Bloodborne

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I love me some Bloodborne but chalice dungeons have always felt like something that shipped while still in alpha testing. I highly doubt they'll do anything to fix them if the (highly unlikely imo) PS5/PC port happens, but maybe if Sony ever coughs up the money for a BB2 they will come up with a much more polished system.
I always felt that they ended up with tons of assets as they got to a final version. Assets that were complete with animations, attacks, the whole nine but didn't fit into the base game they'd put together. So they built the Chalice Dungeon system to use them. Definitely not as elegant as the base game but also not bad.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I always felt that they ended up with tons of assets as they got to a final version. Assets that were complete with animations, attacks, the whole nine but didn't fit into the base game they'd put together. So they built the Chalice Dungeon system to use them. Definitely not as elegant as the base game but also not bad.

Yeah, the Chalice Dungeon system is definitely a trove of unused assets. All of the unused models and bosses from the regular game probably ended up there.

Enemy hunters, who seem way tougher than other enemies (maybe they scale with you, IDK) and a few key bosses were saved for the DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ripped that Maria up in one try solo. It was close. Would blow past that bitch so fast in a rematch it'd wipe the snot off your nose.

I'm in this fishing Hamlet and REALLY like the "something came from the sea" XCOM2 vibe that activated in my gaming boomerness.

That's what these games do best, let your imagination run loose as you dungeon crawl. The 3 hour lore ramblings from other neckbeards are proof. (British/Australian excited accent) "Now what *I* think happened WAS.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
I want to do a run with them because they force you to be better at dodging. Since they don't stagger and you can't parry with them in the transformed mode.

My latest run (that I completed Plat on) was with BoMercy. It was quite fun, their fast attack pattern was entertaining.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did an hour of orphan and got him. Really belligerent one.

Definitely want to try the rifles or something next time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Really making me want to do another play through.

Fucking Sony activated 2FA somehow and can't access my account without the serial number of my PS3 I haven't had in 10 years and really don't want to drop money again if there's going to be a remaster on the horizon

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got back to this, switched an elemental gem to the Ludwig's sword and it moved all the damage to Arcane, very nice.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So there's chalice dungeon things you can do that give you like 6.8 million blood echoes (you could WIN blood vials and quicksilver bullets FOR LIFE!), chain farm chunks and absurdly strong gems. I've spent a little time there, and I suspect any cutting edge try hard pvper will want to know this stuff for the remaster.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finishing up my Arcane run, was fun, but I probably wouldn't do it again. It can definitely be OP once set up properly, but it takes most of the game for it to really get going. Kind of like running Final Fantasy 1 with a party of all Thieves or something. If there were more arcane tools early on it would have been a lot better. I suggest the Bloodtinge-spec gun-only run over this for anyone looking for a fun way to replay the game.

Doing some DLC, which I didn't do in the Bloodtinge run. I want to fight Lady Maria, then I'll go back and beat the game. Probably not going to go after Lawrence or Orphan. Those guys are still very difficult for me so I'll save them for the PS5 playthrough. Since I used light weapons (Blade of Mercy etc) and Bloodtinge / Arcane for my four runs of the game so far, I think I'll go with a Str spec for the PS5 run and actually use the Whirligig as a main weapon finally. Definitely the one thing left that I'd love to do a run specifically for.

What's the earliest you can get the Whirligig? As in which bosses do you have to beat? IIRC you don't need to beat any bosses in the DLC to get to it, just reach the DLC.

Yeah, that's my PS5 version plan. Start with the Hunter's Axe to avenge my failed first run at the game, spec Str, eventually transition to Whirligig.

...announce PS5 version now pls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It can definitely be OP once set up properly, but it takes most of the game for it to really get going.
No, just no. Arcane falls off once you're balls deep into NG++++, but from the moment you get the flamesprayer until something like NG+3 or so (which is when tools really drop off and you're being carried by the gems in your saw blade with 99 arcane scaling) it's insanely OP. It's still strong then, but since you're using melee for the vast share of damage there's better ways to scale pure weapon damage up.

Now that you're done, watch this:

Last edited:

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Weak rumor is weak, but w/e.

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Can Bluepoint develop decent IP's or are they simply remasters? BloodBorne Remaster would be awesome, I would rather have a BB2, but Elden Ring is up next, I am down.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think they've done anything besides remasters? (someone can correct me tho) Clearly a competent team of devs so creating fitting gameplay doesn't seem like a stretch.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they haven't done anything but. If they can pull off a remake of Bloodborne though with the same awesome job they did with Demon Souls - holy hannah would that rock.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Can Bluepoint develop decent IP's or are they simply remasters? BloodBorne Remaster would be awesome, I would rather have a BB2, but Elden Ring is up next, I am down.

What we know for certain is that Bluepoint Games was recently acquired by PlayStation. During this announcement, Bluepoint revealed that they are working on an original game. So the question is if this is a new IP or Bloodborne sequel ? Personally I find it really hard to belive that Sony would allow Bluepoint to make a sequel instead of FromSoftware.
Yes, I've read claims that that FromSoftware want to focus on new IP's, might be true to some extent but in the case of Bloodborne the IP belongs to Sony, and they have a contract with Fromsoftware and call the shots on a sequel. But don't take my word for it, how about Hidetaka Miyazaki, President of FromSoftware :

FromSoftware boss Hidetaka Miyazaki has said that Bloodborne was his favorite game to work on, and has revealed what aspects of the game he felt could have been improved.
Speaking to GameSpot Brazil (translation via ResetEra), Miyazaki likened his games to children when asked which one he enjoyed creating the most, but added that Bloodborne holds a special place in his heart.
“This is a very hard question, and, comparatively, it’s like you had three or four children and someone asked ‘which one is prettier?'” he jokingly replied. “I’m gonna answer ‘all of them.’ But if I were to say which one stayed in my heart the most, it’s Bloodborne. It’s the one that marked me the most. I believe I did it my way, the way I wanted.”
When asked if there was anything he’d have liked to change in Bloodborne or improve upon, Miyazaki said that he doesn’t like to think about that aspect too much after a game has already been shipped but he thinks the Chalice Dungeons and Blood Gems could have been more detailed.
Speaking of his inspirations, Miyazaki said that Bloodborne was influenced by Lovecraft’s The Call of Cthulhu and the film Brotherhood of the Wolf, among others.
As far as a sequel is concerned, Miyazaki has already said the decision to make Bloodborne 2 isn’t up to him but didn’t say who would be responsible for making that call. Considering the game’s PlayStation exclusivity, it’s highly likely that Bloodborne 2 requires the greenlight from Sony Interactive Entertainment

So here is what I hope will happen. Bluepoint already at work with BB1 remaster , release 2022/2023. Project BB2 already greenlit by Sony and FromSoftware in all secrecy in pre production with full production starting 2022 and an E3 reveal 2024, with a 2025 PS5 exclusive release.

Nightmare scenario would be that Bluepoint makes BB2 , that would be an abomination, and anyone hoping for a "miracle on ice" scenario will be deeply disappointed !

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What we know for certain is that Bluepoint Games was recently acquired by PlayStation. During this announcement, Bluepoint revealed that they are working on an original game. So the question is if this is a new IP or Bloodborne sequel ? Personally I find it really hard to belive that Sony would allow Bluepoint to make a sequel instead of FromSoftware.
Yes, I've read claims that that FromSoftware want to focus on new IP's, might be true to some extent but in the case of Bloodborne the IP belongs to Sony, and they have a contract with Fromsoftware and call the shots on a sequel. But don't take my word for it, how about Hidetaka Miyazaki, President of FromSoftware :

So here is what I hope will happen. Bluepoint already at work with BB1 remaster , release 2022/2023. Project BB2 already greenlit by Sony and FromSoftware in all secrecy in pre production with full production starting 2022 and an E3 reveal 2024, with a 2025 PS5 exclusive release.

Nightmare scenario would be that Bluepoint makes BB2 , that would be an abomination, and anyone hoping for a "miracle on ice" scenario will be deeply disappointed !
I can see a BB remaster, lite remake. I can't see a sequel happening without input from FromSoftware. I could see Bluepoint making a sequel under the direction of From for Sony.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like if they had the gumption to make a sequel to Bloodborne, they would have tried some DLC for Demon's Souls just to test the waters. I personally hope they are doing another remake. From should be the one doing the sequel. It's their vision, not Bluepoint's.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
I can see a BB remaster, lite remake. I can't see a sequel happening without input from FromSoftware. I could see Bluepoint making a sequel under the direction of From for Sony.
I think BB will be a remaster multi platform release to reach as many gamers as possible to build momentum for a exclusive PS5 BB2 release later on.
Bluepoint with only prior experience of making remasters and remakes would in my opionion be ill-suited compared to a Grandmaster like Fromsoftware at taking on a sequel to one of their masterpieces from the ground up. Even an older title like Demon Souls needed the approval of Miyazaki and FromSoftware before they got greenlit by Sony for a remake. It's a bit of Japansese honor and tradition involved here too, and Miyazaki has already stated he would love to do it.

• 1Like